Sanguine Depths the Worst Gaunlet Ever?

Everytime I go in there I just clench my cheeks and hope for the best. Fighting a boss, those dogs spawn quite frequently, many of the trash just hit like trucks. Narrow hallway so depending on the affix it can be a hassle to dodge things, and in all the chaos you pray that your healer doesn't run oom.

Any tips? Timed up to a 16.

Focus Kaal hard in the first pack, as soon as she retreats, advance. If you have a venthyr blow all your CDs on the lantern to get 10 stacks. Once Kaal retreats you are free to use the yellow shield for 65% damage reduction on a 30 sec CD, just make sure you have less than 15 seconds left on the CD when you pull her again. The last 2 packs don't spawn dogs, so as soon as Kaal retreats for the third time you can clean up and let your healer rest if you need it. Timed a 19, pretty close to a 20 but we wiped on some silly stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Focus Kaal hard in the first pack, as soon as she retreats, advance. If you have a venthyr blow all your CDs on the lantern to get 10 stacks. Once Kaal retreats you are free to use the yellow shield for 65% damage reduction on a 30 sec CD, just make sure you have less than 15 seconds left on the CD when you pull her again. The last 2 packs don't spawn dogs, so as soon as Kaal retreats for the third time you can clean up and let your healer rest if you need it. Timed a 19, pretty close to a 20 but we wiped on some silly stuff.
    Did not know this I will give it a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea using both the Naaru ability as well as the lantern is how you clear that gauntlet fast. Keep in mind that both the Dogs and the non-elite adds count for the lantern so you can quickly hit 10 stacks - Just make sure your tank/healer has CDs up because the little vampire adds get a huge damage boost when grouped up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Yea using both the Naaru ability as well as the lantern is how you clear that gauntlet fast. Keep in mind that both the Dogs and the non-elite adds count for the lantern so you can quickly hit 10 stacks - Just make sure your tank/healer has CDs up because the little vampire adds get a huge damage boost when grouped up.
    More often then not I don't have a Venthyr in the group. When over 15 keys for Sanguine is that the point where it's a requirement? There are only 2 lanterns to utilize.

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    I found out about this super late (+8) ahahaha. I would just advance from one trash pack to the next while we had the boss on us. Never stoped

There are 5 lanterns you can utilize easily, 1 during the very first pull, 1 before you cross the bridge towards Tarvold, then you have 2 on the way to Tarvold and one during the final gauntlet. The first and second you usually do 7 stacks on, the 2 in Tarvolds room are harder to use well, but we usually get at least 3, sometimes 4 or 5 if stuns are really on point on the mistrust add, then the one during the gauntlet is an easy 10 stack. They are in no way needed but they help for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    More often then not I don't have a Venthyr in the group. When over 15 keys for Sanguine is that the point where it's a requirement? There are only 2 lanterns to utilize.
    Nah, you can do +16/+17 easily w/o a Venthyr, just depends on how good your group is. If you're carrying a DPS and/or your tank/healer are weak, that's another story.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    There are 4 easily utilizable laterns throughout the instance, and 2 that are in iffy spots. Utiliting the 2 before the 2nd boss allows you to completely obliterate the second boss with the combined Pride+Lust+Lanterns. But yea, you really start to notice the lack of a Covenant specific buff in most dungeons as you go up in keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Everytime I go in there I just clench my cheeks and hope for the best. Fighting a boss, those dogs spawn quite frequently, many of the trash just hit like trucks. Narrow hallway so depending on the affix it can be a hassle to dodge things, and in all the chaos you pray that your healer doesn't run oom.

Any tips? Timed up to a 16.
    I've noticed this as a healer; tank was fine for the rest of the dungeon, but just started getting wailed on in the gauntlet. Had to use CDs before pulling the gargoyle, and the result was...not great.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

It's pretty boring, but def not the worst ever. ICC Dung fleeing from lich king seemed worse to me for one, at least you can control ur own speed here.

No real tips, go during a boss week, time the key, never return lol

She retreats at 90,80,70%.
    If you have an extra minute or two, you don't have to drag her along. Just pull 1 pack. Make her retreat, then you fight most of the packs without her.
    You can only die in the gauntlet if you pull too fast.
    The caster groups can be stunned, silenced, the melee groups can be easily slowed, kited.

Also stay spread all the time.
    If 2 people got the dot from her it means you failed.
    Last edited by GnomeEU; 2021-03-04 at 10:06 PM.