10+ Year Old Account

Flying in new zones

As title asking, since no mention here, will we fly in the new zones introduced or not?
    I hate BFA and consider it 2nd worst exp, but BFA did amazing job of giving us flying in new zones of Naz and Gnom, making u feel actually rewarded for unlocking flying, from what I see, they plan to give us ground mounts only in new zones + maw
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

7+ Year Old Account
    They did say flying would be unlocked as a portion of the cov campaign

The only new zone (for 9.1) will be a new section of the Maw where you -will not- be able to fly as far as i'm aware. I might be wrong though.

Korthia
    Largest new section of the Maw
    Patch 9.1 Features
    New areas and enemies in the Maw with Maw theme rewards.
    Mounting in the maw
    If Mounting in the maw is a feature, i highly doubt flying will be another.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-02-20 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    As title asking, since no mention here, will we fly in the new zones introduced or not?
    I hate BFA and consider it 2nd worst exp, but BFA did amazing job of giving us flying in new zones of Naz and Gnom, making u feel actually rewarded for unlocking flying, from what I see, they plan to give us ground mounts only in new zones + maw
    Yeah, new zone is part of Maw and there will never be flying in Maw. If SL goes MOP way, i.e. no new content with flying, then it's not my xpack, sorry. Yeah I will complete some goals with flying, like unlocking all Covenant armor transmogs, but after that that's it. I have nothing new to do. And again. For longer Blizzard delay 9.1 and flying - more money they lose due to not having me resubbed. Especially if 9.1 will have more time-gated renown levels. 9.0 content is so small, that there is no reason to wait for so long. I've already completed it 4 times. No reason to continue doing it without flying. And we have Maw and Classic for those, who hate flying.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    It says the four covenant zones. And you will finally get to mount up in the Maw, as well as Korthia - we are still pawns compared to the storywise of the army in the Maw, so of course no flight there. Only recently (9.1) we have managed to gain the ability to summon our mounts.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    It says the four covenant zones. And you will finally get to mount up in the Maw, as well as Korthia - we are still pawns compared to the storywise of the army in the Maw, so of course no flight there. Only recently (9.1) we have managed to gain the ability to summon our mounts.
    we already can mount there... this makes twisting corridor trivial and waste of time
    I support 100% give flying in any older exp for example, but when i work to unlock flying (or in that case, ground mount) on twisting corridor only to see it given for free in same exp that's bullsh8t
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You don't know when 9.1 will hit - until then you, those who have the Twisting Corridor mount can use it all the time in the Maw. How does that make "twisting corridor trivial and waste of time" now? And even if you get your mount later..it is another cool looking mount collected.

And how is that even surprising? Content of previous patches very regularly get nerfed or get easier because we get better gear.

Other than that...are you one of the ppl who would rage because I got my Brawler guild mount at the end of the x-pac when it was much easier in the gear I had by then while the people who got it when it came out had to "work" for it?
    Also, from what I understood you don't even get Maw mounting at the start. You get it through questing, so having a Maw mount already is going to help with that.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    we already can mount there... this makes twisting corridor trivial and waste of time
    I support 100% give flying in any older exp for example, but when i work to unlock flying (or in that case, ground mount) on twisting corridor only to see it given for free in same exp that's bullsh8t
    But then again, some could travel with mount speed before your twisting corridor run. Things progress.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Indeed. But I guess I should be happy thea people have not made a QQ thread on how killing an outrider allows you to use his mount and that totally destroys the hard work that ppl put into getting the corridor creeper. And let us not forget how unfair druids (and shamans) are in the maw. Also apparently Worgen
    Don't tell those people about the craftable Maw mount coming in 9.0.5.

Oh..didn't know. Can everyone craft it?
    There's not much info on it atm but it doesn't seem tied to anything specific like race/class/profession. It's called "Stygia Crafting".
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=320863/...l-forge-in-dom
    Last edited by Pebrocks The Warlock; 2021-02-21 at 11:15 AM.

since its a flying discussion, I keep trying to figure out out, but still unsure one way or the other. I just want to know definitively if flight unlock will require loremaster achievement ( completion of covenant zone side quests) or just main covenant campaign quests? because I would really rather do those side quests WITH flight (especially in fucking Rivendeath, whoever designed it is a sadist) unless they are required to unlock flight in a first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    since its a flying discussion, I keep trying to figure out out, but still unsure one way or the other. I just want to know definitively if flight unlock will require loremaster achievement ( completion of covenant zone side quests) or just main covenant campaign quests? because I would really rather do those side quests WITH flight (especially in fucking Rivendeath, whoever designed it is a sadist) unless they are required to unlock flight in a first place.
    You only have to do the 9.1 Covenant campaign, which I assume would require 9.0 campaign. It will be account wide btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You only have to do the 9.1 Covenant campaign, which I assume would require 9.0 campaign. It will be account wide btw.
    fabulous, thank you very much! going to hold of on those until after the patch then

Flying was WoW's worst mistake hands down. Totally ruined immersion, exploration and sense of danger. Should've never made it into the game. At all.

Over the course of WoWs history the general trend is new patch zones don’t have flying.

TBC - IoQ was the only new patch zone and no flying.

Wrath - No new zones in a patch.

Cata - Molten Front is new patch zone and no flying.

MoP - Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle are new patch zones and no flying.

WoD - TJ is new patch zone and does have flying.

Legion - Argus is new patch zone with no flying.

BFA - Mechagon and Nazjatar new zones with flying.

SL (so far) - Korthia new zone and no flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But then again, some could travel with mount speed before your twisting corridor run. Things progress.
    again the classes who had np or race (worgen/druid) I still support them, give us more class unique flavors
    I don't support another paladin get mount run in current exp after i spent way too long on twisting corridor
    In fact i wish more class/race favors, i wish rogues can unlock doors without need for keys in Revendreth for example

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Over the course of WoWs history the general trend is new patch zones don’t have flying.

TBC - IoQ was the only new patch zone and no flying.

Wrath - No new zones in a patch.

Cata - Molten Front is new patch zone and no flying.

MoP - Isle of Thunder and Timeless Isle are new patch zones and no flying.

WoD - TJ is new patch zone and does have flying.

Legion - Argus is new patch zone with no flying.

BFA - Mechagon and Nazjatar new zones with flying.

SL (so far) - Korthia new zone and no flying.
    all those other exp had flying from start, flying was relevant until they introduced new zones
    Legion flying was relevant for 4 months of patch 7.2 (since u need 2 month to unlock it), not ok
    BFA flying was unlocked to relevant zones, same for WoD (first exp where they hate flying)
    SL they giving us flying and in even same patch make it irrelevant unless u still need to farm older rep or lvl alts?

- - - Updated - - -

You don't know when 9.1 will hit - until then you, those who have the Twisting Corridor mount can use it all the time in the Maw. How does that make "twisting corridor trivial and waste of time" now? And even if you get your mount later..it is another cool looking mount collected.
    so u spend 40 hours or whatever to ground mount for 4 weeks? what a sh8tty reward
    I'd literally prefer to spend time afk than playing Twisting Corridor, on my 3rd run specially i was on my nerves ( i wiped because of rats on my 2nd rats on my warlock, it was perfect run, we had zero death until floor 17 then rats were on steroids, i had the best talent for demo warlock and my felguard had over 1.5 million hp and doing 60% of total dps on entire party ) and logged on my main pally and pulled REALLY slow to make sure 100% get it done, and killed every f8cking rat
    If i knew i'd wait for 2-3 exp in future when content is irrelevant and easy solo it like older raids
    Thrall