Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Expansion is very good and a new standard was born...now just needs a bit of "spice"

The new standard is
    "no more dampening PvP"
    "no more endless farms and chores"
    "no more RNG in gear and legendaries"

The whole expansion just feels...right (in concept, with just a few "bugs" on the system)

Now it just needs a bit of "spice" in my opinion.
    This spice cant become a chore to do weekly...so...it needs to either be a "pure fun mechanic" or a "pure cosmetic activity"

Blizzard already added one "spice"...but they decided to go with "Torghast with cosmetics" (-__-) bleh

What would you add to this expansion to spice up the system?

EDIT:
    I would add a MOST WANTED leaderboard system to Warmode (UwU) toxic system, as it should be
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2021-01-20 at 12:01 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    The new standard is PvE not dropping anything outside of the weekly vault. That alone is enough to negate whatever other qualities this xpac may have.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Honestly, I've been playing since Vanilla and this is my least favorite expansion. Ditto with my entire friends list. Most people stuck it out to finish covenant campaigns last week and are gone.

Between only getting to see a fraction of the story unless you want to commit to multiple alts, the absolute loot desert if you don't PvP and the insanely long grind for cosmetics via anima... No reason to want to log on. A lot of specs also just aren't in a good place relative to pre-Legion, and balance (esp. covenants) is in a really bad place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

This is the worst expansion I have ever played . Not rewarding, not fun, not entertaining. Torghast is not fun or rewarding . The maw is hot garbage.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    This is the worst expansion I have ever played . Not rewarding, not fun, not entertaining. Torghast is not fun or rewarding . The maw is hot garbage.
    I quit it faster than bfa. Sure they got some things right like no titan forging. But other than one zone they suck. The maw is shit and torghast is less enjoyable than island expeditions.

I understand why newer WoW players are enjoying it so much because the raid and dungeons are genuinely good. But for someone who's played since classic those alone now don't peak my interest. And sadly the big selling points of content are horrid (maw/torghast).

I think I am just truly done with the game now. I will wait a for a new mmo and hope it sticks.
    Last edited by Zaerick; 2021-01-20 at 02:52 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a below average expansion so far imo. The bad (Torghast, Maw, loot rates, etc) overshadow the good (dungeons, raids, PvP vendor, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    The new standard is
    "no more dampening PvP"
    "no more RNG in gear and legendaries"

The whole expansion just feels...right (in concept, with just a few "bugs" on the system)

Now it just needs a bit of "spice" in my opinion.
    This spice cant become a chore to do weekly...so...it needs to either be a "pure fun mechanic" or a "pure cosmetic activity"

Blizzard already added one "spice"...but they decided to go with "Torghast with cosmetics" (-__-) bleh

What would you add to this expansion to spice up the system?

EDIT:
    I would add a MOST WANTED leaderboard system to Warmode (UwU) toxic system, as it should be
    Expansion actually isn't good, because it has critical mistake: it's made more casual/alt-friendly via catch-ups, but "annoyance" of content is still way too high, as it was back in BFA. I call it "annoyance", not "difficulty", because "difficulty" can be treated wrong way. I mean mechanics like no flying, too long and boring leveling, mandatory Maw, constant Oribos trips, no choices in Callings, too slow Anima gaining, etc.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Expansion very good?????

I get having criticisms w the expansion as the game is subjective; but saying it’s worse than BFA is insanity to me. loot feels rewarding again and upgrades feel awesome (however I do agree that specifically in M+ there needs to be something that makes it so running a key and not getting anything feels like a waste) Torghast specifically the twisting corridors is super fun in my opinion (although it was MORE fun on Beta) but I get the complaints of the 6 floor blocks. Classes on their own feel good, and anima is a grind for cosmetics and having a grind for those kinds of things is more than justified, see Netherwing Drake rep farming. Grinding for cosmetics that are desirable is good and gives people a long term goal; I do wish they gave the covenants more than one armor set though, as it would give people things to really chase after, a new set rather than a recolor

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ever-MMO-Champ

I guess the mods removed his first freak out rage thread. Man such a shame.

Disregard that link

The story was better, the dungeons were better, the diversity of WQs was a lot better, island expeditions weren’t great but were much better than Torghast/Maw, and the story was not so linear. You also didn’t have to have 4 different alts to see all of the storylines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    It's a below average expansion so far imo. The bad (Torghast, Maw, loot rates, etc) overshadow the good (dungeons, raids, PvP vendor, etc.)
    How does the maw, a barely relevant zone overshadow any of those good things that are much more regular activities.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Expansion is low to mid. It feels like BFA 2.0, but a little better.

The only thing I actually hate with a burning passion is the maw

The entire anima system is an endless farm and a chore if you want to get anything done. Which is the majority of the content

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post

The entire anima system is an endless farm and a chore if you want to get anything done. Which is the majority of the content
    For people who don't actually... play the game i guess. If all you do is wq and pet battles then maybe? I get my 1k anima in like 45 mins and don't touch it until next Tuesday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defend View Post
    I get having criticisms w the expansion as the game is subjective; but saying it’s worse than BFA is insanity to me. loot feels rewarding again and upgrades feel awesome (however I do agree that specifically in M+ there needs to be something that makes it so running a key and not getting anything feels like a waste) Torghast specifically the twisting corridors is super fun in my opinion (although it was MORE fun on Beta) but I get the complaints of the 6 floor blocks. Classes on their own feel good, and anima is a grind for cosmetics and having a grind for those kinds of things is more than justified, see Netherwing Drake rep farming. Grinding for cosmetics that are desirable is good and gives people a long term goal; I do wish they gave the covenants more than one armor set though, as it would give people things to really chase after, a new set rather than a recolor
    Pretty much this.

Less loot means loot is more impactful. Getting a new item means something. It's less about comparing the 10 epics you have in your bags which I like. I also thing it adds to the longevity of content. The rate at which we got loot was getting out of hand.

And a grind for cosmetics? I don't have any issue with that. If you want a fancy backpack then I see no issue with you having to work heaps for it. It doesn't impact your player power and it makes it more exclusive. See the old Winterspring Frostsaber, or any desired mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

I think the fact that the grind is loot instead of some infinite resource makes the game more fun again. You raid and pvp with friends and, oh well, you don't get gear as fast. That's fine. I'd rather have this than loot falling out of the sky but STILL being compelled (forced for some) to grind something like azerite. 1 long term grind instead of 2 please.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Loving it. Lots to go after if you're into cosmetics and the like, but nothing 'grindy' or 'mandatory' from the main systems.

Dungeons (albeit too few?) are great, the raid is amazing. Great Vault is huge step up from weekly vault. Legendaries without the bullshit rng we had in legion is also an upgrade. Pvp vendor again, great.

My only issue would be the reduction of amount of loot from m+ and raid, but it's not that big a deal.

Even the Maw was cool, i'm mostly done with it but doing it gradually was cool, and reminded me of Suramar City and its challenges, so yea.

As for Torghast, i like it, but again, am done with it after completing Twisting Corridors Layer 8. Will run it once in a while for a taste of super overpowered char, but not for a little bit

And i absolutely love the low-upkeep on my main, allowing the altoholic in me to go crazy with so many chars. Doing the Covenant Campaign on every covenant was cool, but a lot of people are probably missing out on a lot of content, characters and stuff if they don't play multiple covenant characters. That's kinda of a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    For people who don't actually... play the game i guess. If all you do is wq and pet battles then maybe? I get my 1k anima in like 45 mins and don't touch it until next Tuesday.
    If you want to upgrade your covenant and get mounts/transmog/toys etc, you are going to do a hell of alot more than that, or wait a hell of a long time.

I've kind of stuck it out to do our regular heroic raid clear and at least 4 m+ dungeons every week so far.

But last week I only stomached a single +14 run, didn't even bother with the raid and I've been spending more time on alts to see the other campaigns through.

I'm missing the Kyrian chapter 9 and all of the Necrolord campaign, but I suspect I'll start spending increasingly more time playing other games when I'm done with all the campaigns.

I simply haven't found the gear loop of WoW to be particularly rewarding for years and neither pvp vendors or lack of titanforging changes that.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*