Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I also want a ferrari but it doesnt just magically appear in my driveway.

Some things in life are ment to be earned.
    And they surely do not belong to video games realm.

Having a lot of spare time does not require ANY particular skill, you can have it or you can’t and if you can’t it does not depend on you 9 times on 10.

So glad that during these 15 years Blizzard understood it and made retail not being anymore the nolifers grind park vanilla was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    whichever one whispers me first, why is it relevant? for me it would be hypothetical, only because, I don't have to take either of them really. you're unlikely to be presented with a scenario stacked this way, like there are only 2 dps in the entire world that you can invite and if the instance drops below 50mph it'll explode? common it never clear cut like that. you have to invite one, I don't have to invite any one. this is where it wouldn't affect me I probably won't get chance to invite 58s fresh from levelling or the ones that were created. my guild is going to probably spam me to tank dungeons until the end of time when bc launches and I still don't know if i'm prepared for that level of group spamming. will I group with some 58s maybe, maybe not. I still would rather,. talking about dungeon runs here, I would rather, take someone who has sorted out their action bars downloaded their addons sorted out the UI, over someone who has literally just created a 58 and started saying 'lfg ramparts' I would not really want to take that guy and have to wait for him to fix his character. this is a scenario you know is going to happen because of these premades. you will get some ppl who just fail and it ends up causing wipes.
    It’s relevant because your original argument was boosters are going to be shit. Considering the current mage boost meta, you’re either getting a “shit” mage boosted char or a blizzard boosted char. Then you talked about who had the most gear. Relevance is established by asking which boosted character you would take assuming equal gear. Now you’re talking about addons and ui as if that matters one iota for leveling. Remember, I mentioned equal skill as well. But in the end you pretty much say you don’t care so all your attempts at arguing boosting being shit, or effort, or whatever else are completely meaningless

and I hold to that, the moment that character is created they will likely be shit and will indeed require some effort placed into them to make them good, both the character and the ui that controls said character. this doesn't happen instantaneously. its going to take some, you guessed it, effort.

i'm still not sure what your overall point is beyond arguing for the sake of arguing. keep going my dude its hilarious. i'm not sure what your problem is at all, you've typed countless walls of hypothetical bullshit and said nothing about what your actually arguing about.

i've answered your questions. but your questions are just that questions you haven't said anything about what you're arguing for or against. do you want pre mades, you do and I said ppl that make premades are shit, and that pissed you off so now you're quoting everything I say for fucking god knows what reason after i've explain in depth exactly what effort means... make sense or fuck off quoting me and ranting about inane bullshit. make a character, boost a character to 58 i don't care what you do, do it or don't do it. it won't impact me. at all. in any measurable way.

i've answered your questions learn to read.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-02-21 at 03:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    and I hold to that, the moment that character is created they will likely be shit and will indeed require some effort placed into them to make them good, both the character and the ui that controls said character. this doesn't happen instantaneously. its going to take some, you guessed it, effort.
    You can’t prove that at all. Your argument also goes against the question of equally skilled characters. You literally do not know what my ui or action bar setup looks like. Who is better: someone with literally every addon installed or someone with the base ui and nothing else? (Remember the screenshots of raids with the entire screen filled with ui elements?)

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Who cares that it's not on retail? It's worse, it's on classic...where progression is supposed to mean something. Now you can just buy your way to 50 and even get a mount. Sickening, really.

Totally anti-classic ethos.
    No its not, your an idiot and a noob. L2P.

I was leveling toons in 3 days time, it was meaningless and trivial. Ive leveled probably 30 or more toons to max in my 13 years playing, why would I want to grind through ANOTHER 70 levels just to play endgame content, which is WHY they release Classic servers. For people to enjoy the endgame content they missed out on, not the leveling. Come on dude, QQ moar.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    You can’t prove that at all. Your argument also goes against the question of equally skilled characters. You literally do not know what my ui or action bar setup looks like. Who is better: someone with literally every addon installed or someone with the base ui and nothing else? (Remember the screenshots of raids with the entire screen filled with ui elements?)
    I don't need to know thats the thing, I don't invite ppl to groups ppl ask me to tank and I say yes or no.
    if my bro is making the group, its likely no pugs in there, I pug occasionally, I won't be grouped with these 58s. i'm more likely to end up helping someone get a paladin to 70 if I try to do anything specific. or favour anyone specific, it would be a pala. i'm just not going to be in a position where, i'm surrounded by 58s and i'm having a mental break down over who levelled up and who didn't. and some endless conundrum about who to invite to a 5 man. its most likely going to be me questing, until someone from my guild asks me to run dungeons and at that point, because my guild is doing naxx, there won't be a shortage of guildies wanting to get to 70. i would rather quest than run dungeons with a bunch of premade 58s. and avoid that shit show altogether. it might be fun but I don't really enjoy wiping in t3 just for the lols, it was funny for a while but at some point you don't want it to be a cluster fuck anymore.

its not really elitist its just that i've done that, i've done the wiping and the failing and the getting used to it, now its nice to just have smooth runs whenever possible.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-02-21 at 03:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

i'm still not sure what your overall point is beyond arguing for the sake of arguing. keep going my dude its hilarious. i'm not sure what your problem is at all, you've typed countless walls of hypothetical bullshit and said nothing about what your actually arguing about.

i've answered your questions. but your questions are just that questions you haven't said anything about what you're arguing for or against. do you want pre mades, you do and I said ppl that make premades are shit, and that pissed you off so now you're quoting everything I say for fucking god knows what reason after i've explain in depth exactly what effort means... make sense or fuck off quoting me and ranting about inane bullshit. make a character, boost a character to 58 i don't care what you do, do it or don't do it. it won't impact me. at all. in any measurable way.

i've answered your questions learn to read.
    Except you haven’t. You’ve jumped all over with boosters being shit, then when challenged with mage boosting you mentioned gear, then when challenged with gear you mention professions, then when challenged on that you say you don’t care, then you roundabout back to boosters being shit and ui/actionbar setups. I don’t care one way or another, but if you’re going to say boosters will be shit, you better have some proof they will be and how you’ll know to exclude them from your groups. My hypotheticals are 100% relevant to the discussion. If boosters are shit, why and how is the current mage boosting situation any different?

Quote Originally Posted by silentk59 View Post
    your an idiot
    the irony is tangible

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't need to know thats the thing, I don't invite ppl to groups ppl ask me to tank and I say yes or no.
    So why mention ui at all if you don’t need to know? Again, you aren’t going to know if mclovin or mcluvin boosted considering equal gear and skill. An equal amount of people leveling 1-58 are going to be trash at the game as those who boost. Same as those playing base ui and literally every addon

That's what they've done with every expansion for years. The principle is you bought that expansion, want to play that expansion, so here's a shortcut to start playing that expansion specifically. Re-releasing these like they're new expansions, I'm not surprised.

Assuming this only works on the BC server and you can't in any way reverse it to get a level 60 on the classic server, I'm not against it.

Does make me wonder if they're going to charge extra for the expansion re-release + this service though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    HAHAHA. Fucking hell Blizzard, have you no shame? Let's start off TBC with allowing people to boost and buy a mount...that's unthinkable. Only Blizzard.
    its just a token, one use for a "new expansion "

grow up. :/

because again like i've said i won't be grouping with you, but if you've just spawned into the game and are, straight away, lfr ramparts, good luck to you, and your group. i wish you well. and indeed hope that it goes perfectly fine. can't promise that it will. but i can choose whether or not i'm part of it.

generally speaking when it comes to groups and shit players the game kinda just makes it apparent over time, ppl wiping heroic groups continually are going to get themselves booted from the group, you're gunna have to put some level of effort into this game and it will show if you don't.

i didn't actually ignore many ppl in classic this time around, while we were levelling I did have a guy, might be pure coincidence but it seemed too much for me, after getting a bit frustrated and burned out tanking my way to 60, I get groups with a dude named 'itwasmypet' now this guy manages to ass pull and wipe the groups i make multiple times, not a couple of time, but multiple times in different groups now he earned a place on my ignore list for being too freaking annoying or too much of an on the nose coincidence but i rarely do this unless someone is pretty much deliberately failing. if you continually mess up you're gunna get the boot. I would prefer that ppl put in some amount of effort so that they don't get the boot.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-02-21 at 04:01 PM.

because again like i've said i won't be grouping with you, but if you've just spawned into the game and are, straight away, lfr ramparts, good luck to you, and your group. i wish you well. and indeed hope that it goes perfectly fine. can't promise that it will. but i can choose whether or not i'm part of it.

generally speaking when it comes to groups and shit players the game kinda just makes it apparent over time, ppl wiping heroic groups continually are going to get themselves booted from the group, you're gunna have to put some level of effort into this game and it will show if you don't.

i didn't actually ignore many ppl in classic this time around, while we were levelling I did have a guy, might be pure coincidence but it seemed too much for me, after getting a bit frustrated and burned out tanking my way to 60, I get groups with a dude named 'itwasmypet' now this guy manages to ass pull and wipe the groups i make multiple times, not a couple of time, but multiple times in different groups now he earned a place on my ignore list for being too freaking annoying but i rarely do this unless someone is pretty much deliberately failing. if you continually mess up you're gunna get the boot. I would prefer that ppl put in some amount of effort so that they don't get the boot.
    Honest question, do you think the people who are hyped for tbc enough to drop the money to buy a boost on the expansion is just going to be completely lost when they get their level 58?

I know it’s anecdotal but I have 3 friends coming back to tbc who obviously use to play a lot of tbc (which is why they are hyped for it), we use to be bt/partial sunwell raiders, do you really think these people will struggle in ramparts?

completely lost no but there is some amount of preparation involved right the moment you have your new character, some dudes who used to be sunwell raiders, I didn't do much sunwell back then but i did clear MH and BT, I know what to expect, I don't have forsight over how i'm going to be either specced or where my current abilties will be moved to where they'll better be lined up. i will most likely have addon issues, but thankfully i don't rely on healbot anymore if thats updated during the beta then hopefully the addon thing will be a non issue in terms of the time it takes you to get the ones you need and ofc set them up the way you want them to be. doing this in the middle of a raid or dungeon isn't that great.

its been over 15 years right since bc, I dunno my dude will your friends have problems in ramparts or not, they are your friends not mine. i remember doing heroic ramparts years ago as the first heroic thinking that, its the first dungeon it'll be the easiest, well the ravager at the start stunned the druid tank and the 2 adds came in and melted the tank in a single GCD so you tell me my dudes, will anyone have trouble with ramparts because I actually remember heroics that were quite punchy in the beginning and the first heroic i ever did was pretty much a wipe in the first pull so it went off well. without CC its definitely going to hurt at least in the beginning.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-02-21 at 04:12 PM.

completely lost no but there is some amount of preparation involved right the moment you have your new character, some dudes who used to be sunwell raiders, I didn't do much sunwell back then but i did clear MH and BT, I know what to expect, I don't have forsight over how i'm going to be either specced or where my current abilties will be moved to where they'll better be lined up. i will most likely have addon issues, but thankfully i don't rely on healbot anymore if thats updated during the beta then hopefully the addon thing will be a non issue in terms of the time it takes you to get the ones you need and ofc set them up the way you want them to be. doing this in the middle of a raid or dungeon isn't that great.

its been over 15 years right since bc, I dunno my dude will your friends have problems in ramparts or not, they are your friends not mine. i remember doing heroic ramparts years ago as the first heroic thinking that, its the first dungeon it'll be the easiest, well the ravager at the start stunned the druid tank and the 2 adds came in and melted the tank in a single GCD so you tell me my dudes, will anyone have trouble with ramparts because I actually remember heroics that were quite punchy in the beginning. without CC its definitely going to hurt at least in the beginning.
    I’m really not trying to sound rude here, and I know you said you “aren’t anymore”, but I would wager a majority of the playerbase isn’t reliant on addons like healbot to play the game in tbc....

I know tbc heroics can be quite tough, but leveling 1-58 isn’t going to prepare you for anything tbc is going to throw at you. Wanding boars in westfall isn’t going to help you learn how to fights bosses in heroics. If someone is bad at 1-58, they are going to be bad at heroics, regardless if they boosted or not.

I don't need it as a tank but I could bind intervene to it in BC, pretty sure we got intervene, I mostly just use it as a raid frame for my warrior, as a healer i've always used healbot. for a long time i used raid frame like ct_raid or xperl for targets and used healbot for actually direct click healing. after a while I eventually figured out how to bind flash heal and auto target together and got rid of needing frames for targets, although essentially the pace of the combat got too fast for it to matter as a priest in legion it reach that point where the first thing you were going to cast assuming you did need to actually target someone and not just heal them directly, would be flash heal followed by whatever. in other words it didn't matter to me if i had to stop cast all the time or constantly let flash heals go off because, the damage required it anyway. basically for non healers, healbot or anything healing frame, by default no matter which class you are, its going to bind LMB left click to your fast heal, for priest thats flash heal for palas FoL etc. after a while you'll get used to this. I did'nt want to lose my LMB's ability to select a target, while also not wanting multiple raid frames showing the same thing. the best you get is auto target and casting your most spammed heal, combined with, stop casting by moving when you don't have to let it cast.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2021-02-21 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    wait once per account, uh, how would that work?
    I don't get it
    so if I don't use it I will have a boost sitting there forever on the character screen for the many decades to come? lol
    Yes. I've never used any of my free boosts that you get with each expansion. So they're all sitting there, patiently waiting to be used. Sometimes I think about using one, especially when I'm trying to level a class I don't like (mainly priest), just to make it easier, but I hold off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    wait i justs checked its a lvl 40 mount not a epic mount, who cares.
    Is a level 40 mount now not an epic mount?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

I don't think I'll be dedicating that much time to TBC since Shadowlands is so good, but the boost is great since I can switch classes as I don't really feel like continuing my priest that I got to AQ and have nice gear but stopped playing cus the game is kinda boring and easy

Though I also played TBC back in the day and with how the player base is now, it's also going to be boring and easy tbh.

3+ Year Old Account
    Think of it as a catch up mechanic. I haven't touch Classic since like September so it's great for me haha
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Yes. I've never used any of my free boosts that you get with each expansion. So they're all sitting there, patiently waiting to be used. Sometimes I think about using one, especially when I'm trying to level a class I don't like (mainly priest), just to make it easier, but I hold off.

- - - Updated - - -

Is a level 40 mount now not an epic mount?
    No a level 40 mount is 60%. Which means 99.9% of these boosts will spend the entirety of 58-70 on a 60% mount and will have to spend all their money leveling on a 100%, so most of them won’t even have a flying mount at end level until they farm.