Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    What he listed literally is the content of the game, and if anyone claims they have done all the content but has not finished those than yes theh have not done the content.

No, they're difficulty levels. Learn the difference. That 'you havent done every possible thing on the highest difficulty' is a lazy, stupid argument. No one should take it seriously.

Kinda hoping for the new raid to be in 9.1 and it to be out in early May.

Blizz has a tendency to cut the first raid tier short at 4 months and I think that’s a bad idea, especially given that CN is 10 bosses and fairly hard.

4 month tier would be way to short to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    They just can't be serious with this. When is 9.1 supposed to come out? Next winter? There's already no content anymore. If 9.1 is not absolutely massive, then I have no idea how they are planning on keeping people playing.
    Exactly, content barren expansion continues to be content barren. Why do you think the biggest feature of 9.0.5 is "You can now refarm the same content to get all the same gear again but this time it will be upgradeable" while your current shit won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    No, they're difficulty levels. Learn the difference. That 'you havent done every possible thing on the highest difficulty' is a lazy, stupid argument. No one should take it seriously.
    The highest difficulty, sure. But likewise, if you're only clearing LFR and then complaining there's nothing to do I'd also say it's silly to claim that the "content is done". The game is designed intentionally to go back in and step it up to normal and heroic. Mythic might be a stretch sure, but clearing Heroic isn't that far of a goal.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2021-02-13 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They just can't be serious with this. When is 9.1 supposed to come out? Next winter? There's already no content anymore. If 9.1 is not absolutely massive, then I have no idea how they are planning on keeping people playing.
    Got a feeling that 9.1 will be announced at BlizzConline.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, they are probably really behind due to covid. Probably 3 or 4 months behind schedule.

I think they are letting us eat the delay in the beginning.

March 9th- 9.0.5
    May 11th- 9.1
    July 20th- 9.1.5
    October 23rd- 9.2.
    January18th- 9.2.5
    March 22nd- 9.3
    June 21st- 9.3.5
    December 6th- 10.0
    January 10th raid opens. A longer wait than normal but necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Got a feeling that 9.1 will be announced at BlizzConline.
    Yeah, I think we will find out about 9.1 and 9.1.5 and get a small tease of 9.2. Last 5 minutes of the presentation will be Surprise TBC beta is coming March.

Mate, you just got bored and it's ok. I suggest that you find either some other game (I suggest something for single player) or some other activity (maybe you'd try 3D modeling lessons? there are tons of free good content about it). Then after your brain has enough rest and break from Wow and patch 9.1 will get released you'll come back and enjoy it again. Play until you find it fun, when you don't just quit it. Otherwise fun turns into a chore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The highest difficulty, sure. But likewise, if you're only clearing LFR and then complaining there's nothing to do I'd also say it's silly to claim that the "content is done". The game is designed intentionally to go back in and step it up to normal and heroic. Mythic might be a stretch sure, but clearing Heroic isn't that far of a goal.
    If LFR is hes chosen skill level and he completes that raid on that skill level - hes entitlied to say the raid is complete. I agree it is a flaw in the game design and gives Blizzard a problem they cant solve but there are plenty of people who like it and defend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The secret to "there is nothing to do" is not "go clear heroic", "go clear mythic", "go get 1800 rating", "go get 2100 rating"

The secret to "there is nothing to do" is for people to find something they find fun to do. (which is different for every player)
    In my case is a mix of social stuff and roleplay and pvp.

Sometimes it can even be something stupid (for others) but it might be amazing for you.

My 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Honestly, they are probably really behind due to covid. Probably 3 or 4 months behind schedule.
    They are not 3 or 4 months behind schedule. 9.0.5 is only a systems patch which means they have been working on 9.1 since launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah, I think we will find out about 9.1 and 9.1.5 and get a small tease of 9.2. Last 5 minutes of the presentation will be Surprise TBC beta is coming March.
    Yeah. Expecting 9.1, TBC Classic Beta indeed at BlizzConline.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    What he listed literally is the content of the game, and if anyone claims they have done all the content but has not finished those than yes theh have not done the content.

Lfr is not conteny
    Pet battles is not content
    Transmog is not content
    Playimg the AH is not content

Those are game systems that are background noise that have zero to do with game content.
    you are wrong on literally all accounts. those are all valid sources of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    They are not 3 or 4 months behind schedule. 9.0.5 is only a systems patch which means they have been working on 9.1 since launch.
    No, they had to spend time delying SL. Without Covid, we would be in 9.1 now.

I think they delayed SL as much as they could, but they really didn't do that much in the month they had. They were probably pretty behind on 9.1. Pretty sure the first patch usually gets worked on around the time beta starts which is 3-5 months before launch.

Even with the delay they are forsure behind due to the holidays. Maybe only a month or two. In other expansion we would be getting 9.1 around the time 9.0.5 releases.

Even if they start the ptr the day it releases they need at least 6 weeks of testing. We are probably about 3 months out from 9.1. Most people expected it in late March or mid April. It could be a huge patch idk. If you asked me 4 months ago I would have guessed late Feb for 9.1.

- - - Updated - - -

Perfect content pacing would have put 9.1 in late March. 9.2 in late august or early september.

We are probably looking at May for 9.1 and October or November for 9.2.

The .2 patch came out 8 months after Legion launched. Ideally the .2 patch should allow the first tier and the second tier about 9 months together.

December-May is 5 months and assuming a 5 month 9.1 raid thats 10 or more. So they are probably only about a month behind schedule. Due to covid or the holidays idk. So upon further review I overestimated how far behind they were.

As long as 9.1 launches in May and 9.2 launches by October we should be fine.

The real issue is how long the basic non raid content of 9.0 is lasting. 9.1 has to add significantly more outdoor content or else nearly a year of just basic world quests from launch is going to be bad. They are still on track to provide enough raid content.

Hopefully, 9.1 has another zone or adds significant amounts of non raid content to the game. We will know in a week.

Lfr is not conteny
    Transmog is not content

Those are game systems that are background noise that have zero to do with game content.
    So by their standard if someone has run heroic and mythic Nathria but not LFR and normal they've not done all the content and can't talk..... yeah no.

Swear this site just looks for things to complain about.

You got CE, got all your +15s, got the gladiator mount, and did the 4 covenant campaigns?
    Impressive. Yeah, there is nothing to do in the game, crap.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    If LFR is hes chosen skill level and he completes that raid on that skill level - hes entitlied to say the raid is complete. I agree it is a flaw in the game design and gives Blizzard a problem they cant solve but there are plenty of people who like it and defend it.
    Again though, it's fine to pick that and settle for it.

But it's the same as picking a game to intentionally play only part of it, and then complain there isn't enough to do. It's fine to not want to push further, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist to be done. PvP doesn't stop existing as something to do just because it isn't something the person does. If they don't enjoy it, that's fine. It's fine to also say there's nothing for them to do anymore. But to say there's NOTHING in the game to do at all is false.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    The secret to "there is nothing to do" is not "go clear heroic", "go clear mythic", "go get 1800 rating", "go get 2100 rating"

The secret to "there is nothing to do" is for people to find something they find fun to do. (which is different for every player)
    In my case is a mix of social stuff and roleplay and pvp.

Sometimes it can even be something stupid (for others) but it might be amazing for you.

My 2 cents
    I mean, that's true but I also kinda consider that to be a given, I just didn't feel like typing all of that.

The game is also usually just more fun with friends in general.

if u really wanna be efficient then: wait until the last wow patch, pay 15 dollars once on Taiwanese servers to explore the whole game in a month without needing to buy the expansion and grind - do the whole thing on tourist mode and forget about the superficial parts of the game (mounts/xmogs are now meaningless anyway after amassing a mountain of them) and forget about the so called "challenge" that literally requires a fortune and giving up your life on if you're foolish enough to wanna do m+15 and m raids (unless you'e sponsored and paid to do it)...

Look forward to playing real games that don't try to abuse you and actually feel like they were made for you to have fun. Outriders is coming out soon (feb 25) and you can even play it for free until you decide you like it and buy it or leave it. Crimson Desert will come out right after and then New World will follow. No subs in any of these games and all three actually feel amazing moment to moment. After you've had enough with all 3 games, Blue Protocol, Elyon, Lost Ark and PSO2 NG will be out in the west in 2022 (besides OW2, Blade & Soul 2, POE2, D4 and many others).

Since you are unsubbed to wow, play BDO as a filler game to enjoy its art and next gen combat without taking it seriously, like myself, I have not paid a penny yet on it and it's been a year now. If you get tired of BDO, play other types of games like Cyberpunk...etc.

You don't even have to play in Taiwan actually, just wait until the last month before the next expansion releases, the current expansion gets added to base wow for free. But if you wanna play for longer, play in Taiwan and form an English speaking guild.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2021-02-14 at 04:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    7.1 came out about 2 months after legion's release date.

8.1 came out about 4 months after BfA's release date.

6 months isn't really the norm anymore for .1 patches
    7.1 was a "mini-patch" in Legion, as it contained a small, 3 boss raid (Trial of Valor), Return to Kara (The first "Mega Dungeon"), and some quests and shit. At the time, Blizzard was still going on about X.1 patches being minor content patches - 6.1 was !@#$ing selfie cam, and 5.1 was the world questing zone in Karasang Wilds or whatever. There was no ilvl increase involved with this patch.

Then in BfA Blizzard said that X.X.5 patches were minor patches, with every other patch being major, so 8.1 had a raid, the new season, new warfront, the start of the Heritage armor, ect.

Either way, we will know what 9.1 has in store in, what, 5 days? 6?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    Exactly, content barren expansion continues to be content barren. Why do you think the biggest feature of 9.0.5 is "You can now refarm the same content to get all the same gear again but this time it will be upgradeable" while your current shit won't be.
    Because 9.0.5 only has like 3 things in it that we know so far?
    i dont see how that is a point against it, its like saying

"the biggest feature of 9.1 is flying, that tells you how little shit is in it"
    No, its the ONLY feature we know is in 9.1

- - - Updated - - -

Lfr is not conteny
    Transmog is not content

Content is literally anything you can do/collect.

Pet battles are content
    the raid is content, no matter the difficulty
    earning transmog is content
    playing the AH? ok that is not really content, but who came up with that idea?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    legion patch 7.1 came 55 days after launch. patch 7.2 4 months later patch 8.1 in bfa came after 4 months
    do i need to go on, or will it be too surprising for you?
    Your math seems off cause
    Yes legion 7.1 came out only 55 days later, but the actual raid with it didnt come out till january. 125 days after 7.1... then followed by 7.2 2 months later. meaning 7.2 came 220 days after expac launch.

meaning the first "new raid teir" for legion didnt come out til 5 months after launch. with the third raid teir not coming out for another 6 months.

so no, what came 4 months after 7.1 was 7.1's raid.
    7.2 actually came out 6 months after 7.1
    and then the raid didnt come out till even later.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-02-14 at 05:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content