Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    what i did with my mage ( never played mage before, just wanted to play it this exp) is as follows : i got the renown gear first, then upgraded it to 197. while i am at it, i started to do soem random ngs here and there, especially epic bgs. i then started to replace non-optimal ( without haste - vers ) gear with honor ones with haste - vers. when i started to get conq in a reliable fashion, i started to replace all honor gear with conq gear. now i am only missing neck - cloak - chest ( leggo so i won't replace ) - ring - trinket.
    rest is conq and yesterday i finally hit 1.4k so i am sitting on a 206 gear in a little under a month. i got angered, cursed, wanted to delete all my toons and account on the way but alas, i finally hit 1.4k

now 1.6k awaits...
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Just buy a boost. Everyone is happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Ah, I see, with 'few hours' you mean probably around 24-48 depending on Renown luck from random nonsense activities - which are all just so incredibly easy to do when you're starting out in 165 ilvl. Giga quick and definitely just not as long, tedious, boring and dreadful as spamming 50 BGs.
    If it took you 24-48 hours /played to finish your campaign, something is wrong with how you're doing it. I leveled my druid alt and the campaign was 1/9 at 60 (of course) and I finished the campaign and got max renown then in 2-3 evenings that were pretty casual and where I did some other stuff too. You'll need 3-4k anima to upgrade the base covenant gear. And you don't need renown 38 to get everything to 197. I did it weeks ago when the cap was in the low 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    This has been true off and on starting in Wrath. If you aren't in the initial push for PvP gear, you get crushed and good luck moving forward.

One real answer would involve Blizz doing their job and actually matching people according to gear and success rate...you know, just like every PvP game that is actually good.
    Except when good players can deliberately tank their rating in order to sell boosts that all falls apart.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Somehow Blizzard managed to F it up even more.
    In legion gearing up alts was a lot of work, but we pushed through it. With the skins and all it kind distracted from the fact that it was the same content.
    However now, not only is it a lot of work but its SO BORING. Amazing job guys...
    An Karanir Thanagor,
    Mor Ok Angalor..

Why do ppl keep suggesting renown gear that has almost zero versa on it

Its not really pvp viable for anything above 1600 rating when u start meeting 226 boosters every second game

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post

Its not really pvp viable for anything above 1600 rating when u start meeting 226 boosters every second game
    Depends on the class, doesn’t it? Or the type of gear idk. My Druid ended up with 700 versatility while my rogue only has 200 from renown gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Ah, I see, with 'few hours' you mean probably around 24-48 depending on Renown luck from random nonsense activities - which are all just so incredibly easy to do when you're starting out in 165 ilvl. Giga quick and definitely just not as long, tedious, boring and dreadful as spamming 50 BGs.
    No idea hows the droprate is. As i remember i geared up my sham to 190+ ilvl in two evenings. Maybe 8h played ><

boho. another child wanting everything for free.

The difference between honor gear and conquest gear was never this big in any expansion, because there was no gear upgrades 7 times per gear, it was honor gear then 1 tier above it is conquest gear thats it

- - - Updated - - -

only retards didnt like pvp scaling, legion had the best system possible for competitive pvp
    If by legion you mean Wod, then sure.
    The 3 dh spec is increíble.

Depends on covenant/armor type.

Necrolord leather renown set has versatility on every piece iirc.

You go into a BG with 165 ilvl against 220 ilvl players, and you're expected to farm 200k honor like this just to get 197 ilvl? then you go into arena with 197 ilvl vs 220 ilvl and expected to farm 7k conquest like this?

Why is there no catch up mechanics for pvp gear whatsoever?

Last time we had no pvp scaling we had only 2 tiers of gear, honor and conquest, so honor gear could actually compete with conquest gear, now we have 14 tiers of gear (honor 7 tiers, conquest 7 tiers) its so dumb
    I disagree. Please put in some effort.

Like another dude commented here, you are not supposed to do BGs to farm pvp gear when you ding

You ding -> do campaign -> get full renown gear (through campaign) and catch your renown level up -> (youll be about 190 ilvl at this point) do torghast for legend piece -> do arenas or RBGs with about 195-ish ilvl and start gearing up exclusively through pvp

its not hard, torghast is boring tho

You go into a BG with 165 ilvl against 220 ilvl players, and you're expected to farm 200k honor like this just to get 197 ilvl? then you go into arena with 197 ilvl vs 220 ilvl and expected to farm 7k conquest like this?

Why is there no catch up mechanics for pvp gear whatsoever?

Last time we had no pvp scaling we had only 2 tiers of gear, honor and conquest, so honor gear could actually compete with conquest gear, now we have 14 tiers of gear (honor 7 tiers, conquest 7 tiers) its so dumb
    Gearing alts is so easy. You just have to combine your the PvP gear with Anima gear that you get from doing your covenant campaign. If you only rely on PvP gear then it will take a long time but if you also get anima gear then it will not take more than 1 day to gear up to 197.

Because it's starter gear? You can get 1600 with it and then start upgrading all your conquest gear to 213 to replace it with. That's kind of the point. Nobody is hitting 2k with 197 renown gear even if it all had versatility, but that's also not why people are saying to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Cause who cares about PVP. It is literally the least important thing in WOW.
    This.

The ilvl push for WORLD FIRST RAIDERS with PVP gear was a thing, but nobody else needs it.

* the best trinkets are from raids/dungeons(vault)
    * weapons are garanteed from the covenant quest in hours playtime, upgrades via M+ or RAID token

190-200 ilvl is done in hours, with just questing. I don't get why people waste so much time in PvP, have to deal with broken META burst specs, broken gear disadvantage, when the catch-up system is done via covenants. All the time gating is removed since 4-5 weeks and you get full gear incl. weapon from just doing easy content.

PVP gearing is faster if you get booted via RBGs. But again, thats BOOSTED gearprogression and not a valid path for casual gamers.
    Last edited by Ange; 2021-03-08 at 09:06 AM.
    -

This is exactly how it should work.
    As fresh 160ilvl alt you should be demolished by well geared +220ilvl main.

because it's extremely easy to get and better than going into BGs with 165 ilvl like you said.

im ngl if you are taking too long to gear then its a l2p issue.

On a fresh char you buy boes and the 168 ones, then you queue 2v2 at 1-1.6mmr until you have a full set of pvp gear and you're fully geared and only limited by your own ability to get rating to upgrade your gear. I geared a ww monk from fresh 60 to 223 after 1 wed reset (granted I got 226 wep in chest) but even so its way quicker to get gear now than in BFA, especially for PVP - gearing with the M+ valor rewards will be even easier too

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaJones View Post
    im ngl if you are taking too long to gear then its a l2p issue.

On a fresh char you buy boes and the 168 ones, then you queue 2v2 at 1-1.6mmr until you have a full set of pvp gear and you're fully geared and only limited by your own ability to get rating to upgrade your gear. I geared a ww monk from fresh 60 to 223 after 1 wed reset (granted I got 226 wep in chest) but even so its way quicker to get gear now than in BFA, especially for PVP - gearing with the M+ valor rewards will be even easier too
    If it took you an entire cap to get 1.6mmr its your l2p issue

I am 1800 on my alt with 195 ilvl but its extremely hard to get gear because I go against 226 ppl and losing gives no conquest