Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    I think the problem is that they focused on the wrong things long time ago. Instead of a few things that work and may be customizable like changing colors or adding armor to your mount etc. they gave us as much crap as possible hoping that somewhere in the pile of 6000 things there is something you like.
    I can understand how things like the fox dragon are made when you are forced to pull out cosmetic number 50 that is restricted even more by having to fit the expansions theme somehow.
    The things that really I don’t get are the 0,00000000001% drop chance mounts.

I mean, just WHY? Take the Sha of Anger mount. Having it only proves you were retarded enough to do 7489400384 tries, once a week, with a 5 seconds fight.

Really non sense.

No your not alone. I don’t care much about it either and the same with mounts.

I like collection tier sets and weapons. By the time transmog became a reality I already had my bank fill to the brim with old sets and weps. I also care about toys that transform you in other races but couldn't care less for mounts and regular toys that have no use. Collecting mounts stopped being interesting after Wrath when the amount of mount available skyrocketed.

I care about mounts a lot. And I'm a collector, so I kinda/sorta care about toys and transmog gear, but not to the extent that I'd grind for it, but I do scan the AH and buy all the cheap transmogs and pets I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    The things that really I don’t get are the 0,00000000001% drop chance mounts.

I mean, just WHY? Take the Sha of Anger mount. Having it only proves you were retarded enough to do 7489400384 tries, once a week, with a 5 seconds fight.

Really non sense.
    I mean I just leave WoW running in a small window on my third monitor while I do other things until I see the animation whenever I can be bothered. I have 20+ characters parked there because heyo why not

@OP, I'm kinda past caring on collectables, but I do like to come up with decent looking transmog sets.

You're not the only one, there's also the WoW devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    You're not the only one, there's also the WoW devs.
    ROFL- I’ve been close to spitting out my coffee a couple of times but reading your post is the closest I’ve come hahaha God that was gold!
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

I have zero interest in PVP or any instanced content that I can't solo. But right now, I'm enjoying collecting the Covenant transmogs. It'll keep me busy for the next couple of years.

i love xmog so cosmetics are wonderful for me. that said, the game is crap right now so why would i even bother trying to collect cosmetics? i'm not going to pay $15 a month just to collect appearances in a game i can't stand to play.

I don't mind cool cosmetics, but I don't perceive them as meaningful content. If the content is shit, I won't play it to get a cosmetic if that makes sense.

You're not the only one. You're just in a minority.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped caring when I realize blizzard just plays carrot and stick on people's ocd to collect stuff
    not falling into that trap anymore
    all they do is burn out players long term, that's quite silly actually from a financial point of view

100% agree, Cosmetics are meant to be a sign of doing something impressive. You see someone with a Gladiator mount (although less impressive that it used to be), or transmogs from the mage tower, or challenge mode gear from MoP (God I wish I had bothered to get this...)

But Cosmetics that everyone gets basically just for being subbed, or ones that cost £15? Eh.

Comes down to what you enjoy in playing the game. There is no wrong way to go about it. For myself I'd rather take a 10% performance hit and think I look badass. Some people prefer to min/max and don't care about the visual so long as the math adds up to bigger numbers as there is also fun to be found in watching mobs drop when you glance in their direction. With transmog people have the opportunity to have the best of both worlds if they really want to put the time in.
    The only attitude I disagree with is "X should be gated behind Y" usually referring to requiring a high level of skill. This to me is a selfish view. Let people play and enjoy the game in their own way. There are plenty of challenges to be had for those who seek them.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    After my buddy tipped me about All The Things addon. I always have something to do in this game. When you see what you are missing you want to remove it from the list.
    I mostly play this game solo, since i can't commit to raiding or other stuff that takes time. My farming addiction takes time but i can do it at my own pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I stopped caring when I realize blizzard just plays carrot and stick on people's ocd to collect stuff
    not falling into that trap anymore
    all they do is burn out players long term, that's quite silly actually from a financial point of view
    Although, cosmetics are the only thing that you actually keep. The real carrot on a stick is gear (ilvl).

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I just can't help being shocked how much people appreciate collecting their 359th mount while they still can only use 1 at once. And they still WANT more mounts. It's just stupid.
    Lol I’ve been using my Ghastly Charger strictly since WoD (when I bought it)

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    you may not give a damn about cosmetics. But who can resist flying on that hillariously ugly foxdragon?^^

That is more of an abomination than any other creature ingame lol
    Kyrian one looks terrible too. Looks too much like that hideous Priest Owl mount. Idk how either of those two were ok'd as potential mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Although, cosmetics are the only thing that you actually keep. The real carrot on a stick is gear (ilvl).
    to be fair you're not even sure to really keep it, because blizzard can randomly modify the look of said cosmetics, for instance they removed the glow from the amani bear, changed the model from the tcg strider mount, models of some pets, things like that, while chances are low, that one thing you care about and worked on can be "lost", it's just one big scam to me really, but it's ok if people disagree with me