Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    The world's best Starcraft 2 players found it graphically punishing to play on max settings actually and turned it down so they could see animations clearer Protoss Nexus destruction was the biggest offender.
    I played SC2 for a bit and got used to its graphics, then got nostalgic for the old days and installed SC1 again. At first I was horribly shocked how ugly it was, being able to practically count the pixels on my units. Then I went back to SC2 for a bit and couldn't even play it because all the shiny literally made my eyes water.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Playing on a Toaster has consequences. Those things you mention are NOT invisible. When YOU make the cognizant choice to set your graphics a certain way it on you.
    I feel like a warning should be in place then.

"Oh user, if you lower your settings below this point some mechanics will be invisible to you"
    BEWARE! (dbm voice)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
    but surely mechanics that kill you in one hit should have _some_ animation, regardless of your graphics settings.
    Absolutely, it doesn't even have to be the same animation it can just be a legit potato circle like the AVR addon used lol

Oh a potato circle is here, better move out of it, gonna be bad.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Seriously. I'm pretty sure any video card made in the last 10 years can run this game at Low settings with projected textures on. One that doesn't have even that must be facing an incredibly unpleasant gameplay experience.
    you really need ram more than anything for wow

all settings on base, projected textures on and spell effects to mediumish works with any setup and vastly improves their qol

Quote Originally Posted by yuze View Post
    Hey guys could someone PLEASE help me and even test for yourself! All graphics must be on the lowest possible setting.

So far I have encountered two things which is very disruptive to running a dungeon on-time.

First in HoA, You CANNOT see "Sin Quake" from the Halkas - I was wondering why I was getting one-shot and there is literally no indicator; I only discovered this by watching a streamer and realised holy shit theres a massive easy to see swirl on the floor.

Secondly in DoS, the oil that splurts out of those pipes doesn't show! So I thought fine I can cross.... NOPE got pushed off by invisible oil and I felt so fucking bad the team had to wait for me. Door of Shadows saved my ass but it shouldn't have to be like this.

Please please please if someone knows how to report to Blizzard, please do, I don't think they test on low graphics. THANK YOU FOR READING!
    I loathe that type of mentality from you americans. NO ONE IS F ING PUNISHING YOU. You are the only responsible person for your computer graphics. If you are playing on a toaster, get a better pc.

get out of that victim mentality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    I loathe that type of mentality from you americans. NO ONE IS F ING PUNISHING YOU. You are the only responsible person for your computer graphics. If you are playing on a toaster, get a better pc.

The only poor mentality here is this one.

It was like this all through BfA for that one lightning circle move in temple of sethrallis. I wouldn't hold my breath for a fix tbh

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is an issue of the OPs own making. If your system wont allow you to have settings turned on that will let you see such things, then don't do dungeons or raids. You don't have to do them so it isn't game breaking. Get a better graphics card for your computer that can handle projected textures and has more graphics memory.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

People have to buy new consoles every few years.

Same is for PCs, the benefit of PCs is that generally you don't have to replace the whole thing, just outdated parts, so its CHEAPER in the long run compared to consoles if you do it right.

The only thing console people bitch about is backwards compatibility, not that the newest hip game to come out can't run effectively on their commodore 64.

Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post

He's saying all graphics must be on the lowest possible setting WHEN YOU TEST WHAT HE'S SAYING. He's not saying his graphics have to be on the lowest. Learn to f'ing read.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yuze View Post
    Hey guys could someone PLEASE help me and even test for yourself! All graphics must be on the lowest possible setting.

So far I have encountered two things which is very disruptive to running a dungeon on-time.

First in HoA, You CANNOT see "Sin Quake" from the Halkas - I was wondering why I was getting one-shot and there is literally no indicator; I only discovered this by watching a streamer and realised holy shit theres a massive easy to see swirl on the floor.

Secondly in DoS, the oil that splurts out of those pipes doesn't show! So I thought fine I can cross.... NOPE got pushed off by invisible oil and I felt so fucking bad the team had to wait for me. Door of Shadows saved my ass but it shouldn't have to be like this.

Please please please if someone knows how to report to Blizzard, please do, I don't think they test on low graphics. THANK YOU FOR READING!
    As a couple other people have suggested, I would report it as a bug in game and then also start a thread in the appropriate official forum.

-cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    This is an issue of the OPs own making. If your system wont allow you to have settings turned on that will let you see such things, then don't do dungeons or raids. You don't have to do them so it isn't game breaking. Get a better graphics card for your computer that can handle projected textures and has more graphics memory.
    Learn to read.

I want to add since I think this point is being lost: the actual animations for these abilities are not particularly graphics intensive. In fact, they are identical to other animations which are rendered perfectly clearly on the lowest settings. There is nothing about these animations that makes them unable to be visible on these settings, they just arbitrarily are not visible. Nobody is asking for Blizzard to change the existing animations or make new ones, just for some flag that must exist to be flipped to true so that they actually show up.
    Call me Cassandra

Blizz could just make it a red 2d circle for such AOE, very basic and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjan View Post
    This is not punishment, this is a effect of a cause, your hardware. You elected to play a game that has certain requirements for minimum performance. If that's all you can afford, that's all you get to play.

Punishment would be actively treating you unfairly. Blizzard isn't designing their game to cater to the lowest common denominator (graphically) or in a more direct way: This is not blizzards problem, at all.

In this scenario, you're punishing yourself. Instead of bothering Blizzard, visit: https://pcpartpicker.com/ - And start solving your own problems =)
    No, that's stupid. Gameplay critical elements should not be possible to be turned off.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Would you prefer that they force projected textures and medium particles? Instead of allowing you to slide them?

Cause that's what you're asking for.
    They definitely need to force Projected Textures on any dungeon or raid, at a dead minimum.

I mean, it really isn't a measurable performance hit if you even hit minimum specs. That it's still optional despite so many game mechanics hard relying on it, and it not actually impacting performance is insane. This isn't 2004, where it might actually have had an impact, and wasn't relied on as heavily for gameplay (esp. as gameplay was also a lot slower-paced).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Seriously. I'm pretty sure any video card made in the last 10 years can run this game at Low settings with projected textures on. One that doesn't have even that must be facing an incredibly unpleasant gameplay experience.
    Anything that meets the minimum specs can also have Projected Textures on. They need to force it on.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Would you prefer that they force projected textures and medium particles? Instead of allowing you to slide them?

Cause that's what you're asking for.
    If those are needed to play the game, then YES, that's exactly what the game needs.

You should not be able to switch off important effects, no matter how it makes the game run.

It would be like turning off shadows in Thief, or reflections in The Witness.

so, anyone asked the OP for his computer configuration then? i mean this is a forum and if people would like to help this may be a good starting point, no?

I mean easy fix for this is just disable sliders and raise "minimum" requirements.
    Also we do we have information for the system?
    Some people have beat up HDDs from 2013 and that prevents items from loading up quite often because I have not seen that problem in DoS for anyone before. Puddles on the ground - yes, GTFO helps and also not standing on the tank helps in HoA, because puddles are not lethal if u die in them, it's on you for not seeing debuffs.

I'm very much on the side that if you can't see essential mechanics on minimum, then the minimum settings are too low. Lower graphical fidelity should limit how the game looks, not limit your ability to do what the game requires of you. Either have a non-projected version of that mechanic's visual cue or require projected textures for minimum settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think OP should actually check and see if his PC meets the minimum requirements for Shadowlands. All you need is projected textures. If OP is sacrificing projected textures (Which had been in the game as a setting since at least 3.1, which was 12 years ago) to get stable enough performance, i imagine he does not actually meet shadowlands minimum requirements. 12 years ago i could imagine some PCs might of a struggled, but again project textures where not as much of an issues as particle density and shadow rendering.

If OP has to play with Projected Textures turned off, get GTFO and turn your audio up, you will know when you are in bad. Lots of people don't rely on seeing the texture to move, hell just tune into Darkee's stream sometime and listen for the ClownHorn audible.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.