Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Have you seen the trash blizzard puts out these days and how many franchises they killed?

We are lucky they did not put in the demon hunters and monks in TBC classic for 59,99$ a char and also sold flying mounts and warglaives to lvl60s for another 59,99$.

Voting with our wallets does not work when the vast majority of customer base will buy any overpriced garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Osperand View Post
    To be honest, it kind of makes me sad that you haven't got time to actually play the game so you want to "pay to skip". To me this is like renting a film to watch and then keeping it on fast forward to the end. Even if you have seen the film before, or in this case played the game before, you are paying someone to fast forward the whole point of the game.

Classic & TBC was all about the grinds, making a culture where effort is not rewarded is counter intuitive. I think you are wasting your time and money if you buy a boost, all this will do is cause you to try and skip all the games you play and leave you dissatisfied. It also encourages gaming companies to monetise the player base more and more, and for a subscription based service i think you are crazy to pay even more money into the pot.

They won't change their mind as it is easy money for them, the least they could have done is give all the people who levelled to 58 a free unique mount & achievement that you could not get by boosting. Just my opinion.
    It is not sad some of us who used to be kids/teenagers back when original vanilla and TBC released now have kids and family. Something that is way more important than some game. I will buy boost and play only one character when I have the time.

I think you are wasting your time and money if you buy a boost, all this will do is cause you to try and skip all the games you play and leave you dissatisfied.
    They actually value their time, thats why they wanna avoid wasting time on the trash leveling of classic and jump right into TBC, funny how your argument turns against you xd

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Their answer is perfectly fine. You just want them to cater to you and only you.
    I want them to give answers to both, for new and existing players, and you only want an answer for existing players. Them why am I the one who wants an answer only to me?
    Is this what is called projecting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    They actually value their time, thats why they wanna avoid wasting time on the trash leveling of classic and jump right into TBC, funny how your argument turns against you xd
    My personal experience is that the ones who buy gold or boosts with real money are also the ones who won't play long. It's a way to get a quick
    fix before the next cool thing comes along.
    Last edited by kukkamies; 2021-03-01 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    What EXACTLY does 1-58 teach you? As far as we know, your alts are still going to have to do 1-58 before going into tbc content, so what does a 58 boost affect you?
    lol, go pull a pack of 5 mobs in retail, then go pull a pack of 5 mobs in classic. now, please tell me your experience with walking back to your corpse in classic repeatedly...

people boosting to 58 and jumping in outland are going to have their asses handed to them until they get frustrated and log. just like they did when they tried classic, got rofl stomped at level 8 by a boar and logged forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Considering that a lot less people will be leveling, it affects the game, which in turn fucks over the people that want to level the old fashioned way, because being the only person in a zone with a bunch of Elite quests isn't exactly a joyful experience.

Classic leveling isn't leveling like on Retail, it's not designed to be a solo experience.
    A lot is gonna lvling lol. Ppl are super hyped for TBC. Ppl dont like to pay extra money so boost will be used in minor >< U assume 50% is goin to buy boos or what? xD Lol u even played classic? U dont have time so you pay and run in TBC leveling zone with the others or u just stay behind and lvl alone. Thats the idea of this boost.
    Last edited by czarek; 2021-03-01 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabakaga View Post
    It is not sad some of us who used to be kids/teenagers back when original vanilla and TBC released now have kids and family. Something that is way more important than some game. I will buy boost and play only one character when I have the time.
    Oh please.

It's not like TBC somehow comes as a surprise to anybody who has been remotely paying attention to things, there has been more than enough time to level a character at your own pace.
    Disregarding that even now you have months to level a character, which is enough time to level a character without adjusting your schedule, unless it's full 24/7, but then i also don't think those people will last that long in TBC, as the game is still pretty time consuming.
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    A lot is gonna lvling lol. Ppl are super hyped for TBC. Ppl dont like to pay extra money so boost will be used in minor >< U assume 50% is goin to buy boos or what? xD
    Doesn't matter, it will take away people from leveling, which is fundamentally a bad thing.

But feel free to settle the "A lot of people are going to level" with the people that cannot make two posts without shitting on Classic.
    Lol u even played classic?
    Unlike some people that keep advocating for the boost, i have.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-01 at 08:41 AM.

To be honest, it kind of makes me sad that you haven't got time to actually play the game so you want to "pay to skip"
    You play the game by doing HCs, Raiding and PvP.. You don't even skip TBC leveling, you know, the expansion you are playing... There is 0 exploration and adventure left in the old world, it's all about the endgame now.

Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    I want them to give answers to both, for new and existing players, and you only want an answer for existing players. Them why am I the one who wants an answer only to me?
    Is this what is called projecting?

My personal experience is that the ones who buy gold or boosts with real money are also the ones who won't play long. It's a way to get a quick
    fix before the next cool thing comes along.
    Agree, people kind of missed the point of the post. Saying they want to skip the "boring" part kind of makes my point for me, if you find it boring you should have quit a long time ago. And yes i played since vanilla, have a job and a family but i still think you are cheating yourself. Again it is all opinion, and mine is just as valid as yours whether you agree with it or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh please.

It's not like TBC somehow comes as a surprise to anybody who has been remotely paying attention to things, there has been more than enough time to level a character at your own pace.
    Disregarding that even now you have months to level a character, which is enough time to level a character without adjusting your schedule, unless it's full 24/7, but then i also don't think those people will last that long in TBC, as the game is still pretty time consuming.

Doesn't matter, it will take away people from leveling, which is fundamentally a bad thing.

But feel free to settle that "A lot of people are going to level" with the people that cannot make two posts without shitting on Classic.

Thats the point. You take ppl from leveling zones 1-60 or 60-70. TBC starts and ur lvl 1 or ur lvl 58. Choice is urs. I would rather be 58 instead 1 ><

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    lol, go pull a pack of 5 mobs in retail, then go pull a pack of 5 mobs in classic. now, please tell me your experience with walking back to your corpse in classic repeatedly...
    You have no clue, do you? Repeatedly walking to a corpse is telling more about that player, not the game. People in retail have mythic boss progress and endless scaling dungeons, if you think that some mobs can scare us because they hit hard... oh boy, try tanking current m+ People who logged at level 8 did not want to play classic in the first place, stop pretending
    that leveling is teaching old WoW players how to play the game.
    it's not. Even a new player could start playing after at level 58 and be ok, gamers are not backpaddling mouse clicking kids with "my first computer game".

Agree, people kind of missed the point of the post. Saying they want to skip the "boring" part kind of makes my point for me, if you find it boring you should have quit a long time ago.
    What if you enjoy high end raiding and therefore leveling is a chore for you? cause thats basically my case, i dont enjoy leveling anymore cause "been there done that" but i always get cutting edge on retail so i wanna take this chance and raid in TBC as some kind of side game, cause you wont tell me TBC appeal is the leveling and not the endgame raiding/pvp , cause that would be hilarious.

For me tbc is a lot more about the endgame content than the journey, so boost to skip vanilla levelling makes sense. I'd like it if they also introduced fresh realms, but alas. I won't really be playing TBC anyway, because I played pretty hardcore back then, so there isn't much for me to do there anyway as I've done all of it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    If that happens to you, then you are terrible at the game xd anyone can play that game btw, i can too, "lol, go kill kel'thuzad in classic, then go kill mythic denathrius in retail. now, please tell me your experience with not being able to perform at all in mythic cause you are used to classic".

Thats the point. You take ppl from leveling zones 1-60 or 60-70. TBC starts and ur lvl 1 or ur lvl 58. Choice is urs. I would rather be 58 instead 1 ><
    What part of "leveling is worse when less people are around" is too difficult to grasp for you?

3+ Year Old Account
    Oh please.

Levelling in classic and tbc is totally different (not regarding the xp diff here). A lot of specs feel completly different from lvl 30ish, not to mention that at 50 you get your extra button which is a gamechanger on a lot of spec like shadow priest, balance druid, protection paladin etc.

What part of "leveling is worse when less people are around" is too difficult to grasp for you?
    Well... I mean.... It's not that classic will have a boost. So you can level characters now with classic community and join EVERYONE leveling 58-70 when TBC hits?
    1) Players leveling 58-70 is better than no players.
    2) You wouldn't see those players anyway - mage boosts!
    3) New races - aka most popular Horde race Blood Elf won't have a boost.
    4) Most people will agree that it is way better to level alone than wait for the mob to spawn and compete against two different parties.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh. Isnt that same idea? More people leveling around in TBC over 58+ ?! >< We are talking about TBC leveling not classic...

Oh please.

But feel free to settle the "A lot of people are going to level" with the people that cannot make two posts without shitting on Classic.

Yes I could level slowly maybe ding 60 before release but why I waste little time I have to level in vanilla that I don't like. I didn't like to level when it was new and I like it less now. TBC is more time friendly than vanilla flying makes it so you don't have to wait a hour for people to show up at dung entrance and shorter dungeons makes the gearing faster.

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post
    Levelling in classic and tbc is totally different (not regarding the xp diff here). A lot of specs feel completly different from lvl 30ish, not to mention that at 50 you get your extra button which is a gamechanger on a lot of spec like shadow priest, balance druid, protection paladin etc.
    The gameplay differences between Classic and TBC are not that massive until you reach the endgame.

Disregarding that Force of Nature and Avenger's Shield aren't exactly abilities i'd call a game changer, heck, Avenger's Shield even has a cast time in TBC.
    But hey, if you still don't like that, you can also wait for the pre patch.
    Ehh. Isnt that same idea? More people leveling around in TBC over 58+ ?! >< We are talking about TBC leveling not classic...
    Considering this discussion is centered around skipping 1-58, i think it's not unreasonable to assume that i'm talking about the 1-58 experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Well... I mean.... It's not that classic will have a boost. So you can level characters now with classic community and join EVERYONE leveling 58-70 when TBC hits?
    Or you can just...level yourself?
    Right now?
    During pre patch?
    1) Players leveling 58-70 is better than no players.
    Aha, without boosts no one would be playing TBC, thanks for the information.
    2) You wouldn't see those players anyway - mage boosts!
    Because people that are starting have the gold to pay the mage?
    And that ignores the people that want to start leveling during pre patch, where Mage boosting is nerfed heavily.
    4) Most people will agree that it is way better to level alone than wait for the mob to spawn and compete against two different parties.
    Considering that most classes very much struggle against elite mobs or even in areas such as a cave, let alone can do dungeons on their own, that is very narrow minded as it solely focuses on the aspect of an overcrowded area, which is still better than not being able to complete the aspects mentioned above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabakaga View Post
    Yes I could level slowly maybe ding 60 before release but why I waste little time I have to level in vanilla that I don't like. I didn't like to level when it was new and I like it less now.
    In other words, it has less to do with you having less time, you just don't want to do it.
    At the very least, be honest about the reasons and don't hide behind your busy schedule.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2021-03-01 at 10:13 AM.