Origins of Venthyr, Night Fae, Kyrian and Maldraxxi

So, I get the idea of the origins of the maldraxxi. A mortal soul was sent to Maldraxxus (before the drought of course) and the flesh crafter made a abomination construct body for them, so they can fight the shit out of each other and threats.

But what about venthyr, night fae, slvar, vorkai and so on? Were they once mortal souls that took the shape of one of these or were they once "made" by higher beings like the ember court (Renathal, The Accuser...) or eternals (Denathrius, Winter Queen...).

To make it clear: I know that mortal souls can take the shape of animals in ardenweald or become kyrian or venthyr in bastion or revendreth.
    So my question is:

Are some of them (ventyr, night fae, vorkai, sylvar) just crafted out of anima to get shit done in each realm/covenant like dredgers or provost or do all originate from mortal souls?

I can tell you the first of the Venthyr were created out of pure Anima and were not mortal souls.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdrakar View Post
    So, I get the idea of the origins of the maldraxxi. A mortal soul was sent to Maldraxxus (before the drought of course) and the flesh crafter made a abomination construct body for them, so they can fight the shit out of each other and threats.

But what about venthyr, night fae, slvar, vorkai and so on? Were they once mortal souls that took the shape of one of these or were they once "made" by higher beings like the ember court (Renathal, The Accuser...) or eternals (Denathrius, Winter Queen...).

To make it clear: I know that mortal souls can take the shape of animals in ardenweald or become kyrian or venthyr in bastion or revendreth.
    So my question is:

Are some of them (ventyr, night fae, vorkai, sylvar) just crafted out of anima to get shit done in each realm/covenant like dredgers or provost or do all originate from mortal souls?
    For the night fae, yes
    It’s mentioned in afew quests that everything but the mortal souls(the blue animals) were created there from anima.

Venthyr are both. The first among them like Renathal were created by Denathrius in his image, but all the subsequent ones are former mortal souls.

Night Fae seem to be natives only. Tirnenn grow with the forest, faeries pop out of the ground, the rest are regular mammals who reproduce the same way as mammals in the mortal world.

The intent behind those species that were created was for them to manage their respective realms of course.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2021-01-31 at 08:05 PM.

It's actually outright stated that certain Venthyr were created by Denathrius from Anima. The known ones are Renathal, the Curator and the Stonewright. The Countess pretends to be one, but isn't. The Accuser is also a past mortal, as anybody who joined a Covenant should know.

The Night Fae are all created by the Winter Queen as far as we know. She was actually somewhat surprised when the first mortal soul showed up in Ardenweald.

Maldraxxus seems to be the only place that is near exclusively populated by ex-mortals.

So my question is:

First several Venthyr were made by Sire Denathrius. they are not mortal souls. Renathal. Accurser and maybe several others too

Dredgers are made from mud as u mentioned. also native to shadowlands are Stewards and Marazmus the Mushroom. marazmus also mentions that he and winter queen were first creatures in ardenweald and when first soul appeared queen was confused.

Kyrestia's death quote hints that zones were created by those who rule them. bastion by kyrestia, revendreth by sire,etc. and death of ruler kind of can destroy that zone (it was just quote after death in dungeon,so not sure)

I think Sylvans could be mortal souls too but faes might be creaturez of ardenweald.

gorm cand devourers come from some sort of i -between of SL zones. and Brokers seem to have their own zone. also I dont think brokers are former mortals who were judged by Arbiter. they seem to have their own motiv3s and maybe somehow are either creatures of shadowlands or former mortals who entered shadowlands. something cross between what Drust did and how Etherials lost flesh and remain energized spirits

5+ Year Old Account
    Maldraxxus was created by the First Ones to defend the Shadowlands. They maybe the oldest of the 4 groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    Kyrestia's death quote hints that zones were created by those who rule them. bastion by kyrestia, revendreth by sire,etc. and death of ruler kind of can destroy that zone (it was just quote after death in dungeon,so not sure)
    I haven't done the Kyrian Covenant quests yet, but does Kyrestia actually die (hence the term "death quote" above)?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I haven't done the Kyrian Covenant quests yet, but does Kyrestia actually die (hence the term "death quote" above)?
    No, she doesn't.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=320197/...e%20animation.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Ah, I was aware she could die in that instance, but I wasn't aware she had a death quote or anything (I'd never actually seen her die). Interesting.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

It isn't just that that implies it, the fact that we don't kill Denathrius does also. But then if the Runecarver is the Primus why doesn't the Jailer just kill him now? If Maldraxxus gets erased unless all four were needed to imprison him but only the heart of the forest is the actual lock or what ever.

First several Venthyr were made by Sire Denathrius. they are not mortal souls. Renathal. Accurser and maybe several others too
    The Accuser is not one of the "original" Venthyr. Those don't have Sinstones. Known ones at the time are Renathal, the Curator and the Stonewright.

I think Sylvans could be mortal souls too but faes might be creaturez of ardenweald.
    They're not. All mortal souls run around as spirit animals.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    It isn't just that that implies it, the fact that we don't kill Denathrius does also. But then if the Runecarver is the Primus why doesn't the Jailer just kill him now? If Maldraxxus gets erased unless all four were needed to imprison him but only the heart of the forest is the actual lock or what ever.
    I don’t think Primus is the rune carver.

I think the Primus is just turned into stone possibly by Denathrius. And the Necrolords need to re collect all his gear in order to break him free.

Why would he? I suppose most of the powerful Mawsworn weaponry was crafted by the Runecarver. But well, since Blizzard isn't really good at timelines during one patch, the situation between the Jailer using him and us half-freeing him is in the limbo for now.

Also, the current Margraves are allied to him, granting him more of an army.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I don’t think Primus is the rune carver.

I think the Primus is just turned into stone possibly by Denathrius. And the Necrolords need to re collect all his gear in order to break him free.
    I was thinking that since the scourge are supposed to be inspired by Maldraxxus that if the Primus isn't the Runecarver then the gear is like lich phylacteries and he purposely disappeared to test his people.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    Why would he? I suppose most of the powerful Mawsworn weaponry was crafted by the Runecarver. But well, since Blizzard isn't really good at timelines during one patch, the situation between the Jailer using him and us half-freeing him is in the limbo for now.

If his entire covenant is wiped out thats a ton of people the Jailer doesn't have to face plus if the heart isn't the only actual lock it would/should weaken whats keeping him there. Unless the runecarver has a cool down on making op weapons then there is no point in keeping him alive anymore. The Mawsworn are already crafting thier own weapons and shit in the maw.

If his entire covenant is wiped out thats a ton of people the Jailer doesn't have to face plus if the heart isn't the only actual lock it would/should weaken whats keeping him there. Unless the runecarver has a cool down on making op weapons then there is no point in keeping him alive anymore. The Mawsworn are already crafting thier own weapons and shit in the maw.
    Maybe each zone stores an object that is vital to Shadowlands. Supposedly the Heart of the Grove is the very heart of the Shadowlands. When it comes to Maldraxxus, there's a warning from the Primus which goes something like "Don't let the Jailer reach the Sepulcher". And interestingly, there's an area in Maldraxxus called Sepulcher of Knowledge. Maybe it serves as the brain or the memories of the Shadowlands, similar to the Heart being the vital "organ" allowing Shadowlands to "live".

Anyway, the Jailer seems to be liking keeping his prisoners alive. He didn't kill Baine, Jaina or Thrall too.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post

Meh, given that he hasn't done anything about us partially freeing and returning memories to him, it's likely the Jailer hasn't visited the Oubliette in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    no, she doesnot.
    this dialogue was added in-game, in case team wipes at boss

- - - Updated - - -

Blizz writing ofc

no, she doesnot.
    this dialogue was added in-game, in case team wipes at boss
    Even that isn't enough. You have to go out of your way to actually have her die by getting her in combat with some other NPCs.