Question Mission tables now give XP? (both BFA and Legion)

EDIT: RESOLVED -- THIS IS THE COVENANT TABLES add-on.

Is this a temporary thing, or blizz trying to push alts closer to the level cap?

I know I've had zero interest in playing alts in SL, as the game is so hollow and empty at the moment. I guess sometime in the 18 months i'll eventually try to get another alt or two to the cap to experience the different campaigns, but i'm in no rush.

With the exception of a handful of garrison missions I don't recall XP being given for the mobile game insert before.
    Last edited by probert; 2021-02-15 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    Is this a temporary thing, or blizz trying to push alts closer to the level cap?

I know I've had zero interest in playing alts in SL, as the game is so hollow and empty at the moment. I guess sometime in the 18 months i'll eventually try to get another alt or two to the cap to experience the different campaigns, but i'm in no rush.

With the exception of a handful of garrison missions I don't recall XP being given for the mobile game insert before.
    I'm pretty sure I got exp items at least from the Legion table. I can't remember BfA. Are you thinking about those, or could you elaborate on how you're getting exp?

Edit: I remember these https://www.wowhead.com/item=140584/...tained-in-item from back in Legion
    Last edited by Nosnogard; 2021-02-15 at 03:46 PM.

Legion missions gave XP too. Just like with the invasions in Legion and the WQs both in BfA and here in SL, if the character is below max, some of the rewards are XP instead. Not a new thing at all.

My 49 druid in Legion, right now, today:
    Last edited by Throwme; 2021-02-15 at 03:47 PM.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, I've never seen BFA and Legion ones before. I assume they added it back to all of the tables again given how levelling now works. It was originally there in WoD but they definitely were removed if you were 100 pre-squish.

I have noticed them appearing in WoD Garrison missions which I do often on Alts. A lot of my level 100 Garrison farmers are now 40/41 after levelling through the tables.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Legion missions gave XP too. Just like with the invasions in Legion and the WQs both in BfA and here in SL, if the character is below max, some of the rewards are XP instead. Not a new thing at all.

My 49 druid in Legion, right now, today:
    I see something entirely different. I see +100, + 450, +1000xp bonuses on EVERY mission across ALL my alts, no matter the level.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Not a new thing at all, but since those missoins would disappear when you'd hit the max level, I assume you all just forgot about it.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I see +100, + 450, +1000xp bonuses on EVERY mission across ALL my alts, no matter the level.
    Screenshot of that would be helpful, although I suspect you're mistaking Follower XP with Character XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Not a new thing at all, but since those missoins would disappear when you'd hit the max level, I assume you all just forgot about it.
    But i've been cycling through the mission tables weekly since SL launched. Just pushing through some rep on alts parked at 50 (or 40+) to unlock cosmetics, get modest amounts of gold from rep chest, etc. This is new as of today.

I suspect you have Covenant Mission Helper installed. It shows the XP amounts each quest is worth (and has always been worth), something the base UI does not show - the base UI only shows bonus XP when it is a mission reward.
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.

Since i started this... it doesn't explicitly say follower XP which is what I saw in garrison missions for example.https://ibb.co/F0btykQ

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yxiomel View Post
    I suspect you have Covenant Mission Helper installed. It shows the XP amounts each quest is worth (and has always been worth), something the base UI does not show - the base UI only shows bonus XP when it is a mission reward.
    This...might be it. Although i've had it installed for awhile now, i guess an update of my addons maybe activated this view.

Since i started this... it doesn't explicitly say follower XP which is what I saw in garrison missions for example.
    That is indeed addon-related and Follower XP, not Character XP.