Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Three keys remain

That raises some questions for me.

Assuming that the keys are located in Bastion, Maldraxxus, Ardenweald and Revendreth, with their respective leaders.

What about the Revendreth key? If the Eternal ones got the keys, like Kyrestia had one, who got the Revendreth key? Because if Denathrius got one, he could have given the key already to Zovaal.
    Does that also mean, that the whole Primus = Runecarver thing is also wrong. Zovaal could have taken the key from his prisoner long time ago.

There is also the possibility of a key in Oribos, with the Arbiter.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by derdaplo View Post

Assuming that the keys are located in Bastion, Maldraxxus, Ardenweald and Revendreth, with their respective leaders.

What about the Revendreth key? If the Eternal ones got the keys, like Kyrestia had one, who got the Revendreth key? Because if Denathrius got one, he could have given the key already to Zovaal.
    Does that also mean, that the whole Primus = Runecarver thing is also wrong. Zovaal could have taken the key from his prisoner long time ago.

What do you guys think?
    yea this bothered me too. why doesn't he have Denatrius key. if he has the primus he should have that key to. and now he has bastion key. so that leaves one not three

10+ Year Old Account
    3 patches remain

I think Denathrius' key is 'combined' in the amulets that the venthyr covenant makes you collect (one is still missing if I remember correctly).

The Primus' key is obviously in the runeblade he left for us specifically. He knew shit was about to go down so he hid it there.

I think it's safe to assume that the Winter Queen has the key on herself tho. We will have Anduind assault Ardenweald in 9.1 opening anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    yea this bothered me too. why doesn't he have Denatrius key. if he has the primus he should have that key to. and now he has bastion key. so that leaves one not three
    I believe the Primus, the Runecarver, hid his key and shattered his memories so the Jailer couldn't find it. I also believe there are 5 keys total; the Archon's, Primus', Denathrius', Winter Queen's, and his own. He has the Archon's and Denathrius', while the Arbiter possesses his. This is also going off of the "Five keys to open the way. Five torches to light our path" prophecy.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

7+ Year Old Account
    That is only if the key is specifically part of the Eternal ones.
    Which could very well not be the case.

For example, the Night fae key is most probably in the heart of the forest rather than in the Winter Queen.
    And the Primus is supposed to be a tactical, foreseeing genius, i doubt he would leave his key on him when he expected his own defeat, according to the message he left us.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

What do you guys think?
    also worth noting that this could be a reference to the Il'gynoth line.

as for the keys themselves, we know Zovaal has his one and now the Bastion one. Revendreth's could be hidden somewhere, I don't think Denathrius would've given it up until he absolutely had to. Ardenweald's is probably with the Winter Queen. as for the Maldraxxus one... I have a feeling that the Runecarver is the Primus and when he realised he was going to be beaten by Zovaal he threw his key deep into a realm of the Shadowlands. which is why Zovaal brings that new area into the Maw

What do you guys think?
    thought exactly the same. my conclusion: the keys can not be stored at the Cov (Kyrian, Nightfae etc) Captains. i assume the other 3 are hidden somehwere else.

otherwise it would make zero senso, because, as you said, he already would have the Revendreth key from Denathrius. so he should talk about 2 left. not even Blizz is that stupid.

But: There is another option left. Nowhere in the video it was said that there are 4 keys. ppl just assume this cause of 4 factions. but there is still the possibility that there is a fifth key, i.e. in oribos (as someone above said) or in patch 9.2. maybe there are 3 left of 5 because he now has 2. who knows...

or, option 3: its all BS and bad writing. and in 10 months no one cares.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    also worth noting that this could be a reference to the Il'gynoth line.

as for the keys themselves, we know Zovaal has his one and now the Bastion one. Revendreth's could be hidden somewhere, I don't think Denathrius would've given it up until he absolutely had to. Ardenweald's is probably with the Winter Queen. as for the Maldraxxus one... I have a feeling that the Runecarver is the Primus and when he realised he was going to be beaten by Zovaal he threw his key deep into a realm of the Shadowlands. which is why Zovaal brings that new area into the Maw
    at least

"The boy king serves at the masters table"

became true
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-02-21 at 07:11 PM.

The remaining keys are Heart of the Forest (Ardenweald), Primus's Key (Hidden in The Sepulcher, which Primus warns us to protect and not allow Jailer to reach), and Zovaal's Heart a.k.a the black orb in the Arbiter's chest, Primus also calls Arbiter "The Final Key" in the same line that he mentions the Sepulcher at the end of the Maldraxxus questline. He already has Denathrius's which is why he replies with "Denathrius has served his purpose" to Sylvanas.
    Last edited by Adoxe; 2021-02-21 at 07:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly was the first key though? to me it seems like he just kill that angel lady and took her soul in Frostm... I mean Shalamourne, so maybe the keys are their souls. None other had their souls stolen so 3 keys remain :-/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    What exactly was the first key though? to me it seems like he just kill that angel lady and took her soul in Frostm... I mean Shalamourne, so maybe the keys are their souls. None other had their souls stolen so 3 keys remain :-/
    It's not her soul.

Kyrestia is still alive.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    It's their hearts. Hearts seem to be the common theme in SL, first it was Jailer's missing heart, then Arbiter's black orb in place of her heart, then Heart of the Forest and now Archon gets stabbed in the heart. Hearts are the keys, and just like when Lich King cut out his own heart in WOTLK, they can keep on "living" without it hence why Jailer and now the Archon are still around.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    i cannot express how much i want zovaal to get all of the keys and actually do something
    Same! I'm curious how he'd look at full power, if nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Same! I'm curious how he'd look at full power, if nothing else.
    He's going to, the trend of Warcraft stories lately is villains get their stuff they need and when its time to unleash hell(No pun intended don't kill me pls) thats when they get stopped.

(See how Azshara lead us to the Prison of N'zoth, see how close we got to N'zoth mind enslaving us until we melted his fleshy ass. See how Sargeras was literally covering up Azeroth but the Titans used Argus's lifeforce to imprison him).

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    I had assume “The Master” would be the void lords. Is Zovaal in league with the void? Is that why the others turned on him and locked him up? Maybe the end goal is to shatter the barrier between the void real and reality.

Didn't want to spam but, I think that quote is just coincidence. Not sure Blizzard had planned the major story points of SL by then. That said, no Zovaal is basically the figure of Death and Void hates Death. They are opposed
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-02-21 at 07:55 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post

at least

"The boy king serves at the masters table"

became true
    I had assume “The Master” would be the void lords. Is Zovaal in league with the void? Is that why the others turned on him and locked him up? Maybe the end goal is to shatter the barrier between the void real and reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

The Primus seems smarter then most Warcraft characters and knew the Jailer was getting up to shit. It wouldn't surprise me if he hid his key in the sepulchre.

So my guess guess is he has vampire as well as the archons.

I guessing the give are the four leveling zones and the Arbiter.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    The Primus seems smarter then most Warcraft characters and knew the Jailer was getting up to shit. It wouldn't surprise me if he hid his key in the sepulchre.

So my guess guess is he has vampire as well as the archons.

I guessing the give are the four leveling zones and the Arbiter.
    Given that the Primus' recorded message flat-out told us the Arbiter has the final key, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Given that the Primus' recorded message flat-out told us the Arbiter has the final key, probably.
    I had forgotten that part of his message :L

God I hope the Primus isn't the Runecarver (or he gets fixed sooner rather then later). That man is on top of shit!!

you will take they keys from the jailer and odyn and anduin will open a portal releasing the void lords into reality seamlessly transitioning to a void expansion.
    its all in the ilgynoth whispers
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2021-02-21 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    you will take they keys from the jailer and odyn and anduin will open a portal releasing the void lords into reality seamlessly transitioning to a void expansion
    I'm guessing you mention Odyn because of the "Lord of Ravens" line? And with all the mentions of keys? Honestly, I think you're right. Whatever the Jailer is doing it's going to break everything, not just the Shadowlands.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing