Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    its not...
    It is... for him.

Do you know what an opinion is? I think it's worth way more than $1,000.00, personally. The amount of hours of gameplay that I'll get out of this game will be FAR more than watching hundreds of movies at the theater. Time investment and enjoyment is different for everyone.

You seem like the type of person who this game isn't meant for. You probably would play it for a week or so and drop it. Meanwhile there are thousands of people STILL playing D2 right now that will switch over. These people have played d2 for over 10 years(some of them up to 20 years...).

Also, comparing a game that's not nearly as popular to one of the most popular games ever made? LOL?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I wonder if the people complaining about Blizzard/Activision also call out Capcon, Sony, Nintendo, Square, From Soft, and etc for doing the same thing, sometimes worse.
    No, hating on blizzard is the cool new thing.

If the price is too high for you don't buy it. For me price for new Volkswagen is also too high, yet I call it absurd and bash it's manufacturers over it. I also find fairly sad that the most vocal people who back up argument "it's a 20y old game" are people who have zero knowledge about game development and creating graphics (which is the major feature of this remaster). I'm more worried about the quality of this game. After Warcraft 3 I'd wait for the reviews before buying this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    This is a god damn joke.
    So is your post.

Anyway, people are willing to pay this price. Naturally some people will complain, usually those with quite limited funds - then they try to spin it around to not being about them being broke, but about the company being greedy and whatnot.

If people are on the lower end of the income scale, then yeah, those 'ol companies sure are greedy for pricing their products reasonably!!!

Christ.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    its not...other arpg's out there like grim dawn with 2 huge expansions,and far far more overall content,systems etc than d2 is 50 bucks,and you can often get it all on sale on steam for 24...also its not some always online bullshit as this remaster is surely going to be
    Diablo 2 has completely remade graphics and ui. Its not a straight uprez or even remaster. You want to die on a bridge complaining about port prices? Head over to the Nintendo thread and complain about Skyward sword at 1080p for 60 dollars. They didn't do anything to it. its 1080p and 60fps. Same graphics. Now THAT is something to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Advo View Post
    I think 30-35 would have been more reasonable for a remaster, but if they do it 'right', the price is acceptable. They are going to make fucking bank on it unless it turns into reforged v2.0
    Probably why they've set it at the high-end of prices. Compared to other new games also - no microtransactions so they have to get the $$ upfront.
    Watching the gameplay - looks so dam good.

If it sells like the original did this is gonna be big bucks earner.

its not...other arpg's out there like grim dawn with 2 huge expansions,and far far more overall content,systems etc than d2 is 50 bucks,and you can often get it all on sale on steam for 24...also its not some always online bullshit as this remaster is surely going to be
    Can't say I think Grim Dawn is worth 50 or 25 bucks. Which is why I haven't bought it.

Also popularity affects prices. If its often on sale, there is a reason for that. And its not because they are such great pals lowering it for your sake. People probably don't think 50 bucks is worth it.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-02-20 at 12:05 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Saved View Post
    The main issue here, like it was with wc3 is that if everybody looks the other away, just because we can pay 40 bucks for a reforged, ressurected, remastered, call it what you want, how much will we pay in future for a new ip or a brand new expansion?
    Infine amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I trust the team that's behind it. The Crash trilogy and Tony Hawk 1+2 remakes were pretty good.
    probably, but it's not about the team behind already, more about intentions

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    If the price is too high for you don't buy it. For me price for new Volkswagen is also too high, yet I call it absurd and bash it's manufacturers over it. I also find fairly sad that the most vocal people who back up argument "it's a 20y old game" are people who have zero knowledge about game development and creating graphics (which is the major feature of this remaster). I'm more worried about the quality of this game. After Warcraft 3 I'd wait for the reviews before buying this one.
    do you have this knowledge?

Man when games are starting to go as high as 70 dollars base this is what people cry about really REALLY????? what a bunch of nonsense.

The whole point of these remakes/remasters are to farm the nostalgic memories from their playerbase, so ofcourse its going to be pricy. And its not just Blizzard who is guilty of doing this. After WC3: Refunded I have little hope for their other games so I won't even bother buying it myself unless the reviews get good.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    No, hating on blizzard is the cool new thing.
    I wouldn't call it new tbh... Hating on Blizzard have been a thing since 2004.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

They probably had to re program the game from ground up. All the assets, models and world had to be redone.
    It isn't like they could just easily port the game to a new engine with one button. 40$ is cheap in my eyes.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    An hour of work seems good to me for this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

I'm holding off,this might get the warcraft 3 reforged treatment

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    If you don't like the price, don't pay it. The game company sets the price they want you to pay, and you can say yes, or no. You don't get to run the company and set the prices.

That's how the real world works.

Besides, surely some of you have gotten jobs since D2, haven't you? 40 bucks is pocket change if you like the game. If 40 bucks is too much, maybe you need to not be spending on games anyway?

Again, it's luxury pixels. Don't like the price, don't pay it.
    In real word we also are very free to comment and show us displease. We can also simply try to shutdown criticism, like you are trying to do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    So is your post.

Anyway, people are willing to pay this price. Naturally some people will complain, usually those with quite limited funds - then they try to spin it around to not being about them being broke, but about the company being greedy and whatnot.

If people are on the lower end of the income scale, then yeah, those 'ol companies sure are greedy for pricing their products reasonably!!!

Christ.
    It's not about being able to afford it. The product just isn't worth 40 euros to me. 20 year old reskin doesn't justify a 40e price tag. It's way overpriced compared to other products in the market, that's the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The price is fine, they had to reverse engineer the old game. Not to mention port it to consoles, make it run with current battle net, the new art assets, etc...

Get a job.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    probably, but it's not about the team behind already, more about intentions

do you have this knowledge?
    Not as much as I'd like, I only know it from graphic designer experience/pov. My point is that until you work at certain job you don't realize how complicated it is. So for me ppl crying "it's a 20 yo game" in most case don't really know what they are talking about.