Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I also specifically mentioned that I have already played, both Classic and TBC extensively. What do you think did I do after MoP? Play WoD the mobile garrison manager? LOL
    So you’ve been hanging out on a forum for 7 years about a game you don’t play anymore?

And making comments about it?

Kinda creepy.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "While we have technical reasons for this"

LOL what a fucking lie. pathetic. I mean I expected it to be like this but I dont understand they need to tell the lie. We all know the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Darnit i have been defeated.
    but nah most of this is just "Blizzard trying to shit on players and boost MAU"
    Maybe you should make a video on how these valor upgrades are different from mops upgrades?
    im too busy working on addon vid and a microtransactions video to spend time talking about equality versus equity.

Gladly we won't miss you. You are just an eyesore to society. Step aside white knight defender.

"While we have technical reasons for this, we also want to avoid the feeling that you should go through months of item history and stuff your bags and your bank in preparation for this."
    Bruh dungeon loot needs to drop in the first place for this to be a problem.

Also, you fucks said the same thing with cleansed corruption gear, then "fixed" the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Dzonathan View Post
    Simple example.

Imagine a tank who is decked out in 210+ gear but has no luck when it comes to trinkets. He still carries around m0 level Hakkar scale because his luck sucks that hard. The Valor system is introduced and he gets his hopes up but then blizz drops the "new gear only" rule and poor tank is back to being bummed out.
    He already has the trinket and if he'd regrind the same trinket it wouldn't be different from the one he already has.

So why the arbitrary limitation? It's that simple.

That's not a problem. That's good decision making.
    Current iteration of VP upgrade rewards impulsive decisions.
    Retroactive gear upgrade rewards future planning and foresight.

Why should foresight be punished?
    Why should impulsiveness be rewarded?
    I’m just interjecting here to say those are legitimate questions at the end. I was vacillating between the two until your comment.

I need to do myself better online

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    I’m just interjecting here to say those are legitimate questions at the end. I was vacillating between the two until your comment.

I need to do myself better online
    Showing humility online and conceding point on these forums?! You are a rare breed man. God bless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I thought it was pretty clear but I'll say it again I guess: Stop pretending you're able to speak on behalf of a meaningful portion of the playerbase. You don't. For the record, I don't like the change personally but pretending that Blizzard is doing this specifically to negatively impact gear hoarders and "increase playtime metrics" is some 10,000 IQ QAnon conspiracy theory-level mental gymnastics.
    Whether blizz did it intentionally or not is irrelevant. The fact remains they do so anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wekko View Post
    Tiers are exactly the same unless you really want to convince me that raiding is all about "progression" and that is why people do old raids for gear still and not the latest raid with their catch up gear mechanic introduced that tier.

But hey, every guild clears every raid in the order since it's not a season, its progression, and no one just raids for current ilvl gear to compete in all end game levels of the game.../s

This isn't Vanilla anymore. Raids do not progress anymore. They are more seasonal than pvp even is, and you have no argument against that fact.
    You're really trying you're hardest to not read what I'm saying. 9.0.5 isn't a new fucking tier so your tier comment is irrelevant. But since you're unwilling to actually read what I'm saying, I'm done explaining it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzonathan View Post
    Whether blizz did it intentionally or not is irrelevant. The fact remains they do so anyway.
    So if they're not doing it intentionally would you prefer that they didn't do anything at all? Because that's honestly what I would've preferred. As I've said for the entirety of this thread -- this is a feature best suited for new content patches when the gameplay loop requires us to regrind gear anyway.

So if they're not doing it intentionally would you prefer that they didn't do anything at all? Because that's honestly what I would've preferred. As I've said for the entirety of this thread -- this is a feature best suited for new content patches when the gameplay loop requires us to regrind gear anyway.
    I'd prefer they'd lift the silly restriction that prohibits upgrading currently collected items.
    And if Blizz still wants to make it grindy then tweak the numbers like this:

Max cap: 1000 +500 each week
    Upgrade cost: 1k
    Final mythic+ boss drop: 100

Both camps happy. Determinism camp gets their tiny bit of determinism and RNG camp gets their schadenfreude.

Anyone know how fast you can upgrade your gear? Is it gonna make alt gearing a lot better, cause still only 2 items per m+ is kinda dog unless you get good currency for upgrade.
    If it's like 1 whole week of farming to upgrade your item to 213..

15+ Year Old Account
    We're not allowed to talk about conspiracy theories but the way people talk to each other in this thread is okay?

Mmo-champion logic

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was pretty clear but I'll say it again I guess: Stop pretending you're able to speak on behalf of a meaningful portion of the playerbase. You don't. For the record, I don't like the change personally but pretending that Blizzard is doing this specifically to negatively impact gear hoarders and "increase playtime metrics" is some 10,000 IQ QAnon conspiracy theory-level mental gymnastics.
    but every single fucking post you write is just you pretending to speak on behalf of the playerbase

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Seasons are such a terrible concept for a MMO. A sorry excuse to invalidate everything prior and make players grind everything again in shorter intervals. Older MMO (and WoW) wasn't as extreme as it is now. Everything is weekly, capped, seasonal. And why? To make you play as long as possible. I have easily 6 hours a day for gaming, but I don't wanna spend a single minute in WoW because of this crap anymore. Nothing feels to last even 2 months anymore. catch up here, resets there. Progression does not feel meaningful at all. Resets are happening way too fast. I miss expansions being the only actual reset like it was in Classic and BC. Sadly I have played that content too much.. :/
    so we need to spend the stygia now becaus its getting removed next season/teir or what? they kinda need to clarify this right now becaus if they dont and we loose it, its a hella lot of farm lost for nothing, and still stygia farm for conduits, is worse then any ap farm they have every introduced becaus u need hundreds of thousends of it and chances are u cant even farm it al by the end of the expansion, badly thought through system in its core

Quote Originally Posted by Virolykana View Post
    so we need to spend the stygia now becaus its getting removed next season/teir or what? they kinda need to clarify this right now becaus if they dont and we loose it, its a hella lot of farm lost for nothing, and still stygia farm for conduits, is worse then any ap farm they have every introduced becaus u need hundreds of thousends of it and chances are u cant even farm it al by the end of the expansion, badly thought through system in its core
    Really glad i didn't farm the Maw crap, tbh no one in my guild did and we're 2/10M. We're fairly causal guild tho.