Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The maw and conduit upgrades really suck

I was reading on how to upgrade some of your conduits and my understanding is you need "cordial" with the venari which is already a pain in the dick but the item to do it will basically aways upgrade the shittiest conduit you have not the one you want and you have to be in your covenant to use it so back and forth and back and forth... wtf...

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I was reading on how to upgrade some of your conduits and my understanding is you need "cordial" with the venari which is already a pain in the dick but the item to do it will basically aways upgrade the shittiest conduit you have not the one you want and you have to be in your covenant to use it so back and forth and back and forth... wtf...
    Yeah its not worth it just raid for your conduits and save your stygia for gems

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The should change the back and forth for sure.

The only good thing is that conduits don't really account for much and should be the last thing you worry about when trying to augment player power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post

The only good thing is that conduits don't really account for much and should be the last thing you worry about when trying to augment player power.
    Theirs a resto shaman conduit tumbling waves that I wanted to upgrade. At ilvl 200 its a 26% chance shoots up to 30% i think at max rank i guess its not a huge difference but still

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    Yeah its not worth it just raid for your conduits and save your stygia for gems
    I dont know if that conduit actually drops in the raid. Like I looked at the loot table and it only dropped from the world boss which was a max 200 item level

It's actually not that bad now. You can get a conduit upgrade every other day, sometimes even faster. That's much better pacing than any other progression system we currently have like gear or renown or anima shit. And maw is ok now that we have the mounts.

yeah spend hours daily sitting in the maw for a .2-.3% upgrade to an ability.

Quote Originally Posted by mr2t View Post
    Why the hell would you sit for hours in there? Do the dailies and kill several skull mobs and thats enough for the full bar and around 1k stygia. It's not worse than the daily chores of previous expansions.

I think that is more of a last resort kind of deal, it's not really supposed to be your primary source.

Edit: Well at least it appears like that, but there are obvious issues with sourcing some conduits I guess.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2021-02-01 at 12:25 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

For warlocks, the only options for the BiS PVE conduit at 226 ilvl are Ven'ari and PVP. You need rating for it.

The BiS PVP conduit comes from +15 dungeons at 213 and then Ven'ari only at 226.

I think the dailies are fine, but the conduit upgrade item should give you more of a choice like picking a potency conduit vs. finesse, or prioritising your active specialization.
    Last edited by Danvash; 2021-02-01 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post

i think conduits should just be guaranteed drops. it really sucks when something that can massively effect your dps, has a low-ish drop rate, and isn't something that can be traded to other people is forced on you. i've personally had very few conduit drops. basically all my upgrades came from venari and it's one of the reasons i've quit wow. i don't mind conduits being a thing but it should be a 100% drop rate to give a reward for reaching higher instead of being just another piece of loot you didn't get, which feels worse because it isn't shared with normal loot drops which were nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i think conduits should just be guaranteed drops. it really sucks when something that can massively effect your dps, has a low-ish drop rate, and isn't something that can be traded to other people is forced on you. i've personally had very few conduit drops. basically all my upgrades came from venari and it's one of the reasons i've quit wow. i don't mind conduits being a thing but it should be a 100% drop rate to give a reward for reaching higher instead of being just another piece of loot you didn't get, which feels worse because it isn't shared with normal loot drops which were nerfed.
    Do they affect your DPS that much? Usually the base version is already the biggest upgrade. The big effect is usually attributed more towards legendaries, which have a 100% drop chance in the cases where it matters.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvash View Post
    For warlocks, the only options for the BiS PVE conduit at 226 ilvl are Ven'ari and PVP. You need rating for it.

The BiS PVP conduit comes from +15 dungeons at 213 and then Ven'ari only at 226.

I think the dailies are fine, but the conduit upgrade item should give you more of a choice like picking a potency conduit vs. finesse, or prioritising your active specialization.
    Are you certain m+ actually drops conduits above 210 ilvl? Because +15 only drops 210 gear. It seems strange to me that it would then drop 213 conduits.

I frankly don't think you can get potency conduits higher than ilvl 200 anywhere but the pvp vendor, and that one requires 1600 rating for 213, 2100 rating for 226 iirc.

The only exception being Venari obviously, but even assuming you get every defensive and utility conduit to 213 or 226 from the raid, it'd still be quite the effort to get the remaining potency conduits to 226.

It's usually not much of an issue in the first place anyway since conduits start at a high potency and scale fairly linearly, but then you have a couple of potency conduits that start low but scale stupendously with every rank.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Do they affect your DPS that much? Usually the base version is already the biggest upgrade. The big effect is usually attributed more towards legendaries, which have a 100% drop chance in the cases where it matters.
    while the percentages seem small (such as the barbed shot one for bm hunter only increasing at 0.5% per rank), it will scale incredibly high with gear.

https://bloodmallet.com/chart/hunter...stingpatchwerk

using this beast mastery sim to work off of, you can see enfeebled mark has the biggest jump between some ranks. i'll use the 3rd and fourth ranks as simple comparisons, so 2.29% and 2.57%. the average dps, at least from what i've seen in my raid group, is about 4k dps. i know this dps is post conduit but i'm just going to use 4k as the base anyways as that will eventually become the base without conduits. a 2.29% increase to 4k is 4091.6. a 2.59% increase would lead to 4103.6. while i get that it only seems like a 12 point dps gain, this leads back to the point of percentages scaling higher and higher with gear. if the power inflation continues like it did in bfa, we could EASILY break 10k dps by 9.2. and you have to consider there will be more ranks added to conduits with these patches which makes the percentages even higher.

to summarize it, if you get unlucky with conduit drops, you could reasonably be doing 5-10% less damage. the highest percentage bump i've seen on the sims is just under 1% with that belonging to arcane but 1% is huge when you start factoring in increasing scales. the issue isn't the now, it's the future. something blizz never seems to consider.

while the percentages seem small (such as the barbed shot one for bm hunter only increasing at 0.5% per rank), it will scale incredibly high with gear.

https://bloodmallet.com/chart/hunter...stingpatchwerk

using this beast mastery sim to work off of, you can see enfeebled mark has the biggest jump between some ranks. i'll use the 3rd and fourth ranks as simple comparisons, so 2.29% and 2.57%. the average dps, at least from what i've seen in my raid group, is about 4k dps. i know this dps is post conduit but i'm just going to use 4k as the base anyways as that will eventually become the base without conduits. a 2.29% increase to 4k is 4091.6. a 2.59% increase would lead to 4103.6. while i get that it only seems like a 12 point dps gain, this leads back to the point of percentages scaling higher and higher with gear. if the power inflation continues like it did in bfa, we could EASILY break 10k dps by 9.2. and you have to consider there will be more ranks added to conduits with these patches which makes the percentages even higher.

to summarize it, if you get unlucky with conduit drops, you could reasonably be doing 5-10% less damage. the highest percentage bump i've seen on the sims is just under 1% with that belonging to arcane but 1% is huge when you start factoring in increasing scales. the issue isn't the now, it's the future. something blizz never seems to consider.
    But the next patch of gear will also drop the next patch of conduits. Either way I'm not convinced there are conduits that would scale so well that e.g. going from 213 to 226 would result in a 5% dps difference even with 60 more ilvl of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    But the next patch of gear will also drop the next patch of conduits. Either way I'm not convinced there are conduits that would scale so well that e.g. going from 213 to 226 would result in a 5% dps difference even with 60 more ilvl of gear.
    the thing you are forgetting is that percentages scale exponentially when given an outside factor. so as we get more gear and more conduit levels, the more each conduit will scale with that gear. so no, not currently will you get about a 5% difference, but that gap will exponentially widen as ilvl and player power increases. this system is only designed for launch and will cause issues in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Conduits that are based on a CD become pretty strong as you go up conduits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    If youre hours in the maw then i got bad news for ya.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    What's even better is that classes have different amounts of conduits, and yet they all cost 1900.

Demon Hunter has 15 conduits, to upgrade them all once it'd cost 28500 stygia.
    Mage has 20 conduits, to upgrade them all once it'd cost 38000 stygia.
    Druid has 24 conduits, to upgrade them all once it'd cost 45600 stygia.
    Speciation Is Gradual

the thing you are forgetting is that percentages scale exponentially when given an outside factor. so as we get more gear and more conduit levels, the more each conduit will scale with that gear. so no, not currently will you get about a 5% difference, but that gap will exponentially widen as ilvl and player power increases. this system is only designed for launch and will cause issues in the future.
    Not necessarily true. If you have a trait that increases your ability X by 30% and then 35%, provided your ability X still does the same % of overall damage, that increase does not scale exponentially. Yeah the absolute value will be higher, but not %-wise.

The only thing worse than hyperbole is factually incorrect hyperbole.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.