Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Bad bad bad bad BAD business model.

Would you want to open a restaurant that caters to an extreme minority in USA, using the Brunei island diet? No.
    Would you want to open a gaming business that caters to only 5% of people in the gaming industry? No.

it is just mind blowing stupid. If the uber hardcores clear it in a week, good for them if it is "too easy." The games money does not come from them. They are the smallest end of the spectrum in financial intake for Blizzard.

Would you want to have a company like Blizzard chucking out low quality shit because they devote inordinate amount of time that only 5% of players will see? No. Devote that attention away from mythic
    You do know there are other difficulties besides mythic?

What you're saying is like going to a hot wing place and saying that shouldnt have their "ASS MELTER 6000" wings since you can't stand to eat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Is that not a good thing tho?

I thought the consensus was that raiding should always give the best and most loot.
    Correct. I'm on the side of that. If you're a raider you're going to have an edge and that's how it should be. I'm in a guild finishing off heroic still with a 30 man raid team so the distribution is much lower and I'm completely fine with that along with the rest of the raid team. The subsidy of the vault is just an added bonus. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the original post.

This tier is very overtuned for the reward. 3 drops with no bonus roll is an insult and many people still dont have any pieces after weeks of Mythic raiding. Dunno why this forum has such a hardon for everything being as hard and annoying as possible, its like people cant wait for this game to die off.

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    This tier is very overtuned for the reward. 3 drops with no bonus roll is an insult and many people still dont have any pieces after weeks of Mythic raiding. Dunno why this forum has such a hardon for everything being as hard and annoying as possible, its like people cant wait for this game to die off.
    Vote with your wallet, I guess. If it's an issue important enough to cancel a sub over, they'll get the message. I cancelled, because I don't like the new loot system. That doesn't mean other people can't like it, though; and if enough of them do, it'll keep going, and I'll have to find a different game. That's how it works.

Hey if we make loot just not drop that will make it mEaNiNgfUl!!!11

200IQ blizz devs

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Reminder of people posting on MMO-C: "Vanilla was so awesome because only the most dedicated had the best gear. I remember being in T2,5 or T3 and people worshipping the ground I walked on. Now every scrub has the best gear"

So..hey...here is your Sire Denathrius with 52 guilds killing him. Some content is only for the very best and dedicated and it is not meant to be cleared by everyone.

Time to worship the ground they walk on.

Analogy doesn't work. It would work if mythic raiding was all there is.

But to stick with your example...WoW is a restaurant that serves the Brunei island diet AND several other dishes that appeal to people who don't like or are not advanced enough for the Brunei island diet.

But yeah..apart from that..expect a call from Blizzard soon to explain to them what a GOOD business model is.
    Ackshuwally, you're mistaken. A restaurant with a bloated menu is doomed to fail. "Only 5% of our customers ask for this food, therefore we shall provide it."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    You do know there are other difficulties besides mythic?

What you're saying is like going to a hot wing place and saying that shouldnt have their "ASS MELTER 6000" wings since you can't stand to eat them.
    No, in my years of playing since Vanilla I have not realized there are other difficulties. I completely forgot that I've mentioned them several times in this thread.

Maybe read all the comments first then make a coherent argument.

No store will carry an ASS MELTER 6000 and leave it on the shelves only to expire. You go to stores that cater those kinds of products. You don't even find them regularly at the supermarket either. So.. yea, take this L bud

10+ Year Old Account
    Halfway through raid tier? kekw...

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    I stopped raiding after nighthold in legion mostly because it was sometimes full days or weeks just for ”progression” without boss kills.

I prefer fast and easy content instead.
    Same here. Nighthold was an amazing raid, but it ate all of my joy seriously raiding.

I think that mythic raiding is just a failure imo. It's interesting to follow the RWF, but outside of these top contenders and the race, pretty much no one really cares.
    It feels like at a certain point that raiding and m+ is really just there for streamers (the most popular ones don't even engage this much in this content) and a few select players, but unlike PVP glads, this is all content that eats a shitton of developer times and blizz does most of their balancing around these people.

I honestly think we should just go back to how things were pre-WoD in terms of raiding and also make m+ at least a lot less about the speedrunning.

And also what needs to be said, all this loot craze is what made blizz add more difficulties to dungeons and raid. But now that we're mostly back to how things were in wrath/cata, I don't think that all this is necessary anymore.

And yeah it's not that the hardest content isn't rewarding enough, but I think that the vast vast majority of players just aren't interested in content that REQUIRES you to be a in hardcore guild and spent too much of your life on this.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2021-01-29 at 12:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    We are almost halfway through this raid tier and there have only been 52 Sire kills to date. This is a very big disappointment in participation numbers and a little ominous for the future of Mythic raiding.

It is clear that the direction Blizzard has taken with raid loot this tier has not worked. When players are guaranteed a piece of 226 loot every week by doing just 1 dungeon, it is very difficult to get excited over managing the logistics of a raid day after day, week after week, then raiding hours and hours on end for nothing most of the time. Now with dungeons significantly nerfed, it'll only encourage this behaviour more.

On top of all that, Mythic raiders have been denied the Master Loot option and now Bonus Roll options. However the raids still require the gear which just isn't dropping. It truly is a miserable experience to be Mythic raiding right now.

I really hope that Blizzard evaluates the rewards structure for 9.1 so that this crisis is not repeated before it does long term harm to Mythic raiding.
    You might get more support for your position if you weren't so willing to hyperbolize the situation. 6 weeks into 6months isn't 'almost halfway' its barely 1/4 of the way. Nor, do the raids 'require' the gear. Try using facts instead of emotional manipulation.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Ackshuwally, you're mistaken. A restaurant with a bloated menu is doomed to fail. "Only 5% of our customers ask for this food, therefore we shall provide it."
    When it uses all the same ingredients as your other dishes already do, you can.

That is why Mythic raids can exist, because the expensive part of a raid is the assets, not 1 boss ability and some tuning.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    You are right about those things.

Not take away, per se, but consolidate and adjust.
    Remove and rename... its still taking away someone's options. Is it not?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Vote with your wallet, I guess. If it's an issue important enough to cancel a sub over, they'll get the message. I cancelled, because I don't like the new loot system. That doesn't mean other people can't like it, though; and if enough of them do, it'll keep going, and I'll have to find a different game. That's how it works.
    This... I cant stress the idea of 'vote with your wallet' strong enough.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    We are almost halfway through this raid tier and there have only been 52 Sire kills to date. This is a very big disappointment in participation numbers and a little ominous for the future of Mythic raiding.

It is clear that the direction Blizzard has taken with raid loot this tier has not worked. When players are guaranteed a piece of 226 loot every week by doing just 1 dungeon, it is very difficult to get excited over managing the logistics of a raid day after day, week after week, then raiding hours and hours on end for nothing most of the time. Now with dungeons significantly nerfed, it'll only encourage this behaviour more.

On top of all that, Mythic raiders have been denied the Master Loot option and now Bonus Roll options. However the raids still require the gear which just isn't dropping. It truly is a miserable experience to be Mythic raiding right now.

I really hope that Blizzard evaluates the rewards structure for 9.1 so that this crisis is not repeated before it does long term harm to Mythic raiding.
    this happens when basicly whole endgame is crazy overtuned and there is no loot anywhere. (for example yesterday during raid we joked that we got much more BoEs then usefull loot from bosses - this is very very symptomatic that blizzard only cares about token sales)

people just cba to deal with it and taken break till 9.1

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    Hey if we make loot just not drop that will make it mEaNiNgfUl!!!11

200IQ blizz devs
    "loot was better in vanilla rabblerabble" "I don't like TF"

Zero Alliance guilds in the Americas have cleared Mythic Castle Nathria:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/ra...on=1&faction=1

Crazy.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm probably not the only one who would like more simplistic bosses more often. And by simplistic I mean classic style of bosses with maybe 2-5 mechanics (Out of which maybe 1 is only something that could kill you if you're not careful) instead of 10-20 mechanics.

I've just given up on raids as there was no progress made ever, in NORMAL difficulty. People die to very simple mechanics on every boss continuously until the group disbands, but there's a lot of mechanics to look out for so I understand them.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    I'm probably not the only one who would like more simplistic bosses more often. And by simplistic I mean classic style of bosses with maybe 2-5 mechanics (Out of which maybe 1 is only something that could kill you if you're not careful) instead of 10-20 mechanics.

I've just given up on raids as there was no progress made ever, in NORMAL difficulty. People die to very simple mechanics on every boss continuously until the group disbands, but there's a lot of mechanics to look out for so I understand them.
    Most heroic bosses do have 2-5 mechanics you have to play for your role, what are you talking about? Even bosses like denathrius and generals that have different phases only have 2-3 things you need to do in those phases.

Your last phrase sounds like you tried to progress normal with a random group/pug, just... don't do that, it'll always be a mess and people aren't on the same page.

Btt: Itemization is still a mess and most players don't have the time or will to invest into rated pvp while still raiding mythic (which also shouldn't be required lol..), also stone legion generals was a block that's probably been lifted now, let's look at the number of kills in a week from now.
    Last edited by TheLucky1; 2021-01-29 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post

Most bosses are centered around 1-2 major mechanics and then some smaller dodge mechanics. People just suck at the game.

Let's look at the mechanics heroic Sire D:

- Use frontal to reduce debuff
    - Soak pools
    - Kill adds
    - Control Sire D’s Health
    - Dodge stuff that’s red and will very obviously kill you.

It’s not rocket science. And this is the end boss. It should not be more simple than that.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm such an idiot, sure. Let me make an assumption about you:

You spend 12+ hours on a video game, ignoring life duties and self-improvement because you want to rule in a MMORPG. You get a pat on the back, buddy! You're HARDCORE!! WOOT!!!

MMOs are Lulz in difficulty. Always has been. It's a battle of attrition via hours of no-lifing. Making Mythic only viable for 5% is stupid to me, and maybe not stupid to you because you want that uber title and achievement... such a hardcore player, you. You have my undying respect, I salute you.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope. It should never take 6+ weeks to full clear a raid. That's too much time sink. Pass. Not interested therefore I don't.
    Let me make an assumption about you:

You see yourself as more important than you actually are, while really youve gotten nowhere in life. You act like superior but in reality have a really bad self esteem.

You point him out as a no life without any context, yet he doesnt post several times a day on mmo-champ on average.
    Former highend raider. Now highend moron

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Most bosses are centered around 1-2 major mechanics and then some smaller dodge mechanics. People just suck at the game.

Let's look at the mechanics heroic Sire D:

- Use frontal to reduce debuff
    - Soak pools
    - Kill adds
    - Control Sire D’s Health
    - Dodge stuff that’s red and will very obviously kill you.

It’s not rocket science. And this is the end boss. It should not be more simple than that.
    There's definitely more to heroic sire than that. Soaking the orbs gets tricky because of bad overlaps with both the pull in and other orbs. It's very easy to put yourself in an unwinnable position where you have to choose between running out of the pull in and soaking. You're definitely underselling the macro level of strategy there.