Thread: "Pay to win"

Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    *shrugs* Could be plenty of reasons, but to say the game went into a nose dive because of LFD is wrong.
    true LFD did not ruin this game the massive influx of main stream popularity (aka super casuals) ruined the game

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    true LFD did not ruin this game the massive influx of main stream popularity (aka super casuals) ruined the game
    I think there are more reasons than even that, ICC ending the WotLK with Arthas being taken out ended a lot of ties that people had from Warcraft all the way through WoW to that point. It didn't help that the following expansion was brutal in heroic dungeons and they were way too slow to make changes to it (Personally I liked it, but I'm just one person there). Super casuals have been around from Vanilla to the current day, they haven't really gone anywhere.

its a little strange but i wont lose sleep over it

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post

You know what's actually P2W, buying a WoW token on retail, selling it for gold and buying mythic+ runs
    No different from being carried by a good guild you're friends with.

It won't make you a better player.

You should go and educate yourself. Go and look at when LFD came in and look at the next year of sub numbers. Guess what happened? They went up by like 500k. Was it because of LFD? Doubt it. Might be because of ICC, who knows. You sure don't. LFD came in the ICC patch on Dec 8 2009, Here is a helpful chart for you. Amazing coincidence there indeed.
    Something new brings interest and from then on the numbers went down with only the upticks for an expansion release, maybe you should actually get some education on how to read charts.

- - - Updated - - -

I think there are more reasons than even that, ICC ending the WotLK with Arthas being taken out ended a lot of ties that people had from Warcraft all the way through WoW to that point. It didn't help that the following expansion was brutal in heroic dungeons and they were way too slow to make changes to it (Personally I liked it, but I'm just one person there). Super casuals have been around from Vanilla to the current day, they haven't really gone anywhere.
    The heroics in Burning Crusade were considered pretty brutal and still subs kept rising, Black Temple was raided by less than 5% of the player base and subs continued to rise. On the other hand I do think you are right that Arthas was a pretty big piece of lore that wasn't replaced very well in Cataclysm.

I just like that it pisses off the poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Something new brings interest and from then on the numbers went down with only the upticks for an expansion release, maybe you should actually get some education on how to read charts.
    Lol so you are blind then? Yup lfd killed the game just ignore that year of sub growth. Derp. Riiight the expansion that was over a year after the lfd patch. Just continue to be willfully ignorant it is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Of course I’m getting fuckingworked up over it. I have a fucking right to express my anger that every aspect of our lives are becoming hyper-minmaxed for profit with predatory microtransaction practices and bullshit. My question is why the FUCK aren’t more people this angry? Why the FUCK don’t people express their fucking anger anymore? It’s fucking baffling what the world is fuckijg turning to and people are taken aback when people SUDDENLY show a little bit of fucking human PASSION?
    I’m happy you got banned. You’re an idiot.

I’m thrilled to have a boost. I want to play TBC, not relive classic. If I had to level a fresh character, then I’ll miss launch day shenanigans. I missed it for classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    You’re absolutely clueless. YES dude ANY micro transactions are bad. How far you have fallen to defend this shit. ITS BLATANT CAPITALIST GREED JESUS CHRIST WHY DO U DEFEND THE NORMALIZATION OF THIS SHIT?
    They're not charging a box fee to play. Most of the people who are going to play this are already subbed. It makes sense for them to want to get some return on investment here. I hate capitalism too, but this one isn't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Literally cannot use it on draenei or belf.

Why is it that everyone whining about this literally hasn't even read how it works?
    because most ppl here on forums and also out there are stupid like a piece of wood. at least in my experience. as sad as it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    It's a p2w feature that anyone who wants to be competitive on alliance shaman or horde paladin will have to use, for sure.
    You can't use it on those characters.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I would have been more surprised if there not been a level boost. If there ever was a scenario that did call for a level boost, it would be here. This is a Burning Crusade classic server, so it makes sense that they give you the option to, ya know, actually start playing at the Burning Crusade.
    This amount of logic has no place on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher557 View Post
    Why would a bot even waste their money on a boost? They literally have scripts to boost 4-5 of their toons for free that’s fully afk.

Even if, this doesn’t make the botting problem worse lol. 1 week to hit end level compared to 3... oh no the horror. Or we could, you know, actually try to do something about the bots?
    If anything this may reduce the botting problem. If less people are buying gold to pay for boosts, there may be a reduction in gold sellers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I would have been more surprised if there not been a level boost. If there ever was a scenario that did call for a level boost, it would be here. This is a Burning Crusade classic server, so it makes sense that they give you the option to, ya know, actually start playing at the Burning Crusade.
    This guy gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelduril View Post
    No different from being carried by a good guild you're friends with.

It won't make you a better player.
    Clearly you don't know what pay to win means so don't bother

To the people who say Blizzard ruined the community......That is a funny one, it is the changing player base that ruined the community. And even in Vanilla the Community was toxic, unforgiving and in many cases terrible. But now as many of the current gamers look for something where gratification is quick and you can pick it up for 30 minutes and move to the next game, Blizzard had to adjust the game to suit the player base out there or they will just ignore the game. This is why there is a bump in players when a new raid/xpac comes and tapers off as it is cleared. They are the tourist players who come for the story and move on once they get their fill. The tourist players do not have any attachment to a community so in most cases do not contribute to it. Unlike when Vanilla came out and brought traditional MMO players together with the non MMO players into it's world and there was a huge % of new unexperienced MMO players. This is what was the cause for the original community and you will never recreate that within a game again as it was a perfect storm. This has become blatantly obvious with the "speed" run, buff dispelling, world buff hording meta that in place in Classic that is one of the most toxic environments I have played in... EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyE View Post
    I just like that it pisses off the poor people.
    loool, i cant believe i just read this

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    Clearly you don't know what pay to win means so don't bother
    No, it's you who doesn't know. You can buy 1000 tokens and sell them for gold, it won't make you a Gladiator level player.

As for the people claiming it is pay to win.....they are not winning anything by doing this. They get to skip 5 days played of boring content that they have been through before. But this time there is not the ability to hop in leveling groups and you will likely end up paying gold to get power leveled. So I am guessing many of the complaining party are mages that are going to lose some of their income source. Lastly for the guy who asked about buying a full set of BIS gear, one it is not pay to win, secondly that is completely counter intuitive to blizzards plans as this will stop players from farming high content week in week out as they no longer need to get the gear and thus lowers subscription numbers. So if you are going to make a hypothetical situation, then please actually do it on one that would happen.

Classic boomers want everyone to start from lvl 1 (except them ofc) cause they endured the amazing pain and boring path that is gearing yourself in classic so they deserve that privilege when going to tbc, jokes on you i bet these guys are the same that loved titanforging and the only argument they had was "stop being jealous about other people loot", and yet here they are.
    Last edited by Frozenbro; 2021-02-21 at 09:39 AM.

Lol so you are blind then? Yup lfd killed the game just ignore that year of sub growth. Derp. Riiight the expansion that was over a year after the lfd patch. Just continue to be willfully ignorant it is ok.
    you are trying to knock some sense in a person who earlier in thread compared decline of community in wow to holocaust (and somehow didnt even get infracted),
    i think you are wasting time if you think he will understand anything...