Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Finally Gen 4 remakes. After all those years I'll be able to finally finish that gen, yay Looks good and not done only by GF... And Pokemon Legends: Arceus, hope will be good...

Welp, looks like I'll be skipping the Gen 4 remakes then.

Only thing of note was Pokémon Legends: Arceus, for the gimmick of being set in the ancient past, when people still used Apricorn balls. But I have my doubts that the actual game itself will be any good.

Hopefully the remakes include at least most of the content that was added in Platinum. Based on the trailer I'm not expecting much, but it is still too early to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably going to hard pass both of those. The D\P remake's art stile did not set well with me at all. And the Legend thing had so many frame drops in a trailer it scares me what performance will be.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Neat, some remakes and a new game. Wonder what that means for the national pokedex though. As much as I would like to play the remakes, I doubt I will unless they can have a full pokedex. Honestly, that is the biggest thing I am waiting for before any new game purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have returned mortals to give opinions on stuff:
    Pokemon Snap: actually seems decent
    Pokemon D/P Remakes: That art style does not sit well with me, its gonna need some major features to tempt me especially if its the full 60€ pricetag (which lets be honest it will be)
    Legends Arceus: Big Potential, but also a lot of work to get to that potential. Let's see when we get there.

Overall: Dissapointed

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    I have returned mortals to give opinions on stuff:
    Pokemon Snap: actually seems decent
    Pokemon D/P Remakes: That art style does not sit well with me, its gonna need some major features to tempt me especially if its the full 60€ pricetag (which lets be honest it will be)
    Legends Arceus: Big Potential, but also a lot of work to get to that potential. Let's see when we get there.

Overall: Dissapointed
    New Pokemon Snap does look interesting. It looks like potential day night cycle and other reasons to play level again ... so it could be interesting.

I disagree with you on the BDSP art style ... the overworld to me captures the spirit of the original 2D games and the battle area appears to be either Let's Go or SwSh (which is just Let's Go with some changes). It is going to depend for me on a bit, I'll play it, but if it is just the original in 3D I have the originals. If it is a full 60, that going not be good either.

Legends I am more iffy on. It appears to be a Breath of the Wild with a Pokemon Skin kind of game ... which could be good or could be really bad. It is going to depend on a lot there. Essentially, I am going to likely play both, but I am not hyped for either game.

The downside it looks like with these games competitive pokemon is going to remain Sword and Shield potentially for the next two years. Of course it depends on what BDSP has.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Neat, some remakes and a new game. Wonder what that means for the national pokedex though. As much as I would like to play the remakes, I doubt I will unless they can have a full pokedex. Honestly, that is the biggest thing I am waiting for before any new game purchase.
    They will propably have the original Sinnoh Pokedex of 151 and not support any Pokémon beyond that, just like Lets Go and SwSh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They will propably have the original Sinnoh Pokedex of 151 and not support any Pokémon beyond that, just like Lets Go and SwSh.
    You do know the Original Diamond and pearl had natively over 400 available pokemon right? You are literally arguing the remake will have less Pokemon than the originals.

Did you even play Diamond and Pearl when they came out or did you just google "How many pokemon were in the Diamond and Pearl Dex?"

Essentially, you are saying the game will have none of the post game area and story despite that being a huge part of the rival's development.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You do know the Original Diamond and pearl had natively over 400 available pokemon right? You are literally arguing the remake will have less Pokemon than the originals.

Did you even play Diamond and Pearl when they came out or did you just google "How many pokemon were in the Diamond and Pearl Dex?"

Essentially, you are saying the game will have none of the post game area and story despite that being a huge part of the rival's development.
    Well how can they have any of that without the National Dex?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well how can they have any of that without the National Dex?
    By adding pokemon to the Sinnoh dex ... like they added Meltan and Melmetal to the Kanto Dex in Let's Go. Or the 59 pokemon they added to the Sinnoh Dex in Platinum.

OR by having the pokemon in the game but lacking dex entries ... like the Alolan starters in Sword and Shield. The Alolan games only had entries for pokemon in the Alolan Dex, it also lacked a National Dex.

If you played pokemon last generation or the current, you should know this.
    –The Sith Code

I have no idea how many Pokemon will be in the D&P remakes. Given that Game Freak is apparently in such utterly dire straits that SwSh used the same Pokemon models as in XY and S&M, and yet were inexplicably incapable of copy pasting them into SwSh (nevermind the disaster that is the behind the scenes coding and files for S&M and SwSh), I wouldn't put it past Game Freak to only be able to release the Sinnoh dex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I have no idea how many Pokemon will be in the D&P remakes. Given that Game Freak is apparently in such utterly dire straits that SwSh used the same Pokemon models as in XY and S&M, and yet were inexplicably incapable of copy pasting them into SwSh (nevermind the disaster that is the behind the scenes coding and files for S&M and SwSh), I wouldn't put it past Game Freak to only be able to release the Sinnoh dex.
    1) The Games isn't just made by Game Freak. The remakes are developed by ILCA, with Game Freak oversite. So the argument of Game Freak chose something doesn't fully apply, it is another developer making the game, just with Masuda (the Director of the first games, overseeing its development for The Pokemon Company and Game Freak).
    2) The game is set to be a faithful remake of the original Diamond and Pearl games ... it cannot be faithful if they have less pokemon than those games had. While this can be a lie on the part of The Pokemon Company, we have no evidence it is.
    3) Porygon Z appears in the trailer. Porygon Z is not in the Diamond and Pearl Sinnoh dex.

It is going to have more than 151 pokemon, how many it will have, we do not know. But we do know it is more than 151.
    –The Sith Code

Pokemon Legends :
    -"You’ll need to catch, survey, and research wild Pokémon in a long-gone era of the Sinnoh region to create and complete the region’s first Pokédex."
    -"You’ll be brought to the Sinnoh region, the setting for the Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl games. But this story unfolds in a long-gone era, before ideas such as being a Pokémon Trainer or having a Pokémon League even existed."

That's an easy 60€ save for me. Get rid of the mechanics that interest me while making those I really don't care about the only thing you can do.
    In 1 year the game will still look like ass in term of graphic/perfomance. The Chingling animation near the middle of the video, come on... -_-

Not even gonna comment on the Remake.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Welp, looks like I'll be skipping the Gen 4 remakes then.

Only thing of note was Pokémon Legends: Arceus, for the gimmick of being set in the ancient past, when people still used Apricorn balls. But I have my doubts that the actual game itself will be any good.
    Yeah, seems like I will be hard passing on those as well.

What an utter dissapointment. Why did they even think to do this art style? What have we gone to the Switch for? I guess it's just for charging 60 a piece. I would say that I will be waiting for gen 8, but the sheer amount of greed and just bad job done on the Pokemon franchise has destroyed all hope for me for Pokemon.

It is such an absolute shame to be shooed away from a franchise you've loved for years since your childhood, only because the richest and most powerful company in the world is simply staying creatively inactive and unwilling to try anything of note. They are not even delivering the basics anymore like a full dex and also lying about the reasons for as to why.

Absolutely terrible

I'm not particulary interested in the "legends; arceus" game.
    It's probably a pokemon ranger game set in the ancient past... just with the 3d flair of that zelda game...

The DP games however... i'll play them as long that means the gen8 pokedex gets expanded.
    The graphics are a bit off... overall it looks like they just outsourced the remakes and are mitigating risk, by:
    - making overworld models easily made
    - reusing in-battle trainer models from let's go
    - reusing the gen6-8 pokemon models
    Overall lackluster... but at least we're getting something this year. I'd preffer another DLC on SwSh doe...

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    If anyone is looking for a fan-made pokemon game to pass the time, I highly recommend Pokemon Xenoverse.
    - 1 new tye
    - Many fakemon, including regional formes and other formes of official pokemon.
    - Story is a bit goofy at the beginning, but things start picking up around the 2nd gym.
    - The game's script was in Italian, but has been translated to English. There are a few words here and there that weren't quite translated properly which leads me to believe it might've been translated by someone who has English as a secondary language; but the script is pretty good regardless.
    - Game runs a bit slow in places, I think it has to do with the amount of shit on screen (towns with entirely too many trees seem to be a big culprit).
    - Artwork and designs are very good, IMO. Battle graphics are Gen V.

- Game gives you a choice of Classic Experience, where only the Pokemon that participated in the battle got EXP, and its split between them. Like it was traditionally; and there is a choice for the new shared EXP style used in Sword and Shield.
    - Game is fairly difficult. The gym leaders have given me much difficulty. Barely scraped by on the latest one.
    Completely agree. The game is great...
    My only issue with it is how it forces you to use the starter in certain areas... and basically how unbalanced those starters are.
    Outside of that it's an outstanding experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I would say that I will be waiting for gen 8, but the sheer amount of greed and just bad job done on the Pokemon franchise has destroyed all hope for me for Pokemon.
    We are IN Gen 8 ... how are you waiting for it? Gen 8 main series is Sword and Shield and soon to be Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl along with Legends Arceus.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    The DP games however... i'll play them as long that means the gen8 pokedex gets expanded.
    Most likely these games won't connect to Sword and Shield and will have less Pokemon than SwSh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    I'm not particulary interested in the "legends; arceus" game.
    It's probably a pokemon ranger game set in the ancient past... just with the 3d flair of that zelda game...

The graphics are a bit off... overall it looks like they just outsourced the remakes and are mitigating risk, by:
    - making overworld models easily made
    - reusing in-battle trainer models from let's go
    - reusing the gen6-8 pokemon models
    Overall lackluster... but at least we're getting something this year. I'd preffer another DLC on SwSh doe...

Completely agree. The game is great...
    My only issue with it is how it forces you to use the starter in certain areas... and basically how unbalanced those starters are.
    Outside of that it's an outstanding experience.
    I agree. I haven't played without a starter so I don't know what happens when you try to go into an area that needs them (the Library, Volcano, etc.) but I'm guessing it forces you to go back to a PC to get it? I can see why it would be frustrating.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    We are IN Gen 8 ... how are you waiting for it? Gen 8 main series is Sword and Shield and soon to be Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl along with Legends Arceus.
    Obvious mistype is obvious. 9's the number.