Poll: What will raid comp be for Karazhan

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    Do you need to move your feet to walk? Also do you move both of your feet to walk or do you just use one feet to walk and drag the other one? What are you looking to me like that? Can't a man ask a totally legit question?

That's the level of logic when people ask how many healers they should plan and bring to fucking KARAZHAN, when you can clear with 1,2,3,4 even bloody 5 healer if you really dont mind waiting 10 min per boss. Considering most of the dpses nowadays play on average 2 times better than what is suppose to be in tbc, and even in tbc everybody and their mother could clear kara anyway, the question is obtuse. You can 5 man kara, you bloody shouldn't, but you can, on paper.

There is quite literally NO DIFFERENCE on what can be done between 2 and 3 healers in kara. ZERO. NADA. NULL. When people cannot use that level of critical thinking, one can assume two things. First assumption is, assuming he played any type of wow expansion before, he is not very smart. Second option is, he is NON IRONICALLY try to min-max KARA, which is the most pathetic thing i seen in the forum for a long time, and probably not very smart also.

This comes from a person who loved classic and love TBC and Wotlk. So I have nothing against the games, but when people try to make this non existing math questions for their planning, it looks pathetic. And they will also bring that min-max elitist toxic attitude to the game, which is one of the reason why I hate the wow community nowadays. It's always existed, but its becoming worse and worse everyday, because people simply don't have the capacity to think for themselves and have to fallow peoples commands like good little sheep they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Insults? I called you probably toxic. If you takes the Apes part as insult, thats the guilds name, so that one is on you. And I am behind the toxic statement, you would probably be the first person to kick someone from a dungeon group or a pug raid after you realize he plays the off meta spec than the meta spec.
    I would not becuase it is a pug and he got invited. If i make a pug myself he probably won't get invited in the first place.
    And for dungeons idgaf. At least in classic. Because it really does not matter to me.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Always ran with a 2/3/5 through to MOP before they killed real raiding.
    When did they kill real raiding, according to you? and how?

no need for a 3rd healer imo, DPSers aren't that ignorant nowadays
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Oh dont worry we'll certainly be getting that also. "Looking for X class (NO insert X class here)" because that extra 100 dps for optimal set up will defiantly be make or break for karazhan loool
    I love the doomsayers here.

Playing classic right now and pugs being constantly made in trade with people being like: We need ranged dps. Full on hunters.

Noone going "WE NEED 13 WARRIORS FOR DIS".

Calm down man. its not as bleak as you make it out to be

- - - Updated - - -

Nah this unhealthy obsession for 1-3% dps gains is definitly a modern WoW thing.

not saying the top top guilds didnt. But your average casual wasnt so obsessed with weird things like having the right combination of classes outside of obvious shit like wanting an enhancement shaman in the melee group. And if your regular shaman was missing for the raid it wasnt a total melt down like it will be for TBC 2.0
    going from 5 to 6 dpssers is a 1-3% dps gain?

How math does understand not

7+ Year Old Account
    Some people will properly find a way to do it 1/1/8.

Thats the thing with the "optimal" crowd these days, they will make it all sound so easy.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Depends on the healers. If i remember correctly 2 chain heal bot (also known as resto shamans) make the whole instance a joke. Maybe Nightbane needs an offhealer.

Do you need to move your feet to walk? Also do you move both of your feet to walk or do you just use one feet to walk and drag the other one? What are you looking to me like that? Can't a man ask a totally legit question?

That's the level of logic when people ask how many healers they should plan and bring to fucking KARAZHAN, when you can clear with 1,2,3,4 even bloody 5 healer if you really dont mind waiting 10 min per boss. Considering most of the dpses nowadays play on average 2 times better than what is suppose to be in tbc, and even in tbc everybody and their mother could clear kara anyway, the question is obtuse. You can 5 man kara, you bloody shouldn't, but you can, on paper.

There is quite literally NO DIFFERENCE on what can be done between 2 and 3 healers in kara. ZERO. NADA. NULL. When people cannot use that level of critical thinking, one can assume two things. First assumption is, assuming he played any type of wow expansion before, he is not very smart. Second option is, he is NON IRONICALLY try to min-max KARA, which is the most pathetic thing i seen in the forum for a long time, and probably not very smart also.

This comes from a person who loved classic and love TBC and Wotlk. So I have nothing against the games, but when people try to make this non existing math questions for their planning, it looks pathetic. And they will also bring that min-max elitist toxic attitude to the game, which is one of the reason why I hate the wow community nowadays. It's always existed, but its becoming worse and worse everyday, because people simply don't have the capacity to think for themselves and have to fallow peoples commands like good little sheep they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Insults? I called you probably toxic. If you takes the Apes part as insult, thats the guilds name, so that one is on you. And I am behind the toxic statement, you would probably be the first person to kick someone from a dungeon group or a pug raid after you realize he plays the off meta spec than the meta spec.
    Sometimes I wish there was a down/upvote button like reddit

10 Paladins.

What?

Oh okay, 2/2/6.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Well yeah. If you want boring min/maxing to be able to play the game, retail is a gold token away.
    So... you are offended by people playing the game the way they want?
    Don't join min max guilds and groups. Someone playing the way they want does not take your fun away as long as you don't join them. Or you don't take their fun away as long as they don't join your group.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I love the doomsayers here.

Playing classic right now and pugs being constantly made in trade with people being like: We need ranged dps. Full on hunters.

Noone going "WE NEED 13 WARRIORS FOR DIS".

Calm down man. its not as bleak as you make it out to be

- - - Updated - - -

going from 5 to 6 dpssers is a 1-3% dps gain?

How math does understand not
    Yeah I reinstalled Classic and it doesn't really seem that bad, it might be realm specific (I doubt it) but I feel it's mostly just perception. I think the great majority of guilds is going to do Karazhan with unoptimal setups and not really care, so I wouldn't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    Acting like we weren't doing this back in BC is so much fun also...
    Bingo. In BC I was running speed runs of heroic 5 mans every week and keeping records of the lowest time. We were doing slave pens in ~11 minutes because we were able to optimize the pulls and which mobs to do, which packs we could pull multiple of, etc. It definitely was not the norm, but we found it fun to do at the time. The average player in BC was pretty bad because most people were pretty new to the game.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    People like you will ruin BC classic like you ruined classic. Played classic, %99 logs with just getting world buffs and zero fucking effort whatsoever, cleared everything first week without issue, we had meme classes like ench shamans, a boomie, etc. Its fucking 10 year old if not longer content where you literally need to do zero minmaxing and you can still clear it. You can clear with 2 healers, you can clear with 3 healers, you can clear with 4 HECK EVEN 5, because you know why, people will be doing 2 times the damage they will be doing because people are not utter garbage unlike old days.

As i said, people like you are the reason it will be utter shit. Its not hard, you don't need to minmax it at all, this comes from a person who ACTUALLY played tbc and not so blizzard servers quite a bit. They have to buff to content %100 percent, and even then people clear with near minimal bloody effort. Its karazhan for fuck sake.
    Making pretty big leaps here aren't you? How would you know from my post that I ruined classic or didn't play TBC, lol? Asking if people normally took 2 or 3 healers isn't a preposterous question dipshit, and considering 10 mans existed from TBC until the end of MoP, asking whether Karazhan was tuned more for 2 or 3 healers isn't a terrible question to ask.

No where did I say to exclude classes so temper your autism a bit okay?

People like you are why TBC is going to be utter shit. Screaming like an autist when people ask questions on a forum. I ACTUALLY played TBC back in the good OLD DAYS too!

You're fucking blind or retarded if you didn't see people making optimal groups for fucking 5 mans in TBC (back in 2006 and beyond). You quite literally would see loads of groups asking for exclusively mages because 5 mans were "hard", and the thought of pugging them without multiple polymorphs was way too "hard".

2,5 is the real result out of it: 2 Healer, one class that can off heal as said before: shadow priest can always switch out and heal. But when you get fresh in, 3 healer would be better: one wipe always takes more time to recover than have a bit less dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    Bingo. In BC I was running speed runs of heroic 5 mans every week and keeping records of the lowest time. We were doing slave pens in ~11 minutes because we were able to optimize the pulls and which mobs to do, which packs we could pull multiple of, etc. It definitely was not the norm, but we found it fun to do at the time. The average player in BC was pretty bad because most people were pretty new to the game.
    Not at release you weren't.

When geared a bit? Sure. SP isn't hard.

And I LOVE the idea that people were knuckle dragging idiots then and you're all pro now... while in the same breath you tell us how easy it is. People, if it's easy, you don't need to be a genius to play well. Anyone who cared to be, was just as good then as you are now. Human intelligence didnt take a huge leap when you all grew up (actually, looking around... *cough*).

What will make Kara much easier now vs then, though, is that way more people will be going in there with T3 and that simply didnt happen in TBC. Almost no one cleared vanilla Naxx, few progressed deep enough to farm it for that long. But between all of the information on the fights, the fact that we've done them before - either in real TBC or on private servers - and the fact that a sizable number of raids will be T3 geared? Kara won't take the time it did in TBC for many people.

For those people I'd run 2/2/6 and maybe have one of the caster DPS be heal-capable in case it turns out to be handy to have a 3rd healer for something.

For others, though, who either are coming back and will thus ding 70 with quest and leveling dungeon gear or who played casually in classic, it will take awhile and, yes, be a challenge.

For those groups, 2/3/5 would be the safest comp to start with.

What's competent DPS numbers for Kara on say, single-target (Maiden of Virtue) and +1 target like Attumen or Moroes or something.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Gonna get 1 healed pretty fast

2/3/5 at launch, 2/2/6 with gear, 1/1/8 end-of-expansion.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

You guys are gonna make BC soooo much fun with your obsession for optimal lists for 10+ year old content!!!
    I still have PTSD from my guild leader at the time making an "optimal" group for Prince. No melee!

A week after their group got the guild's first kill, I gathered a melee heavy group and killed it to prove them wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are gonna make BC soooo much fun with your obsession for optimal lists for 10+ year old content!!!
    Amen. I cleared Kara every week and I'm pretty sure I was just there for the paladin buffs. Players are gonna faceroll it like they did Molten Core.

Classic TBC? 2-1-7. Its going to be such a cakewalk.