Poll: Rate Shadowlands

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Personally I find it bad/terrible for a variety of reasons:

- The art style, while good, looks nothing like WoW and doesn't really fit. When I first saw the gameplay shots before it came out, if I didn't know what it was I would have thought it was a brand new MMORPG. That's how disconnected it feels from everything that came before.
    - Still has borrowed power/AP grind with a new name
    - Still has Diablo 3 gameplay in M+ which encourages everything wrong about dungeon design and playstyle
    - The dungeons aren't really interesting and feel like their design goal was "let's throw more things on the screen"
    - Nathria is awesome visually but the design feels like "how many flashy mechanics can we put into boss fights" which just isn't fun or entertaining, especially for an "entry level" raid tier.
    - The Maw feels terrible, not because of no mounting just the entire design is bad
    - Torghast was an awesome concept but done poorly and not at all like a real Rogue-like like they were trying to do.
    - Nothing feels rewarding, just pointless busywork

I though BFA was a lot better overall, minus corruption which was as bad/worse as anything. Hell compared to SL I feel WOD was amazing just because WOD still felt like WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's... Okay

So far classes feel good to play except some particular cases
    Dungeons look good as well

The Lore is meh. I have no interest in the whole 'cosmic forces' saga and how everyone is walking through the realms of death like it's nothing
    The Maw and Torghast are boring
    Anima farming is awful
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I gave it a 5. You can see the effort I just don't feel like it came through correctly.
    I mean what's with "oooowwww, aaaahhhhhhh, soooo many options" (nope only 1 is the right option).

Usually I start to level then ilvl an alt when i'm getting bored with the xpac… but boy besides the renown catchup gearing/maxing an alt is brutal.

I guess covs are there to keep it at least a little new but the prospect of having to do all of the maw and torghast again on an alt was not tempting.

Voted Bad.
    Made me stop my subscription for the first time since 2007.
    The xpac is not necessarily at fault for everything, but it brings no incentives to me to keep playing.

leveling toons to 50 provided more fun, than actual Shadowlands
    graphic design is great, but feels like something a WoW-clone would have, not the real deal
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    It's... Okay

So far classes feel good to play except some particular cases
    Dungeons look good as well

The Lore is meh. I have no interest in the whole 'cosmic forces' saga and how everyone is walking through the realms of death like it's nothing
    The Maw and Torghast are boring
    Anima farming is awful
    I actually feel the opposite in terms of classes. I really dislike the class abilities deprune they did in SL.

They bring back way too many useless and situational abilities and make action bars too bloated.

Gave it a 7...so far.
    M+ is fun, leveling alts is "fun" again, FINALLY good pvp rewards again...pvp is fun. For my class I really like the covenant ability tbh, but I get some are frustrated at this point. Close to clearing mythic I must say the raid is only okayish. Some boss design are really lacking or simply frustrating and not fun. Like overlaps with shitty spellqueuing and things like having to do dmg stops...not much fun imho.
    Leveling was good, nothing special like always. I dislike the anima grind but luckily you dont really need it...the maw still sucks tho.

It still is one of the better expansions so far. Way better than bfa and wod for sure. Some people giving it so shitty ratings should perhaps consider to lower their expectacions when it comes to a freaking 16 years old game. Blizz won't reinvent the wheel with this.
    The fact that people here really complain about "renown grind" just shows that nowadays people just complain about pretty everything. Even about grinds that aren't there.

Pros:

1) Castle Nathria is really freaking good
    2) Most of the dungeons are as well
    3) Specs are pretty fun to play, at least compared to BfA/Legion
    4) Streamlined leveling and Chromie Time made leveling alts so much more fun

Cons:
    1) Some covenant related bullshit: anima grind, unbalanced abilities dictating covenant choice, covenant swapping being made more painful than it should be
    2) Maw/Torghast are kind of lame
    3) Don't care about the lore, feels more like some Final Fantasy shit than Warcraft atm.

Overall an 8 as far as WoW expansions go. BfA at this point would get like 5-6, so it's an improvement.

It's probably a 7 or 8 currently. Overall very good, but with room for improvement. Soul ash should have catchup, anima should have "anima knowledge", raid weekly chest needs significant improvements, PvP needs end of match gear at a similar level to M+ and covenants need to be freely swappable. Classes are pretty good, loot overall is in a good spot, the raid is good, the dungeons are pretty good and the seasonal affix is okay(worse than Awakened and Reaping, better than Beguiling and Infested)
    Probably tied with Cata for me, with the potential to move up to WoD. Don't think there's any chance it gets to MoP levels.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2021-02-17 at 04:08 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

5 out of 10.

During leveling I had the feeling being stuck nonstop in phased worlds. Barely seen other people.

From all the expansions this one is the worst in balancing classes. Some classes are kinda ignored in LFG Mythic keystones.

Torghast became boring very quickly and it isn't ALT-friendly.

Again they implemented those useless mission table.

Mythic dungeons can drop only 1 mount. While in the previous expansion we had 4 rare mounts dropping from different mythic dungeons. Btw not many new mounts this expansion anyway.

But some positive things. New area's look amazing.
    Also the raid and mythic dungeons look cool.

A solid 2.5/10.

The sheer quality, or lack of - is really unforgiveable.
    My game taste has changed over the years and I have came away from WoW more times than you could imagine, probably average 2-4 months sub per expansion. However, Shadowlands offers absolutely zero to retain my interest. As per usual every new feature they try to implement is done so with laughable application, no creativity or ambition and truly shows how talentless the game developers really are. Every xpac - the core features and systems they try to develop leave a very sour taste, fundamentally some of them are great ideas on the surface - but again implemented to a shocking standard. Said it before I will say it again, WoW has not, and will never ever justify being a cost price game, on top of the expansion packs, subscription costs & service fees. There are far better games out there, even F2P games which have a lot more ambition and have a far superior standard of design. All WoW has for it - which is pretty standard is how typically polished it is, which you would expect given the resources and funding available. 2.5 is being very generous.

Would have said Good, but they dragged their feet for far too long on proper pvp balancing.

My class (Mistweaver monk) is still dogshit in pvp, even after my sub ended 10 days ago. Not sure if I'll resub at this point, may be too little too late for Blizz.

It’s too early to judge, imho a more reasonable judgement should wait 9.2 (mid expansion).

As of now I would say OK. The good: less weekly activities that feel “mandatory”. The bad: no loot from M+.

I'll give it a 5/10. The classes are somewhat better than BfA's but still have that garbage modern design with resources and stuff. None of the classes are any fun to play and as such you really can't enjoy anything else either. It has been this way since Legion so no real surprise. Blizzard acknowledges that class design needs to get better but they don't understand why people dislike it. To top it off, balancing is awful and there is no real incentive to bring certain classes unless they happen to have a raidwide buff/debuff and then you only bring one anyway if it isn't fotm.

Leveling zones were dreadfully boring and really small. While they're aesthetically pleasing, there's more that's needed. Compare e.g. Storm Peaks or Icecrown to these zones, they're like four times bigger (or more) without feeling empty. They were also much more fun and memorable.

The raid was okay, nothing more. Looks the same in most areas, aka boring.

Dungeons were also okay at best, although again better than BfA's.

The maw is absolutely awful including Torghast. I can't believe they needed to delay the expansion to make the maw "better" (how bad was it before?) and it ended up like it did. Holy crap lol.

Gearing is somewhat better but really only because they removed titanforging.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    I actually feel the opposite in terms of classes. I really dislike the class abilities deprune they did in SL.

They bring back way too many useless and situational abilities and make action bars too bloated.
    I feel you can ignore most of stuff that don't go into your rotation
    I do hate that they brought back the weapon enchants for Enhancement Shaman. It worked better as a passive
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post

As a Warrior, I hard disagree. Baseline reflect, piercing howl, shattering throw & challenging shout? All awesome Plus execute for prot? Hell yeah!

Down to a 7/10 for me. The lack of grind earns it bonus points still, but Nathria really is an average raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    3) Don't care about the lore, feels more like some Final Fantasy shit than Warcraft atm.
    I think this will be a big problem in long term for the franchise.

A lot of original wow players come from Warcraft 3/frozen throne, because people loved the Warcraft lore and universe.

Everyone knows the famous chars like Thrall, Jaina, Arthas, Illidan, etc. and likes the Warcraft stories.

I agree that stories need development beyond the original chars and lands, but Blizzard's current story writing and lore development is absolutely horrible.

It has been incredibly bad and illogical for expansions now since crazy Sylvanas and simp Nathanos. It is truly cringeworthy and laughable.

If Blizzard throws WoW lore like garbage in this way, it will be a big blow to the franchise in long term.

Someone must have already mentioned this but I like how the thread title reads close to ‘Raid: Shadow Legends’

I like it day to day. But I feel the entire story feels to far outside the wow scope i find it hard to get invested

3+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't like it. Weird Lore, zones that look like copies of other zones, and whatever the f**k they're done with Vol'jin, Mueh'zala and Bwonsamdi. Also Torghast makes me sleepy

However, we go to see Bwonsamdi home realm, so that's ok

- - - Updated - - -

Ok wait, I just noticed I voted 5/10. I think 3/10 would be much more accurate now lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.