Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is classic gonna be playable at some point without spell batching?

Or is it just going to be removed in TBC classic?

Maybe if they start it over, but I doubt it. Batching removal will most likely be for TBC pre-patch.

Guessing they will let us play with it for a month before Classic TBC and Classic Vanilla fresh servers, if at all

If it were to guess, it goes live shortly after the TBC announcement, considering that you'll likely see people returning to Classic after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not? Spell batching does not affect on gameplay and mechanics. Its just technlogy ><

I assume it's gonna go live within a couple of weeks. The PTR has quite a few changes (other than 10 ms batching) that are aimed at items/naxxramas encounters and bugfixes. It makes no sense for those changes to be held until TBC and I doubt they are going to separate those changes from the batching reduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spell batching is already going away. Its being tested on the PTR right now I believe. Atleast it was several weeks ago, and I've not seen anyone react with anything but praise for it, telling how it feels so much smoother to play.

So yes, I think batching will be gone by the time TBC launches. Or as gone as it can be. Really they just reduce the batch delay to the poin where its not felt on modern equipment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Why not? Spell batching does not affect on gameplay and mechanics. Its just technlogy ><
    Erm, yes, it does. They even gave an example when they announced they were testing lower limits on the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    Spell batching is already going away. Its being tested on the PTR right now I believe. Atleast it was several weeks ago, and I've not seen anyone react with anything but praise for it, telling how it feels so much smoother to play.

So yes, I think batching will be gone by the time TBC launches. Or as gone as it can be. Really they just reduce the batch delay to the poin where its not felt on modern equipment.
    It's not going away, they're reducing it

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Spell batching does not affect on gameplay and mechanics.
    Thanks for confirming you've never actually played Classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    It's not going away, they're reducing it
    It's being reduced from 400ms to 10ms.

It's effectively removed. A 10ms "spell batch" is completely unnoticeable.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2021-02-16 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Spellbatching in pservers always felt like 200 ms if classic was 400. If they're reducing it to 10ms...

Fuck Blizzard is all I have to say

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yes talk to the hand dirty words. That crapy batching were used because most players back than had wooden modem as internet provider. Now its not needed. U want that delay ? Oh ok boomer i know ur reflex is poor.

As a "no changes" purist, I can honestly say that I didn't care about spell batching. To me it only existed because the servers used to suck, and I don't think it's really that important to replicate.

Spellbatching in pservers always felt like 200 ms if classic was 400. If they're reducing it to 10ms...

Fuck Blizzard is all I have to say
    I mean... fuck blizzard for making game playable? It made as much sense as would artificially reducing FPS. Same with not allowing new client in-game models or spell effects. Add all these "little" things up and you have a lot of people who did not give a just chance for classic just because of some "no changes" crap.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I mean... fuck blizzard for making game playable? It made as much sense as would artificially reducing FPS. Same with not allowing new client in-game models or spell effects. Add all these "little" things up and you have a lot of people who did not give a just chance for classic just because of some "no changes" crap.
    I won't engage in a debate with someone that fundamentally doesn't understand what spell batching is or the amount of gameplay depth it's responsible for

I won't engage in a debate with someone that fundamentally doesn't understand what spell batching is or the amount of gameplay depth it's responsible for
    "Depth" was never intentional, and blinking while stunned or having CDs down for no actual gain in the current gaming standards is very clunky. As well as getting meleed even if you are 10 yards away and attack should have never connected. No changes crowd had their two years of laggy game play.

Quote Originally Posted by arucado3 View Post
    Or is it just going to be removed in TBC classic?
    No it existed in Vanilla, it existed in TBC and it exists in shadowlands. The #nochanges crowd will never let it happen. You'll have to wait for classic MOP for a smaller batch window.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    "Depth" was never intentional, and blinking while stunned or having CDs down for no actual gain in the current gaming standards is very clunky. As well as getting meleed even if you are 10 yards away and attack should have never connected. No changes crowd had their two years of laggy game play.
    Leeway has nothing to do with spellbatching and I have no idea what you mean by blinking while stunned.. By any chance do you think the blink spell can't be used while stunned?

Please go inform yourself..

retail can barely handle 10 ms batching with a huge amount of sharding (try doing world bosses with ~50 people and see the incredible delay on your spells) so i can't really see how classic/tbc is going to be able to handle the amount of spells/interaction per time unit without it. they'd have to upgrade the servers or remake the engine but this is obviously not going to happen.

imagine tbc launch with 10 ms batching LOL. the servers would crash in half a second.

Leeway has nothing to do with spellbatching and I have no idea what you mean by blinking while stunned.. By any chance do you think the blink spell can't be used while stunned?

Please go inform yourself..
    It can be used when you get charge and blink in the same batch.
    Leeway doesn't have anything to do with batching but then again, you get hit by a spell after damn blink and you add that with massive leeway in classic you get clunky as hell combat.