Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There's a one video in that article where some guy calls Sire denathrius a faggot and they're saying that's a mean thing to do, because it's homophobic slur. lmao

Oversensitive snowflakes.

The bad words aren't bad if you're using them in that way. There's a difference between calling your homosexual friend "a fucking faggot" while being aggresive towards him/her and calling a boss in a video game.
    There are plenty of "niggers" in the rap/hip-hop and no one gives a damn. The thing that matters is context.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    And yet, I'm guessing you go out of your way to not say it.

Or, you can always prove me wrong.
    I also think people mugging people is stupid, but I don't routinely do things that are likely to get me mugged like walking through a ghetto with wads of cash dripping out of my pockets. What is your point? Philosophy and reality often don't jive. How people act and react isn't always rational. Oblivion is right, though. Just because someone says a word doesn't inherently indicate anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ima be real with you, it's a big reason why I decided to quit WoW. The better I got, the more racist fucks I'd encounter and when I called them out on it, I'd just be laughed at and no one would stand up for me. I remember saying that I was leaving my guild because they had a few members that were racist in a guild app and then they proceeded to call me a slur and laugh at the fact that I dared to apply to their guild.

I don't think every top WoW guild is racist, but a lot of the higher ranked guilds have racists that they refuse to call out and it makes it very uncomfortable for any minorities. I feel like slight mostly harmless comments were more common back in the day, but now I think racism is a bit less common, but far more severe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    There's a one video in that article where some guy calls Sire denathrius a faggot and they're saying that's a mean thing to do, because it's homophobic slur. lmao

Oversensitive snowflakes.

The bad words aren't bad if you're using them in that way. There's a difference between calling your homosexual friend "a fucking faggot" while being aggresive towards him/her and calling a boss in a video game.
    There are plenty of "niggers" in the rap/hip-hop and no one gives a damn. The thing that matters is context.
    Yeah and what if you're raiding with a homosexual person who gets upset because they've been called that in real life while people have been aggressive towards them? You just want an excuse to be an asshole without any consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I also think people mugging people is stupid, but I don't routinely do things that are likely to get me mugged like walking through a ghetto with wads of cash dripping out of my pockets. What is your point? Philosophy and reality often don't jive. How people act and react isn't always rational. Oblivion is right, though. Just because someone says a word doesn't inherently indicate anything.
    And when dipshits continuously drop N-bombs, calling them racist is entirely justified.

Once again, he could prove me wrong, just by saying it. If it's not as bad as he claims, then he should have no problem typing it out.

Of course, we all know it's just bullshit, and an attempt to deflect for racist fuckwits.

Woah semi-anonymous/anonymous people say inflammatory and disgusting stuff to each other online? NO WAY!

I can't think of a single game community that I have been a part of that doesn't have a small % of people that say this type of crap. But if you get outside of your bubble you will see that the entire world is actually pretty racist, hateful, and fights over nonsensical things. So why does young, uneducated people playing a video game for a living surprise you when it comes out?

That said, there is no place for any of that behavior. But young and dumb folks will continue to be young and dumb. Wish people could stop being shitty to their fellow humans, but we all know that won't ever happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Gaming community in general has a racist problem... This isn't new or news. And probably nothing will change either.

GAMERS(TM) gonna be idiots.
    If we keep shining a light on this behavior and calling these people out, then at the very least these racist assholes won't feel comfortable spewing their bullshit and it'll make the community a more comfortable place for PoC and LGBT people.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    If we keep shining a light on this behavior and calling these people out, then at the very least these racist assholes won't feel comfortable spewing their bullshit and it'll make the community a more comfortable place for PoC and LGBT people.
    Maybe if you get a police force to monitor their behavior 24/7 irl.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    So your saying the only thing from stopping you from using Hate speech right now is because you have an real life police officer following you around? Or could it be that you know its wrong? So why can't others be held to that standard? That is part of the systemic problem facing a lot of communities.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Yes because that's totally what I said. Telling someone that's saying racist/homophobic shit to stop is totally the same as getting police to camp outside their house.

The amount of stealth defense in this thread for bigotry shows the problem isn't just "top guilds" but the world as a whole that needs to get their shit together. Stop defending and allowing hate speech, call the bigots on their shit and maybe they can reflect on it and become a better person. Enabling them with your shitty defenses makes you part of the problem.

Doubtful, given human nature.

But hey, Star Trek's bright future is right around the corner. You keep trying. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    ... and then...

Literally next sentence is total negation of previous one.
    Holy sht...
    I guess I have to go to the beach tomorrow and get a tan. Better start being less white.

Ima be real with you, it's a big reason why I decided to quit WoW. The better I got, the more racist fucks I'd encounter and when I called them out on it, I'd just be laughed at and no one would stand up for me. I remember saying that I was leaving my guild because they had a few members that were racist in a guild app and then they proceeded to call me a slur and laugh at the fact that I dared to apply to their guild.

I don't think every top WoW guild is racist, but a lot of the higher ranked guilds have racists that they refuse to call out and it makes it very uncomfortable for any minorities. I feel like slight mostly harmless comments were more common back in the day, but now I think racism is a bit less common, but far more severe.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah and what if you're raiding with a homosexual person who gets upset because they've been called that in real life while people have been aggressive towards them? You just want an excuse to be an asshole without any consequences.
    then that person needs to grow up and stop crying over words.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The amount of stealth defense in this thread for bigotry shows the problem isn't just "top guilds" but the world as a whole that needs to get their shit together. Stop defending and allowing hate speech, call the bigots on their shit and maybe they can reflect on it and become a better person. Enabling them with your shitty defenses makes you part of the problem.
    words are just words. get over it, mean words dont hurt you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    How can it be a mean word if it isn't designed to hurt? It would just be a word then. That is where this type of argument for hate speech falls flat. You know the word has a meaning and you just don't care. It is no longer ignorance but intentionally using the words. And I am pretty sure you also know words can hurt even with out knowing your age. If you don't then you've been an amazingly sheltered bubble.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

When those words are often accompanied with threats of violence, they stop becoming "just words," but clearly you've never experienced bigotry in your life and you seem to be completely lacking in empathy so I don't expect you to understand.

- - - Updated - - -

If words are just words, why are you so terrified of using a word you swear isn't racist?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So your saying the only thing from stopping you from using Hate speech right now is because you have an real life police officer following you around? Or could it be that you know its wrong? So why can't others be held to that standard? That is part of the systemic problem facing a lot of communities.
    I don't think you got what I'm saying.

Just because people don't yell this shit in public doesn't mean they don't think it or that they won't say it among friends. They'll say it in essentially private discord circles, or at home in each other's presence.

So what's your solution for cleansing this unacceptable "impurity" from culture if we follow your train of logic?

- - - Updated - - -

Yes because that's totally what I said. Telling someone that's saying racist/homophobic shit to stop is totally the same as getting police to camp outside their house.
    You're stating that someone has to stop them saying it among themselves in what are essentially their own circles because "it is heckin unacceptable." So what's the next step if you get them to stop saying any such thing among themselves over the internet in effectively private channels? It's not suddenly going to change their minds when you succeed at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    If words are just words, why are you so terrified of using a word you swear isn't racist?
    forums have rules, this one has very wishy washy mods so i dont feel the need to make a point and get banned on this forum. there are many things i wouldnt type on this specific forum. lots of SJW's ready to ban lmfao

would i say words people deem "hate speech" around friends, yep. do i care when i hear people say any type of "hate speech", nope.

- - - Updated - - -

When those words are often accompanied with threats of violence, they stop becoming "just words," but clearly you've never experienced bigotry in your life and you seem to be completely lacking in empathy so I don't expect you to understand.
    words dont hurt. they are words. people need to get over it and grow up.

Peeps defending this are probably the first to cry about being called mayo monkeys.

I can't take any of you seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by GongBaoChicken View Post
    Peeps defending this are probably the first to cry about being called mayo monkeys.

I can't take any of you seriously.
    that is an amazing thing to call someone. holy shit. im stealing that.