Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    There is no chance that Arthas is his dad, because if you read the Lich king book, it stats that Jania, is his first, and I doubt he had time to travel to stormwind, too bang Anduins mom after stratholme, since he went straight to northrend
    u act like blizzards never retconned anything before

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Really bums me out that it means the comic with him as an old man was a straight up lie.
    they've probably turned over a dozen writers since then, pretty much any terrible lore is still on the table and nothing from yesterday is canon until it's used tomorrow after which it goes right back to being up in the air

Quote Originally Posted by Brash View Post
    Armor looks more mawsworn than lich king to me.
    thats because we learned in SL Arthas sword (and mayhaps helm where) made there?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Nope...Arthas is definitely his father! It totally has nothing to do with his mother being as blonde as him...Arthas has to be the father!

Why just why... Anduin has a father remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well what won't be disappointing?

Redeem him 1 or 2 patches after his corruption? Kill him? Make him the new Jailer as a rehash of the Legion ending? Make him the new lich king as a rehash of the WotLK ending? Travel to an alternate timeline and switch Anduin Skywalker with AUnduin? Make him co-lead the Forsaken with Calia to piss of all the Horde players and a good chunk of the Alliance players?

Also, if he ends up being a loot pinata, I call dibs on the sword.
    Maybe its all a build up to the next xpac. World Of Warcraft: NorthenmostRend

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Why just why... Anduin has a father remember?
    It's a joke

His mother is blonde so it's obvious he inherited his blonde hair from her and it has nothing to do with Arthas

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Northeastrend. We are going to go to all directions with each expansion villain being an Arthas knockoff. And after Northwestrend, we get he Wrath 2.0 expansion where Arthas takes the Arthasness out of all these villains to resurrect himself.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    You joke but if this forum hivemind had its way every expansion would just be called Wrath of the Lich King and the year would never change from 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Sooo, I just read about the leak where Sylvanas turns Anduin into the next LK, which many of us predicted the moment we laid eyes on Shalamourne, and wanted to talk something with you guys.

Considering two other theories that were discussed on this forum:
    1. Anduin actually being the son of Arthas.
    2. The gem inserted into Shalamourne was in fact the soul of Arthas.

, what do you guys think is coming?

Personally, I'm really curious, WoW's story hasn't had me so interested in quite the while now!
    If he's the son of Arthas he'd be the rightful king if Lordaeron, so after this is over the forsaken may have their incestuous lightbound royals to rule them.
    After all they can't get kids anyway if they're dead, so the incest part is fine.

Personally i'm more curious to see where the living would go, if Anduin is forced to join the Horde via a roundabout way it'd create an interesting setting, and frankly i could imagine it setting iff Turalyon in a bad way, leading to an Alliance crusade or somesuch.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Given that leak that says he's stabbed to turn him into this, and that we've seen what a true Light resurrection looks like in Calia, I'm gonna say that going back to how he looked before wont be an option. Obviously the model isn't permanent, but I don't think we'll get the priest Anduin back.

Really bums me out that it means the comic with him as an old man was a straight up lie.
    Meh, we've seen people transform into all kinds of things and return to their original form. Calia was an undead first and then a lightforged, and Anduin isn't dying as much as becoming possessed, so they can easily isolate this very specific transformation from any previous one.

Perhaps he'll keep the white hair, like Khadgar and Jaina...

i thought anduin was the son of thrall??? i am so confused.

Sooo, I just read about the leak where Sylvanas turns Anduin into the next LK, which many of us predicted the moment we laid eyes on Shalamourne, and wanted to talk something with you guys.

Considering two other theories that were discussed on this forum:
    1. Anduin actually being the son of Arthas.
    2. The gem inserted into Shalamourne was in fact the soul of Arthas.

, what do you guys think is coming?

Personally, I'm really curious, WoW's story hasn't had me so interested in quite the while now!
    And there you see the main problem with writing story in a Mmo, to many diffrent opinions to try and please, for me the way they went with turning Anduin was the most predictable and boring way they could have taken the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Meh, we've seen people transform into all kinds of things and return to their original form. Calia was an undead first and then a lightforged, and Anduin isn't dying as much as becoming possessed, so they can easily isolate this very specific transformation from any previous one.

Perhaps he'll keep the white hair, like Khadgar and Jaina...
    Calia was human, raised into undeath by a Naaru. Not undead-turned-lightforged.

We've never seen an undead character return to normal life.

Yeah i think he'll keep the white hair.

Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Idk from the looks of thing in that cinematic they previewed today, it kinda just looked like Anduin's body is a puppet/is posessed. Like it can go from that lively form to a more.. posessed/dead like form? Idk it's hard to say.

If they were to do an "Anduin is Arthas' son" then it would most likely be set up that Jaina is his mom and he was put into the protection of Varion to keep safe.

It's also pretty BS.

At this point we just know that he's being controlled by the Jailer and other than stabbing angel ladies to take their lock glyphs we don't even really know what uses the Jailer actually has for Anduin or what powers are still imbued in the boy king.

Quote Originally Posted by LauraHydra1 View Post
    Nononono.
    I was worried they would have the Jailer turn him evil, but damn. Do not want.
    He is one of my favourite characters in the game.
    (Yes, I like noble and heroic heroes. Keep your shades of grey. The world is shitty enough, let me have my escapism where people are good and brave and kind. Please?)
    I hope we can at least free him or redeem him somehow. Or something.
    he IS in a shade of grey rather than pure white knight, he literaly used mind control on his own soldier in pandaria bcs of his daddy issues...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2021-02-20 at 06:48 AM.

My questions:

How did he leave the maw (its inescapable for everyone but us)?
    How did he get to Bastion?
    How did he get to the archon?
    How did no one stop him when he was jumping like 20 feet in the air?
    How did he kill a titan++ being with a sword jump?
    How did he leave Bastion after?
    If the eternals are the keys, why didn't sire give his to the jailer like years ago (said he had one of 4 now at the end of video)?

I realize the story is just a way to create gameplay opportunities, but these are some pretty big and stupid holes....
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2021-02-20 at 06:52 AM.

Sylvanas turns Anduin into the next LK,
    Why are people saying this? The last Lich King didn't even have a sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    My questions:

How did he leave the maw?
    If the eternals are the keys, why didn't sire give his to the jailer like years ago (said he had one of 4 now at the end of video)?

I realize the story is just a way to create gameplay opportunities, but these are some pretty big and stupid holes....
    80% of the answers to your questions are in the cinematic, 10% are from just a reasonable understanding of the universe with a dash of suspense of disbelief, and the rest are bread crumb questions lol

Rewatch it ans take 2 minutes to figure out what's what
    Last edited by Porimlys; 2021-02-20 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    80% of the answers to your questions are in the cinematic, 10% are from just a reasonable understanding of the universe with a dash of suspense of disbelief, and the rest are bread crumb questions lol

Rewatch it ans take 2 minutes to figure out what's what
    I'll give you two of em after re-watching it, though still stupid answers.

The rest are still unanswered.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    How did he leave the maw (its inescapable for everyone but us)?
    Anduin was clearly let go from the Maw since he's under the Jailer's control. Some of the Jailer's forces can leave, after all.

Forsworn, probably. They serve Helya and went to the Maw, after all.

He was permitted to get close, listen to the trailer as to why, they thought he was there under good terms until the last moment.

The other forces around the Archon were chained up and disabled by his attack.

Something inherent with his mournblade perhaps. Or just a lucky strike. Just because they're powerful doesn't mean they'd survive a blade to the heart.

Mawsworn or Forsworn kyrian maybe. Or teleport.

That's a question that we simply don't know at this juncture. I imagine we will get an answer soon. Maybe it involves Korthia. Maybe it requires his death. Maybe he hid it elsewhere.