Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If its a choice between D2R as a faithful replica and WoW, I'd play WoW because WoW has better social features at this point. If they don't have lobbies, named games, passworded games, helper games in D2R, and the social is feature incomplete, I'm just not interested. They need to improve social to get me in.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    This is what I’m not understanding. How can anyone expect this to be 10-20 bucks? Given the work being put in, there is absolutely no logical reason to expect them to only charge 10-20 bucks. It’s threads like this that make me wonder what planet some of you live on.
    $40-50 is on the cheaper end of premium games too. Not to mention the value of Diablo 2 is absolutely huge potentially; the game can be played endlessly if it is even somewhat akin to actual Diablo 2.

I would willingly pay thousands of dollars to play the original diablo 2. And I would get money's worth even if I did actually pay a grand for the game- I probably have well over 3k hours in OG D2. Up until 2011 or so, I played D2 nearly every single day for 2-3 hours at least since 2000. That was 11-12 solid years of gaming I was very happy with the product. The only reason I stopped playing D2 is that the resolution scaling was so bad I literally can not read the text anymore.

Supposing D2r has the same gameplay systems in place, even at half longevity, that is potentially 2-3 years worth of basic gameplay value potential.

Of course, if one is a dabbler and is just not that into this type of game- there are plenty of $20-$40 and free games that offer tremendous value as well. The world is vast, bros.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I gave you an example and you decided to make an ass out of yourself with excuses and what-ifs. Just for the sake of narative that Blizzard can do no wrong.
    Could have jsut mentioned both Spyro and Crash which was three entire games each being remade from the ground up one with a new character.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Could have jsut mentioned both Spyro and Crash which was three entire games each being remade from the ground up one with a new character.
    Or Shadow of the Colossus which was one game being sold for $40, same as Diablo 2. Or Demon Soul's which is $70. Maybe Resident Evil 2/3? Both sold full price. FFVII?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Its literally part remade. Its not remastered. Diablo 2 has a ton more content than Spyro or crash but its the same price. I was surprised it wasn't 60.
    There needs to be a term for people who make up facts to fit pre-determined conclusions they like.

I see it more and more every day.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    If it’s something like what Blue Point did with Demon’s Souls I may give it a try.

But from the screenshots it does not seem the case, so I think I’ll pass. Unless they put another WoW mount under its preorder, that will probably be the case.
    One was already 3D and the other needed an entirely new renderer to make it 3D. I mean, quite a bit of effort has been put into upgrading this game while trying to maintain it's original feel. If it's done well I think it'll be fully worth the price tag attached for a lot of people.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Or Shadow of the Colossus which was one game being sold for $40, same as Diablo 2. Or Demon Soul's which is $70. Maybe Resident Evil 2/3? Both sold full price. FFVII?
    Demon souls is a complete remake for the ps5. Resident evil again complete remakes.

This is 3d models slapped onto the original code.

Im not that bothered by the price but come on people.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Demon souls is a complete remake for the ps5. Resident evil again complete remakes.

This is 3d models slapped onto the original code.

Im not that bothered by the price but come on people.
    Ah you're right, here's a better list. Majora's Mask 3D, Twilight Princess HD, Skyward Sword HD. All full price. God Of War III Remastered $40. The Last of Us Remastered $50. I could keep going.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    It's the same game with better graphics. 44$ is not worth a 20 year old game.
    and 60 fps.

It's optional to buy it guys, if 44$ for brand new game is to much, maybe don't buy it? Play the old version if its just as good....(which you won't since the remastered one will be far better to play and has had tons of development time invested in it)

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post

40 dollars for potential hundreds or thousands of hours of enjoyment?

Same value as dinner and a movie.
    "potential"
    how many from this topic will actually complete normal? 5? 6? diablo 2 is outdated game in many ways and redrawn picture will not make it better. it just plays badly

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Ah you're right, here's a better list. Majora's Mask 3D, Twilight Princess HD, Skyward Sword HD. All full price. God Of War III Remastered $40. The Last of Us Remastered $50. I could keep going.
    how the fuck one shitty example makes other shitty less shittier?

I don't mind the price. It took people time and effort to remaster the game. I never played D2 so I'm looking forward to the remaster. Hopefully they learned from the Warcraft III remaster though.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Really? After the WC3 debacle?
    Yeah why not? I played the WC3 for a month or two then got a 100% refund.

It was shit, and very disappointing but Blizzard at least have integrity to provide refunds when they screw up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    "potential"
    how many from this topic will actually complete normal? 5? 6? diablo 2 is outdated game in many ways and redrawn picture will not make it better. it just plays badly

how the fuck one shitty example makes other shitty less shittier?
    Why are you posting in a thread about a game you clearly don't rate?
    I mean people said the same about WoW Classic and here with are with Classic TBC too.

This remaster (it's not a remake) is going to be the true you think you do but you don't. Almost certainly.

Like, crucify me if you want, but D2's itemization and classes have not aged well.

All the D2 mods out there, like path of diablo and median XL, are much much better games than old D2. I suggest you play those, and for free, if you don't want to be disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    $40 for a game I'll realistically put thousands of hours into? yeah, I'm good with that
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    "potential"
    This is so ignorant that shouldn't warrant a reply, but alas, i'm feeling up for it.

After 20 years, the game is STILL played. There are huge communities, there are multiple projects revamping it, creating it as other games MODs. There are also countless fans that are eager to dive back into the game, and this remaster (which is looking amazing) promises a very good experience.

But hey, we'll all pack our bags and move along since you, dear sir, say it "just plays bad". laughable.

in case you're curious :

https://www.median-xl.com/
    https://pathofdiablo.com/
    D2 recreated on Grim Dawn - https://forums.crateentertainment.co...f-terror/35347
    D2 recreated on Starcraft 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVPe...nnel=egodbout2

but yea man, it's just a shitty game no one is interested it. what a bad ideia.

sigh

this reminds me of the old Classic argument "no one wants it! outdated game!", yet millions play it exhaustively. -millions-.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    All the D2 mods out there, like path of diablo and median XL, are much much better games than old D2. I suggest you play those, and for free, if you don't want to be disappointed.
    The hope is that some of those, MedianXL for example, follows D2:R, since it will be mod friendly. That's the dream right there.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2021-02-21 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    God, the ammount of cooperate asslicking in this thread is fucking retarded.

The getting a job and "oh, you´re to poor to get it mate" calls are fucking stupid. Even better are the ones saying that nothing can go wrong and it will be the best thing ever so shut up and suck Blizzs dick.

Fucking pathetic.
    yeah, its called fanboys. therefore the mantra Blizz use here, works perfectly: „Lets look if they pay it. after the first wave of idiots paid that price, we can still lower the price to get more customers anyway.“

its just another mantra version for „milk the cow as much as possible“. and it works great (as you see in this thread), to milk all that idi... cows. by paying Blizz instantly, whatever they want, these ppl clearly teach Blizz: It works. So Blizz let them feed their money.

The reason it works still so great is, that most ppl are simply too stupid to realize that the name „Blizzard“ and the actual company has ZERO in common with Blizzard and the guys that initially developed D2. it is just a greedy multi billion $ company, that ride on Blizzards legacy and get feeded by that idiots.

but tbh i can not critizize Blizz for above mantra. when your customers are stupid cows and feed you with money, i also would just take it.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-02-21 at 05:06 AM.

Well... Blizzard does extensive market analysis...

So what they found must be that if they drop the price by 1%, the additional new sales that generates is less than 1%.

That’s all there is to it. No “evil strategies”. Of course they COULD decide to lower the price, but that would only happen if they found that dropping the price by 1% gains them over 1% in value in additional sales and company wide marketing.

3+ Year Old Account
    someone already made the IP address: http://www.diablo2refunded.com/

I wouldn't hate on it given it's made by the Retera himself

- - - Updated - - -

I never played any Diablo game before but perhaps I can save $40 dollars and see if I can buy it if it's actually good
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's okay-ish.
    The game visuals are much better.
    Buuuuuuuuuuuut they need to work on character and monster animation. It feels stiff and 20 years old (no pun intended).
    Also, some spells need animation improvement.
    I hope they fix this so it can keep me busy until Diablo 4. But if they don't, it's gonna be a tough sell for me.