10+ Year Old Account

GOP is terrible and other shenanigans - illustrated with charts!!

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/pol...racy-13-charts
    Article by Vox with 13 charts to prove it.

1. trump's supporters have embraced anti-democratic ideas.
    2. Republicans are embracing violence.
    3. Republicans see Democrats as something worse than mere rivals.
    4. Republicans dislike compromise.
    5. The Republican Party is a global outlier - and not in a good way.
    6. The Republican turn against democracy begins with race.
    7. Partisanship causes Republicans to justify anti-democratic behavior.
    8. The crucial impact of the right-wing media.
    9. Republicans have an unpopular policy agenda.
    10. Some of the most consequential Republican attacks on democracy happen at the state level.
    11. The national GOP has broken government.
    12. Republicans didn't care when trump abused his power.
    13. trump and trumpism could return in 2024.

10+ Year Old Account
    It usually takes the GOP Fourteen Words to explain their core ideology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words

Wait ... Tucker got it down to Eight. Co-Host Glenn Greenwald musta pointed out some shortcuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Does Carlson reveal the Id of the Conservative Mind in tonight's episode?

Last edited by Milchshake; 2021-03-05 at 03:59 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/pol...racy-13-charts
    Article by Vox with 13 charts to prove it.

1. trump's supporters have embraced anti-democratic ideas.
    2. Republicans are embracing violence.
    3. Republicans see Democrats as something worse than mere rivals.
    4. Republicans dislike compromise.
    5. The Republican Party is a global outlier - and not in a good way.
    6. The Republican turn against democracy begins with race.
    7. Partisanship causes Republicans to justify anti-democratic behavior.
    8. The crucial impact of the right-wing media.
    9. Republicans have an unpopular policy agenda.
    10. Some of the most consequential Republican attacks on democracy happen at the state level.
    11. The national GOP has broken government.
    12. Republicans didn't care when trump abused his power.
    No worries, the Democrats have power and the GOP can't pass legislation or make executive orders. Being fearful made sense a few years back when the GOP did have power but losing sleep over it right now doesn't make any sense.
    Only if it is based on the will of the people in our democracy. It doesn't even matter that much since either side can only implement small incremental changes that doesn't even change the way society operates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Only if it is based on the will of the people in our democracy. It doesn't even matter that much since either side can only implement small incremental changes that doesn't even change the way society operates.
    If only that were true, then fuckwit Abbott....I mean the dipshit who is the Governor of my state couldn't have lifted the mask mandate when we have less than 10% of our state's population vaccinated.

Republicans are a major problem at a state level, having control at the Federal doesn't really do much to stop the gerrymandering and other bullshit that the GOP continues to pull at the state level.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2021-03-05 at 05:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    If only that were true, then fuckwit Abbott....I mean the dipshit who is the Governor of my state couldn't have lifted the mask mandate when we have less than 10% of our state's population vaccinated.
    It was a good call. I think everyone should wear masks but I don't want to coerce and force other people into wearing a mask against their will. I want to reduce infection rates but not if I have to sell my soul to the devil in order to get the behavior I want from other people.
    Republicans are a major problem at a state level, having control at the Federal doesn't really do much to stop the gerrymandering and other bullshit that the GOP continues to pull at the state level.
    Gerrymandering is shady but focusing on the details of democracy is a waste of time because what you should actually be done is having conversations with the other side and changing their minds with all of your arguments. There's no need to wait around hoping the system will change when you can easily just flip a district to your side, as long as you have reasonable arguments and don't resort to name-calling.

---

As far as Trump supporters who want violence or hate democracy their just mad right now because Trump lost. My personal geuss is it'll get a bit worse for a year or so as wokeness ramps up, peaks, then declines and runs its course. We'll see.

Sidenote: I wonder if Machismo went the way of Skroe after being banned probably 50 times... People need to learn how to control their anger.
    Last edited by PC2; 2021-03-05 at 06:21 AM.

It was a good call. I think everyone should wear masks but I don't want to coerce and force other people into wearing a mask against their will. I want to reduce infection rates but not if I have to sell my soul to the devil in order to get the behavior I want from other people.
    How is enforcing a mask mandate in the middle of a pandemic "selling your soul to the devil"?

Gerrymandering is shady but focusing on the details of democracy is a waste of time because what you should actually be done is having conversations with the other side and changing their minds with all of your arguments.
    What do you do if you've spent decades trying to have this conversation and the other side has spent that time shitting on top of the negotiating table?

I'm less afraid of him winning and more afraid of him losing again.

10+ Year Old Account

Gerrymandering is shady but focusing on the details of democracy is a waste of time because what you should actually be done is having conversations with the other side and changing their minds with all of your arguments. There's no need to wait around hoping the system will change when you can easily just flip a district to your side, as long as you have reasonable arguments and don't resort to name-calling.
    Why am I not surprised that literally everything you just spouted is bullshit?

A mask mandate is not "selling your soul to the devil", it is mandating that people people take a basic precaution to help reduce the spread of a deadly virus that has killed literally more Americans than WW1 and WW2 combined (edit: we're not quite able to add in the Vietnam war yet, a quick google says we're only about 60k COVID deaths shy of that). A global pandemic is a crisis on a global scale.

That you just handwaved away gerrymandering is really telling that you're not remotely interested in attempting to have any discussion in good faith on the topic.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2021-03-05 at 06:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Do you feel the same about those "coercive laws" demanding everyone wear seatbelts and only drive when they are sober and paying attention? Or the "tyranny" of no longer allowing smokers in restaurants?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    It usually takes the GOP Fourteen Words to explain their core ideology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words

Wait ... Tucker got it down to Eight. Co-Host Glenn Greenwald musta pointed out some shortcuts.
    My favorite thing about the low birthrate bitching is the solution to most of the problem is all Democrat positions. Better wages, lower housing costs, better access to healthcare, better parental leave, public pre-schools, etc.

You know, make it easier for families to actually afford having kids.

Quite literally the only thing you posted that isn't utter bullshit.

Also VOXLOL. The Leftist version of Breitbart.

Oh shit, I just disturbed another Leftist circle jerk on Leftist Champion. So here comes my ban for...I dunno...some stuff the mod will make up on the spot. Back to reddit with my "white supremacist", ist and phobe ass.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2021-03-05 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    You know, make it easier for families to actually afford having kids.
    Don't think that's how that works. As societies become...better (for lack of a better word), birthrates decrease. When people have more comfortable lives, they tend to have better things to do than popping out children. It also doesn't hurt that those comfortable lives tend to coincide with a decrease in religiosity...a big aspect of society that promotes having more children and demonizing sex education and abortion/contraceptives.

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    So here comes my ban for...I dunno...some stuff the mod will make up on the spot.
    Cry about it. You'll need to get that Victim Card™ replaced soon, at the rate you wear it out.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-03-05 at 11:04 AM.

i think we should abolish laws on how to drive. i think everyone should follow the laws but i dont want to coerce and force other people into driving in a sane manner against their will. i want to reduce traffic deaths but not if i have to sell my soul to the devil in order to geh the behaviour i want from other people

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    i think we should abolish laws on how to drive. i think everyone should follow the laws but i dont want to coerce and force other people into driving in a sane manner against their will. i want to reduce traffic deaths but not if i have to sell my soul to the devil in order to geh the behaviour i want from other people
    Maybe it's just because I live exclusively in evil leftist echo chambers like the idiot up there seems to think this is, but has anyone ever actually heard a justification for why steps taken by governments to try and reduce covid infections/deaths are different than any other health and safety measures implemented by those same governments?

I know there are sovereign citizen dipshits who think that even those laws don't apply to them, and plenty of corporations that actively oppose regulations that would impact their bottom line...at the expense of everyone around them. But I never really understood how requiring people to wear a mask for their safety and the safety of others is any different to the average person than requiring them to wear a seatbelt, not drive 70mph in a residential area, or not smoke in a public building.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    How is enforcing a mask mandate in the middle of a pandemic "selling your soul to the devil"?
    Come on, it's PC he can't understand his own posts. It's a bit unfair to ask him to explain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What do you do if you've spent decades trying to have this conversation and the other side has spent that time shitting on top of the negotiating table?
    For someone who knows he's not knowledgeable he sure as hell keeps trying to explain shit away that present major problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

How about that Abbott guy and his approach to non-coercive electrical generation?

Before Hell froze over Texans had an unreliable energy grid with middling prices. Now they have all that plus a multi-billion dollar repair bill to their energy grid AND water supply. But at least some rich assholes weren't coerced!

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Don't think that's how that works. As societies become...better (for lack of a better word), birthrates decrease. When people have more comfortable lives, they tend to have better things to do than popping out children. It also doesn't hurt that those comfortable lives tend to coincide with a decrease in religiosity...a big aspect of society that promotes having more children and demonizing sex education and abortion/contraceptives.

Cry about it. You'll need to get that Victim Card™ replaced soon, at the rate you wear it out.
    I think after your 10th infraction on that Victim Card, you get a free box of tissues.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is closed, as will other variants of simple "X-Party Bad" type threads.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."