Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    some of the best jokes involve race, you are missing out lmfao

only idiots (sjw's) would label them as racists and feel "disgust", no normal person would hear a joke and think, this person believes their race is superior to this other race, which is what makes someone a racist.
    This is the sort of thing racists think to themselves to try and distance themselves from neo nazis. I respect neo nazis more than I respect you. At least they don't lie to themselves and try to pass off their self hating as "it's just a joke". This is just pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by NordWitcher View Post
    Ok but them you don’t get to cry about it later if you talking “free speech” and that is your argument. You can’t have it both ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you should stop being ignorant. You took out a sentence out of context to say what you wanted to say. I could do the same but would only be wasting my time with an ignorant troll.
    I'm not sure what you even mean. I'm supporting their free speech. They should be able to be racist, and say racist shit. People should be free to let the world know that they are being racist shitbags. Others should be free to decide if they want to associate with those racist shitbags.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Sure. every gamer posts gorilla pictures with an underlying racist implication. Is it one of those "I am racist, therefore, everyone is racist (I hope)" or what?
    Ever heard of the term gamer word? Was kinda jokingly implying toxicity and racist slurs are not something new in the gaming sphere and this doesn't come as a surprise. You probably can't name a game in which people can communicate with each other where slurs have never been used to insult or trigger other people.
    The fact that it's top end guilds or lfr heroes doesn't matter per se, obviously if those people are part of sponsored teams they should at least keep those sentiments for themselves as they stand to lose the most when this kind of thing go public.
    The people exposed here are fucking idiots , but realistically what can anybody do? No such thing as a cure from racism and ideologies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    The people exposed here are fucking idiots , but realistically what can anybody do? No such thing as a cure from racism and ideologies.
    Sure there is. Which is why some parts of the world has improved over the years. You keep calling it out, correcting it, and not normalizing it with "Oh its just a gamer word". It is silly to hold the belief that people can't stop being racist and therefore there is no reason to stop hate speech. People can grow more tolerant or they can become more intolerant.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by CcB View Post
    I was a 15-year-old at the time of these actions. I'm also an African-American person who was punished for thinking and trusting my thoughts which conditioned me not to until later on in life. Which occured in my home life which stemmed from centuries of systemic or institutional racism causing stress and promoting ignorance in the black community which influenced my family's inhuman behavior. I regretfully never recorded these interactions but eight to nine ago during MoP due to never being taught the power of foresight and planning. Lip, who now raids in Limit incessantly called me n***** as a nickname. This occurred for several months upto a year. This person is I imagine is a few years older than me so I can imagine when they surely understood taking advantage of somebody's ignorance for their own entertainment. This same guild that blessed this behavior also had a channel in mumble called n***** hanging shade tree when this member was an officer in it.

When I managed to defeat M: Blackhand in a top ten US guild, I put in my real-id "n*****hand is dead." As I was going through an issue with addiction and desperately wanted to quit so unconsciously attempted to ruin my chances of being recruited by guilds. Though it could have been an early sign of psychosis also. Absolutely nobody on my list which was composed of many high-end USA raiders said not a word to me about the unacceptable behavior. Nor did I notice a single person remove me from their list at the time. This issue has been going on for so long and will continue to do so unless everybody regardless of their position of leadership starts to actively confront, punish, and rehabilitate people who show racism whether it be casual or blatant. The documentation of these incidents is integral and should be ushered to leadership's of the respective guild the member is in. I believe that change im this video game seems to occur from a top to bottom flow as those people prodominatey affect the culture.
    Hello Cocoabutters,

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic here or what..? Regardless, out of all the people who actually said harmful things in the guilds we were in, including ourselves, Lip was certainly not one of those people. This can be attested to by every other person who has ever raided with him. Lip is not and never was the edgy racist shitlord type that commonly resides in top guilds. I can think of at least 30 other people that you have raided with in the past who might actually deserve to be outed, and again, Lip is absolutely not one of those people

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    This is the sort of thing racists think to themselves to try and distance themselves from neo nazis. I respect neo nazis more than I respect you. At least they don't lie to themselves and try to pass off their self hating as "it's just a joke". This is just pathetic.

or maybe it is just a joke lmfao talk about dramatics.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    or maybe it is just a joke lmfao talk about dramatics.
    I thought words were words. How can they now be dramatic if they are not allowed other emotions like hate? Also since you pretty much said you and your family have no problem with racist and other hate speech isn't it a tad cowardly to shy away from a racist label now?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    You have very little understanding on what’s it is like to be a minority in America.

If you are so well informed in American history they why do you insist that minority’s need to “get over it”.

To me it seems you learned American history from a white washed book that glances over the history of minorities in America.

To put it in some perspective for you minorities in America have only had 57 years of protected civil rights. Civil Rights act of 1964 Incase you forgot.

Even with the act there is still systemic racism in many aspects of American society.
    being a minority in the usa is the same as being a non minority. same rights. same laws. same everything, only those seeking handouts suggest otherwise

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    I´m sorry this happend to you. I do wonder though, when I read/see stories like this, why did you not report them?
    "Calling out", like this thread doesnt fix the Issue. If issues get reported, people get punished.
    Who exactly should I have reported that to? Posts like that on the official WoW forums get deleted and the poster a ban for shaming and other offenses Blizzard sees fit. Yes some of the stuff was racist/homophobic slurs being said in guild chat but truthfully Blizzard didn't really do shit back then nor do they do anything now for guild chat type of reports unlike trade chat, whispers, and general chat which can get you silenced or a ban from the game if reported. Much of the "bad shit" happened over a third party voice chat (TS or Vent) which was said not typed out. This was before things like Discord existed or if it did it wasn't widely used. I did talk about the events of that blow up in Tempest Keep when I was in Org via trade chat and replies were mostly along the lines of "that's War Ensemble for you" or "you expected less from Troxed" or they just gaslighted their behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by CcB View Post
    The documentation of these incidents is integral

<snip>

This you?
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-02-27 at 02:00 PM.

Oh no, somebody got "this you"d.

Now the party is really getting started.

Quote Originally Posted by ztkraptor View Post
    "We TaKe ReFuGeEs" is the equivalent of "I have a black friend" LMAO...

Here ya go...
    https://metro.co.uk/2017/05/03/this-...ranks-6612608/

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/...-report-finds/

Are you done?
    yeah and yours looks to be a classic case of "red spots on map must mean bad!", even the source linked in that article doesn't explain the numbers given. At first glance sample sizes are in no way representative or consistently proportional with populations. Take Ukraine, sample size 1100 for 44m? that's a bit on the low side to get a representative result. add the fact that the UK is clearly overrepresented in sample size and i'm going to assume that they didn't spend too much effort on getting proper and representative samples from east european countries. i'll stop short of accusing them of straight up manipulating the results without looking into it further though.

you should google the german KSK unit that got disbanded for being too right wing btw, someone like you will have field day.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Sure there is. Which is why some parts of the world has improved over the years. You keep calling it out, correcting it, and not normalizing it with "Oh its just a gamer word". It is silly to hold the belief that people can't stop being racist and therefore there is no reason to stop hate speech. People can grow more tolerant or they can become more intolerant.
    Here is the thing, when you grow more "intolerant" by trying to FORCE, yes i said force, how people act in their own groups, like a discord conversation, you are only shooting yourself in the foot. If you FORCE something to someone, you make those people reject the ideas after a while, even though the thing you are forcing can be a very good thing, like not being racist. The term you are looking for is reinforcing, not forcing.

Sadly, when you go after peoples discord conversations. their 10 year old tweets, their personal phone calls etc to go after their lively hood or anything a kin to that, you are forcing. If you make a show out of it just to appease the crazy SJWS you are forcing. Why do you think that girl who went to catholic schools lose control when they go to colleges? Well most of the time at least. Racism is a bad thing, yes, but the sad part is its weaponized by the SJWs to shut down any conversation and the second you say anything controversial or something that doesn't in their world view you become a racist nazi.

Also, i think is more important, there are very racists things in US that is going on that people does nothing about it like reaffirmitive action. People talk about systematic racism while only group of people are suffering from systematic racism are white people and asians (when it comes to education). Also it doesn't help when a white dude does something it will be on the new but if a minority does something its fucking ignored, at least in vast major cases, because people don't care about actually prevent racism, they want to prevent white racism. Thats why whenever we talk about racism generally everybody assumes the other side of the isle is WHITE and %90 of the time call them a white supremacist. You can look through this thread and read for yourself.

Also it doesn't help the author of the links that is posted is an actual racist who hates white people, so there is also that. This thread will not change anybodys mind because the solutions of you guys is policing private discord calls and make people get banned on things they did another platform. If someone calls someone a racist word while playing x game, they should not be banned in x game, they should AT MOST banned from discord if they are saying that in discord. They shouldn't be jailed either.

If you guys force your beliefs into people, no matter how good, it will backfire, because most of the time %90 of the people have an agenda and couldn't give 1 rats arse about the so said "beliefs".

This why the politics are a shitshow, extreme left and extreme right so go fuck themselves, because all they do is making people go more hardcore on their side of the political isle. We should be in the middle, since everyside have something good to say, but we are busy making the other side of the isle look like monster and throw insults like racists, white supremacists, sjw etc. I do that too, sadly. But I rather defend myself than try to be middle ground when there are fucking crazies in the other side try to get anybody who doesnt agree with their worldview as a horrendous vile person that needs to be jailed.

This thread will achieve nothing. Not when there is nutjobs calling outlandish shit should happen to the other side and insults are flying around.
    Last edited by Thalrend; 2021-02-27 at 06:31 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    Racism is a bad thing, yes, but the sad part is its weaponized by the SJWs to shut down any conversation and the second you say anything controversial or something that doesn't in their world view you become a racist nazi. .
    So just don't use hate speech. Weird right? You are getting angry that you can't use hate speech with out being called out for using it.

So just don't use hate speech. Weird right? You are getting angry that you can't use hate speech with out being called out for using it.
    Just don't get offended by words

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Just don't get offended by words
    Just don't get offended when you get called out for hate speech. Or you know just don't use it.

Just don't get offended when you get called out for hate speech. Or you know just don't use it.
    I don't get offended because I don't get called out on it because I interact with reasonable people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    I don't get offended because I don't get called out on it because I interact with reasonable people.
    So only people that tolerate hate speech are reasonable? Lol. There is never a reason to use hate speech.

Who the who? Like seriously, this shit warrants an article? I can recall a dozen of incidents of stuff that could be construed as racist from old /1 and /2, before Blizzard started taking that stuff seriously (the old guard will know what I'm talking about).

You really think you being called out racist when you just use hate speech my dude? Way to cut off everything. The word racism is used when you don't agree with ANYTHING that left does when it include minorities. Like affirmitive action, refugees, language ( like not wanted to be forced to say made up pronouns) anything. ONLY thing we disagree in this thread is the dudes getting banned from wow IF they get banned from wow. Because they did that shit in discord, not in wow. Same as i think you should not be fired from you fucking job if you use a racist word in your lake while fishing when not in public.

When you guys try to enforce ridicilous shit for minimal crap, and yes some fucktards saying racists word at each other while in a fucking discord conversation with themselves are a minimal, you will find no sympathy, no matter how good is your course. Stop reading one sentence and try to sum up the whole fucking point. If they say that in their job they should get fired, not jailed. If they say that shit in a party they should lose their friend group if that friend group is against it. If they say in a guild discord they should get kicked from their discord if their guildies dont agree with them. You should not also suffer from all other aspects that is not connected to it, you should definately not get jailed from it. People like you pushing shit that is ridicilous will create real racists than some fucking kids being morons in a random discord conversation.