Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Angry Are they really not going to release fresh Vanilla servers?

Really? Just do all the work and then f*** it all and go on to TBC which a lot of people do not want to play? No, I do not want to be stuck on 24/7 Naxxramas patch. What the hell is this shit honestly?

Why would they keep releasing new vanilla servers...?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Really? Just do all the work and then f*** it all and go on to TBC which a lot of people do not want to play? No, I do not want to be stuck on 24/7 Naxxramas patch. What the hell is this shit honestly?
    why would they? it's not like you can't go and clear old content if you want. there are servers which are staying Vanilla

You wanted classic. Classic ends at 24/7 naxxramas. Move to TBC or stay in classic.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    why would they? it's not like you can't go and clear old content if you want. there are servers which are staying Vanilla
    It's about the progress of the servers throughout the patches. The game and economy of servers is way different in Naxxramas patch than release patch. Stop writing stupid things pls.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see no reason why they wouldn't, however it would probably not be during tbc launch, rather after the initial rush, to catch a % of the people who leave the initial launch for various reasons

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's about the progress of the servers throughout the patches. The game and economy of servers is way different in Naxxramas patch than release patch. Stop writing stupid things pls.
    so you didn't play at launch so you want it to be reverted to launch patch every 2 years so you can start from scratch again? and you say I'm the one writing stupid stuff?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I see no reason why they wouldn't, however it would probably not be during tbc launch, rather after the initial rush, to catch a % of the people who leave the initial launch for various reasons
    they've already announced that if you don't want to play BC you can transfer to a server that is staying on Vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    so you didn't play at launch so you want it to be reverted to launch patch every 2 years so you can start from scratch again? and you say I'm the one writing stupid stuff?

- - - Updated - - -

they've already announced that if you don't want to play BC you can transfer to a server that is staying on Vanilla
    I did play at launch. Yes, you are the one writing stupid stuff. Fresh start is what most people want with Vanilla. When content ends you reset. That's how many games do it. You don't stay on the same patch forever. Are you dumb or something?

People that don't want their characters deleted by the reset from Vanilla should move on to TBC. THAT'S HOW IT SHOULD'VE BEEN DONE.

I am pretty confident that they will release fresh classic realms eventually, but right now is just not the time...

No fresh start servers announced

I was excided when I saw they will be adding Classic Era realms. But it turns out that those will remain in Phase 6 forever.
    For anyone who tried to level a character in Classic at this time knows how bad it has become. It does feel like I'm playing retail.
    The zones are empty and player interaction is rare. The chat is essentially dead and all you see is boosting spam. Finding dungeon groups that play the game "normally" takes up to 2 hours. Add another hour if someone leavs half way through. What where they thinking?

People did fresh privates for 10 years, thats what we were always wanting for them to not adress fresh at all is very dissapointing both for TBC and vanilla

Why would they? This is classic. Stick around if you want, or move along.

They will eventually release new Classic servers, but i wouldn't expect them for a couple of years until interest is back to high values, with a fresh dose of nostalgia. Now wouldn't be the best time for new servers and have people do 5 months of Molten Core, again.

With the mass exodus to BC servers they are expecting it sounds like you either choose to go to a new BC server or you end up going to a new vanilla server so you won't be left in some ghost town realm that is constantly bleeding off characters through the normal cycles and now the draw from BC.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

“What were they thinking”

Probably that it’s a waste of resources to relaunch Vanilla servers at the same time they are launching BC. As far as I know, they have literally not said they won’t do fresh 60 servers. They absolutely still could down the line. But it makes literally no sense at all to launch them at the exact same time as BC nor does it make any sense to announce them while you’re focusing on TBC.

Why in Gods name would they relaunch 60 servers with TBC? It’s not out of the question down the line, but it makes absolutely no sense to do them at the same time. The focus is on TBC. They can and probably will circle back at a later date.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Check back once BC is up and running. They probably don't want to think about what to do for Vanilla when trying to get BC done and running.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    Probably that it’s a waste of resources to relaunch Vanilla servers at the same time they are launching BC.
    This. They don't want fresh vanilla servers taking people away from TBC, or people feeling obligated to choose one or the other.

"fresh" vanilla servers are definitely coming at some point though. As pservers showed, nobody wants to sit and farm Naxx forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    You wanted classic. Classic ends at 24/7 naxxramas. Move to TBC or stay in classic.
    QFT

People need to realize pre Wotlk mats in this game were worth something so stop complaining about stuff being overpriced. Welcome to a time in WoW professions actually meant something.

Did you fellows catch the lady hint that they would release further expansions\Eras? Pretty much confirms Classic WOTLK at least, who knows how far they'll go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidSeeker199X View Post
    Finding dungeon groups that play the game "normally" takes up to 2 hours. Add another hour if someone leavs half way through.
    Sooo.. as expected then?