Poll: Rate Shadowlands

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Even though i'm still playing and the guild is still going strong, i wasn't excited for Shadowlands, nor does it excite me still the way FFXIV story patches and expansions, but it's doing enough to keep us around.

Personally though, i think it's terrible. The seperated zones, the flying through oribos, the no mount maw unless you do boring torghast ad-nauseum. The maw itself, terrible. The raid and dungeons, probably the worst i can remember. Covenant balance turned out as bad as expected. But, i don't know... guild is still here and i don't hate it. So, i guess it's average.

I suppose the removal of the most cancerous systems from the last 2 xpacs (infinite AP ground and war/titanforging/corruption) made it tolerable. So, while it isn't exciting, it isn't abhorable either. You can choose to not do the boring stuff. That is actually quite important. Classes are not terrible anymore either.

Lets say the essential is there, even if not great. Lots of boring systems that need re-thinking (world quests for example). Story is just dreadful. Like outright bad compared to the competition. They need to keep the core they now fixed, cut these boring systems and choose something to focus on and improve. I would start with storytelling and the single player experience.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-02-18 at 05:41 AM.

The new valor point systems have 9 ranks with different requirements.

It is just what we need in wow, more complicated and confusing system.

GG

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    The new valor point systems have 9 ranks with different requirements.

It is just what we need in wow, more complicated and confusing system.

GG
    since when is it complicated? You have points, you can earn it by doing dungeons, its weekly capped and you can use it to upgrade items which have 9 ranks. I mean if this is complicated then i dont know what isnt.

It's in the top so far behind Legion and Wrath.

It's better than BFA with azerites and corruption.
    Convenants are useless because almost everyone uses the same one for a specific class. I still dont see the point of them.
    The maw is the worst thing of this xpack by far, so annoying and useless. Thorghast is fine if run once a week

I prefer the SL dungeons than the all the previous mm+ seasons, no dungeon seem stupidly harder than the others like KR was for example.

I play BM hunter so I'm a little disappointed with the current state of the balance but all in all its fine, I time keys and I kill mythic bosses with guildmates, that's all I need in wow.

TF is gone, corruption is gone, sockets are easily farmable if you're unlucky. Now vendor badges to upgrade mm+ stuff, for me it's all right. I hope they wont introduce a new stupid gimmick in future patches

For me it's a 7. I play BM and I do enjoy its class design... when people say it's the worse of all gameplays lol...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Even though i'm still playing and the guild is still going strong, i wasn't excited for Shadowlands, nor does it excite me still the way FFXIV story patches and expansions, but it's doing enough to keep us around.

Personally though, i think it's terrible. The seperated zones, the flying through oribos, the no mount maw unless you do boring torghast ad-nauseum. The maw itself, terrible. The raid and dungeons, probably the worst i can remember. Covenant balance turned out as bad as expected. But, i don't know... guild is still here and i don't hate it. So, i guess it's average.

I suppose the removal of the most cancerous systems from the last 2 xpacs (infinite AP ground and war/titanforging/corruption) made it tolerable. So, while it isn't exciting, it isn't abhorable either. You can choose to not do the boring stuff. That is actually quite important. Classes are not terrible anymore either.

Lets say the essential is there, even if not great. Lots of boring systems that need re-thinking (world quests for example). Story is just dreadful. Like outright bad compared to the competition. They need to keep the core they now fixed, cut these boring systems and choose something to focus on and improve. I would start with storytelling and the single player experience.
    I, for one, dont care at all about the SP experience, it's just one or 2 days and then it's the mmorpg routine (what I like).. I dont think a lot of players actually read the quests (I do, only for main story). FF14 is a lot better concerning the single player but... the end game is a lot worse than wow endgame (no mm+ or equivalent, only easy dungeons or easy/moderatly hard raids)

And by the way that class "unprining" was s***, I'm not using any spell they gave back to hunter. NOT A SINGLE ONE. Arcane shot as BM ? useless, the mark ? useless, control your pet directly ? Not even on my bar.... Seriously
    Last edited by vashe9; 2021-02-18 at 12:22 PM.

Field Marshal Phyrexia-KulTiras's Avatar
    3+ Year Old Account
    I'm having a hard time enjoying the game. In all fairness i never really enjoyed a x.0. Every start there are tons of bugs and chores to do (i'm very raid focussed). But i do see the potential in comparison to BFA and legion and i do think this is the better xpac.

However i'm not feeling it at this moment. But that could be the covid depression talking..

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Personally I find it bad/terrible for a variety of reasons:

- The art style, while good, looks nothing like WoW and doesn't really fit. When I first saw the gameplay shots before it came out, if I didn't know what it was I would have thought it was a brand new MMORPG. That's how disconnected it feels from everything that came before.
    - Still has borrowed power/AP grind with a new name
    - Still has Diablo 3 gameplay in M+ which encourages everything wrong about dungeon design and playstyle
    - The dungeons aren't really interesting and feel like their design goal was "let's throw more things on the screen"
    - Nathria is awesome visually but the design feels like "how many flashy mechanics can we put into boss fights" which just isn't fun or entertaining, especially for an "entry level" raid tier.
    - The Maw feels terrible, not because of no mounting just the entire design is bad
    - Torghast was an awesome concept but done poorly and not at all like a real Rogue-like like they were trying to do.
    - Nothing feels rewarding, just pointless busywork

I though BFA was a lot better overall, minus corruption which was as bad/worse as anything. Hell compared to SL I feel WOD was amazing just because WOD still felt like WoW.
    -art style i also feel is not great,bastion looks nice but any expansion that doesnt have a desert zone is automaticaly bad in my book!
    -borrowed power is fine as long as it just compliments classes and not feels gutted when its gone,they need to stop building classes AROUND that power
    -what ap grind?
    -m+ is fine,people play dungeons the same way in classic nothing will ever change that
    -how does nothing feel rewarding?are you not doing anything that rewards stuff?this one just sounds silly

bfa was in no way better,no ap grind and titanforge alone makes sl better
    wod was fine for what we got,its problem was it was to little

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    7 out of 10.

It is designed to avoid grinding.
    I wish to require a little more grinding since I have lots of free time.
    do alts gring velnari and avoed rep on them all and you wont have free time

Quote Originally Posted by Exodeus View Post
    It's in the top so far behind Legion and Wrath.
    So far

I wish I could change my vote from 1.5 months ago where I rated it 7-8. Now I'd give Shadowlands a score a lot lower. The first 4-6 weeks of any expansion are great (except BfA), so this poll is an indication for nothing.

I'd give it a 5 now whereas BfA at this point was a 2 for me. Legion would be a 7, TBC a 10.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Story: 3/10
    Gameplay: 9/10
    Progression: 4/10

Guess that averages to a 5.

Made me miss Legion.
    Better than BfA, more things to do for sure, has really nice features, which have potential. I really don't like "classic" influence on running without mount or loot reduction. Also reducing m+ power progression only to be wait for a vault was a big mistake, so I am glad they are backtracking, even if it is very late.

15+ Year Old Account
    I fully expected this, even from Beta. SL is just BFA 2.0/Legion 3.0
    Not really. Higher version numbers normally denote improvements. We have been walking backwards since WoD or maybe even earlier. They just can't ever stop adding timesinks and timegates. At the same time overall product quality is in decline.

"More things to do" != better gameplay experience

I quit Shadowlands faster than I've ever quit any game or expansion in my life. Didn't even last 2 months.

With the 9.1 information from BlizzCon, it is safe to say this expansion will be 100% worse than BFA, which is what I expected since Beta.

With the 9.1 information from BlizzCon, it is safe to say this expansion will be 100% worse than BFA, which is what I expected since Beta.
    Are you meming? 9.1 looks every bit better than 8.1.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Just look at this thread, it's personal blog of OP that comment every two posts "yep, SL is shit". It's funny this time around whiners can't blame their bad experience on some system, so they just say: "I don't know.. this feels bad.. SL is shit 100% worse than BfA" ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Zones: BFA 6 zones > SL 4 zones

Campaigns: BFA war campaign = SL covenant campaign (both are okish, but covenant campaign is hard time-gated)

Dungeons: BFA 10 dungeons at launch > SL 8 at launch (there is no new M+ in 9.1, players will farm the same 8 M+ until the end of year patch 9.2)

BFA island/warfront > SL maw/torghast (both are boring contents, but torghast is much more time-consuming without mount, pets, gear, or cosmetic)

Story: BFA Jaina/kultiras + Talanji/zuldazar + azshara/Nazjatar + Nzoth/old gods > SL jailer+sylvanas (with the possible redemption, the story is so illogical that it is laughable right now)

What SL does better than BFA: Gear, pvp vendor gear, pve gear simplification, no azerite, no WF/TF, no corruption, no bullshit

What SL does worse than BFA: everything else

Campaigns: BFA war campaign = SL covenant campaign (both are okish, but covenant campaign is hard time-gated)

Dungeons: BFA 10 dungeons at launch > SL 8 at launch (there is no new M+ in 9.1, players will farm the same 8 M+ until the end of year patch 9.2)

BFA island/warfront > SL maw/torghast (both are boring contents, but torghast is much more time-consuming without mount, pets, gear, or cosmetic)

Story: BFA Jaina/kultiras + Talanji/zuldazar + azshara/Nazjatar + Nzoth/old gods > SL jailer+sylvanas (with the possible redemption, the story is so illogical that it is laughable right now)

What SL does better than BFA: Gear, pvp vendor gear, pve gear simplification, no azerite, no WF/TF, no corruption, no bullshit

What SL does worse than BFA: everything else
    Were you not just talking about 9.1? Why are we talking about launch now?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

This just in. The amount of zones that we dont use much anyway weighs in on how good an expansion is.

SL has problems. None of them are the amount of zones, the story or the lack of islands/warfronts.