Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wait...is it still the freakin meta? I haven't played with one since they nerfed it a while back...should I be considering bringing an old one with boomerang out of retirement? I can only imagine how hilarious it'll be with Braced on my chest, or swap over to HH or something more damage oriented.
    It's "meta". But mostly because a full red build is as string as ever, doesn't have any downside, and rifles are the sweet spot between defense, distance, burst damage and so on.

I have my Ravenous build with Braced because the huge amount of handling it gives actually breaks the weapon. Short explanation: the Ravenous has two barrels and shoots two ammo per trigger press - you have to change shoulder periodically to trigger the different debuffs. Point is, the crosshair has actually 2 dots, one per barrel, and stacks go up one per actual hit.

Braced is fun: with so much handling the two dots overlap. Meaning you're shooting like a regular rifle and get double stacks EVERY SINGLE HIT. Meaning you can swap shoulder twice as fast and proc way more explosions (which i've seen to hit for like 6.5 up to 9 millions).

Best build ever lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So for the first time ever i had an Exotic weapon drop, its some sci-fi looking assault rifle with a video screen and holographic honeycomb stuff around it that i got from one of the manhunt sub bosses before Faye. Are these a fixed thing from those encounters or just random coincidence?
    Chameleon AR. It's pretty strong, because it has an insane RoF. If you're able to juggle the body shots/headshots buffs, it's hella strong. I don't liek the playstyle though, it's more like using an SMG than an AR.

As for exotics drops: most of them have a specific drop location or they need to be crafted. Once "unlocked" (dropped for the first time or crafted), they can drop from any location that can award exotics.

EDIT: i got also the Scorpio build done, it's insanely fun. Dangerous as hell but fun.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Just be aware that some playstyles require builds that necessitate a LOT more farming than others.

The Classic M1A rifle build is still technically the META, although speedrunners have been using groups of people all equipped with the new exotic shotgun "Scorpio".

And as to specialization: There's an argument to be made for Gunner over Sharpshooter, depending on what you're good at. If you can regularly land headshots, then by all means, go with Sharpshooter!

But looking at Gunner if you're more of a "center of mass" player: You'll get weapon handling when standing still for longer than a second, and increased rate of fire and armor on kills. Also, with a Classic M1A fire rate, you'll literally never run out of ammo. Ever.

Which, btw, if you're not super familiar with all the details of attributes: For every 1% weapon handling you have, you get 1% Accuracy, Stability, Reload Speed, and Weapon Swap. So 10% weapon handling would be:

10% Accuracy
    10% Stability
    10% Reload Speed
    10% Weapon Swap speed
    That's very interesting, I will check it out. There are so many good options to choose from. It seems like Gunner sig is also "less of a risk" solution in my case.
    Last edited by neik; 2021-02-09 at 04:42 PM.

Apparently the Faye manhunt mission is...incredibly underwhelming. I still need to finish up the third target before moving onto the fourth, but poking around it seems like we shouldn't expect much in the way of narrative with this. Not even a cutscene, apparently.

And per the Ubi earnings call, apparently Massive is still going to work on Division 2 while they work on Avatar/Star Wars and will support it with content through 2022 at least. Whether this is just more rotated copy/paste manhunts or some actual content, nobody knows.

Apparently the Faye manhunt mission is...incredibly underwhelming. I still need to finish up the third target before moving onto the fourth, but poking around it seems like we shouldn't expect much in the way of narrative with this. Not even a cutscene, apparently.

And per the Ubi earnings call, apparently Massive is still going to work on Division 2 while they work on Avatar/Star Wars and will support it with content through 2022 at least. Whether this is just more rotated copy/paste manhunts or some actual content, nobody knows.
    Yeah...that's me more or less done with the game. Not dealing with this crap anymore. Time for a break, and I don't know if even a full expansion or Division 3 will be enough to bring me back if it's done by massive.

I can't believe they'd take all that potential and just wipe their ass with it and throw it on the ground like that. If this is what we can expect out of the Star Wars game, it's going to flop.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2021-02-09 at 10:22 PM.

I haven't gotten to that mission yet, just how bad is it????

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I haven't gotten to that mission yet, just how bad is it????
    It's not bad. It's just...meh. Faye has been a part of the Division story from LITERALLY the first mission. And they just ditch her like she's a regular no-name rogue. No cutscene. No big reveal. Just... "what do we do now? Come back to base."

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    It's not bad. It's just...meh. Faye has been a part of the Division story from LITERALLY the first mission. And they just ditch her like she's a regular no-name rogue. No cutscene. No big reveal. Just... "what do we do now? Come back to base."
    Apparently you don't hear confirmation from ISAC that she's dead. At least that's what I've read in the forums so...maybe she's not [I]actually[/I] dead.

Gonna try to get through it this week now that the repair seems to have hopefully fixed the issue (thanks to who suggested it!). At the very least I need to dump in some serious time to complete the apparel event...I'm like, 3 pieces in so far >.<

Apparently you don't hear confirmation from ISAC that she's dead. At least that's what I've read in the forums so...maybe she's not [I]actually[/I] dead.

Gonna try to get through it this week now that the repair seems to have hopefully fixed the issue (thanks to who suggested it!). At the very least I need to dump in some serious time to complete the apparel event...I'm like, 3 pieces in so far >.<
    Yeah, I trust that about as far as I can throw my car bare-handed.

What in the entire history of the division 2's treatment by Massive would lead people to have any hope about a good resolution of this story? As someone on the official forums said: "We have to remember that these are the same people who thought ducks were a good feature to show off at Ubisoft Forward instead of actual content."

Some are "quests" that require you to collect parts from specific activities, others are just random drops. I don't think any non-raid bosses drop "specific" exotics, but I do think they have a higher drop rate for whatever open loot pool exotics exist.

What kind of weapon/what name? I'm not even sure what that would be >.>
    The Chameleon. Basically an assault rifle with smg rate of fire. Absolutely melts stuff at mid range and combined with a disgustingly high damage and stability marksman rifle it made soloing the dungeon equivalents very, very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    The Chameleon. Basically an assault rifle with smg rate of fire. Absolutely melts stuff at mid range and combined with a disgustingly high damage and stability marksman rifle it made soloing the dungeon equivalents very, very fast.
    Yeah, it can be good if you keep all 3 buffs rolling but...I'm still not a fan. Range is too short, and it doesn't benefit enough from Braced and high stability to counteract the huge bullet patterns, at least for my tastes.

What difficulty are you playing on right now?

on manhunt.. hmm... I see.

on other things... I'm crashing every 2 minutes... its... fun >_< here is to hoping file verification helps

kinda loving apparel event though, just finished Jill Valentine outfit and happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    on manhunt.. hmm... I see.

on other things... I'm crashing every 2 minutes... its... fun >_< here is to hoping file verification helps

kinda loving apparel event though, just finished Jill Valentine outfit and happy!
    I'm hopeful that fixes it. But it still seems random. Crashed after the update, no crash over the weekend on Saturday, crash again on Sunday. No crash last night after repairing though, hoping it keep sup through tonight.

And I just need the Jill Sandwich backpack trinket. I'm so happy they added that.

I'm hopeful that fixes it. But it still seems random. Crashed after the update, no crash over the weekend on Saturday, crash again on Sunday. No crash last night after repairing though, hoping it keep sup through tonight.

And I just need the Jill Sandwich backpack trinket. I'm so happy they added that.
    I kinda unironically love that trinket :P good news is - its less then a week's worth of daily projects to finish out all the apparel pieces from that collection. the cache pieces take a bit longer though.

I miss only 6 keys for the apparel event - that's basically what i do now, since all the other events are not really interesting to me. I can pass over backpack trophies easily.

I'm trying also to finish the manhunt and level 100 season so i'll be done with everything i wanted to do. I'm still missing the Eagle Bearer from first raid and a couple more exotics you can only find through quests (like the revolver that applies bleed aoe on headshots or whatever it is).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Eh, memento is overall just strong and basically covers any need. Not all build need/want it (example, a pure drone/turret tech can do better without it) but especially in solo it's really good. Also all my builds are somewhat hybrid ones and getting that additional damage on everything/more core stats is always useful.

Side note: damn if it's hard to get PfE mods and craft improvised gear lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Drone/Turret is hands down the safest and easiest build to use especially in solo. Mostly because enemies will target your skills and they'll peel off a lot of pressure. You totally want to go in the Summit and do 5 challenges to unlock the Capacitor, because it's literally 60% skill damage just because you shoot at people. You can go more hybrid with Memento or unlock Waveform through season levels for more "pure tech" playstyle.

Sniper you totally want a Nemesis or Mantis, or White Death. It'll revolve all around the Headhunter chest talent which will basically make you a oneshot machine. Personally, i'm bad at aiming so i cannot enjoy it that much, but i always wanted to play it more and get better at it.
    So thanks for that! I picked up capacitor it seems very lovely weapon with tech build, I just need to get used to it's instability But it is very noticeable, even coming down from lightweight m4 with "In Sync" and lovely high rolls. Now just on to grinding Empress and Wired, and seasonal holster indeed.

https://kotaku.com/the-division-2-wi...ngl-1846260823

Good news, the game isn't getting abandoned!

Bad news, it's looking like another year with a single content update. Hopefully it won't be as underwhelming as Summit.

I guess I'll leave this installed at least, I don't even think I'll bother finishing the Faye manhunt at this point, much less the apparel event : /

/reads. hang on. HANG THE FUCK ON. they set up this "that is the real leader of black Tusk" deal with her being a sister of one of Faye's rogue agents among other things, and then just... do not plan on resolving it? at least they changed their minds, but at the same time... i was THIS close to buying a season pass because dyes looked pretty cool to me... but I think... I'm going to refrain after all. I'm still going to finish the manhunt and apparel event, mostly cause i'm almost done anyways, and at least its free.

I'm glad that they are going to continue content, even though it will probably more cookie cutter seasons. I'm not a fan of how they were going to leave us with TU16 being the last update.

Given how naturally human drama unfolds and how familiar we are with it, they could potentially never run out of good lore in this game. They just need a dedicated team to continue taking good care of this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    My legit guess tho for adding two more years into Division 2 is because they're occupied with Star Wars and Avatar, and want to start working on Division 3 as well - and they don't want the Division games to fade away from public.

They can't just shut off Division 2 or simply stop making content and expect people to hang in there for another 2-3 years. So now they'll just funnel in more manhunts or events to keep the thing floating while they setup a team to get Div3 done.

At least that's what I think of all this. Massive got Avatar and moved over a lot of their staff, and then they picked up Star Wars as well requiring even more shuffling around so Div3 development probably got in a bit of a rough spot. By extending beyond what seems to have been a intended final patch (TU12) they can retain the playerbase so that they can move over them over into Div3 once it's done - or at least keep them on a leash till it's done.