Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Bwomsamdi isn't a Zandalari troll

So in the "Da other side" Dungeon we know that Mueh'zala elevated Bwomsamdi to loa hood. but he slouches like most troll clans. so the exlcludes Zandalari.

the question then becomes which troll clan was he before he became a loa.

i have 2 idea's

eather the darkspear as they pray to Bwomsamdi the most. and the reason why is Bwomsamdi used to be part of them

or

The Sandfury and by extention the Zul Faraki. as they are the only ones that still worship Bwomsamdi's Progenitor Mueh'zala

Discuss

Assuming his elevation to loa is ancient enough to be around the time death was accepted into troll lexicon of knowledge, he'd have to be part of an early tribe I'd think. So, one predating the troll aqir war perhaps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Assuming his elevation to loa is ancient enough to be around the time death was accepted into troll lexicon of knowledge, he'd have to be part of an early tribe I'd think. So, one predating the troll aqir war perhaps.
    The Zandalari existed a couple millenia before the Aqir war.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

7+ Year Old Account
    so the exlcludes Zandalari.
    Zul would like a word

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    So he's a Dark Troll?

He's definitely more primal than the Zandalari. Heavier accent, Darkspear body build.

But that doesn't have to mean he's not Zandalari. We don't know if the Zandalari have stayed the same for the past 20.000 years. From the Vol'jin book, the Darkspear may be more what the Trolls are supposed to be. With the upright cityfolk without Shadow Hunters that the Zandalari have become, placing them further away from true Troll nature, even if they hold the most power. Bwonsamdi could be a Zandalari from a more primitive time. He does have glowing eyes.

Being a Dark Troll is definitely also an option. Realistically though, this guy could have come from any tribe, or from before Tribes were even a thing. Hard to speculate on, or find out conclusively. I don't think that's info he'll ever reveal to us.

7+ Year Old Account
    Zul is a Zandalari and he slouches. Its also an in game model and not something that every troll male does

The sandfury is a "recent" troll subspecies that descended from the gurubashi and Bwonsamdi claims that loa like him existed before trolls
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

3+ Year Old Account
    I ythink he's more likely to be a Dark Troll than anything. His skin is purple, he has dark, almost black(?) hair and he's tall as fuck compared to Rastakhan. Yes, even with that obscenely large crown on lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    He's definitely more primal than the Zandalari. Heavier accent, Darkspear body build.

But that doesn't have to mean he's not Zandalari. We don't know if the Zandalari have stayed the same for the past 20.000 years. From the Vol'jin book, the Darkspear may be more what the Trolls are supposed to be. With the upright cityfolk without Shadow Hunters that the Zandalari have become, placing them further away from true Troll nature, even if they hold the most power. Bwonsamdi could be a Zandalari from a more primitive time. He does have glowing eyes.

Being a Dark Troll is definitely also an option. Realistically though, this guy could have come from any tribe, or from before Tribes were even a thing. Hard to speculate on, or find out conclusively. I don't think that's info he'll ever reveal to us.
    Um.. That's because he has no skin on his upper face and no eyeballs either?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Potentially wasn't even a troll at all, but a Corgi. Taking a Loa shape as a troll.

I believe somewhere it was stated, could be wrong, that he's not a troll but took the form of one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Zandalari when get old can be hunched, Like Zul, plus, it could be just an aftermath of his transformation in Loa.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I ythink he's more likely to be a Dark Troll than anything.
    that would not be possible, he is probably something that goes far back the zandalari empire itself, dark trolls only became a thing after the tribes begun to split, in fact dark trolls are probably jungle/forest trolls before becoming dark trolls.

The trolls before the zandalari empire would probably more or less look like the zandalari trolls as well.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    So in the "Da other side" Dungeon we know that Mueh'zala elevated Bwomsamdi to loa hood. but he slouches like most troll clans. so the exlcludes Zandalari.
    Zul the Prophet was Zandalari and slouched.

Bwonsamdi could have been Zandalari too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goundin View Post
    I believe somewhere it was stated, could be wrong, that he's not a troll but took the form of one.
    It could be some race of proto-trolls that looked more like Mueh'zala than Bwonsamdi - big, burly, with too many sets of tusks.

I dont think appearances mean much when it comes to Loa. They have Loa in all kinds of forms, animal and otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Goundin View Post
    Looked to wowpedia on this. Says Bwonsamdi talks to Vol'jin about being loa, which come before all trolls. Seems in hindsight this is more in reference to Muehzala, as apparently Bwonsamdi was elevated by Muehzala as a priest. So, at one point Bwonsamdi wasn't loa but (implied) he was a troll, as the only tribe left that worshipped Muehzala was Sandfury. We can't really take that to mean Bwonsamdi is Sandfury tho, as his complexion is different now. (But maybe that was part of his elevation.)

I mean the Zandalari are defined as the first troll tribe, from where all trolls came from, so Bwondsamdi is very likely of those early Zandalari, and as such, doesn't look the same as modern Zandalari. It also implies that early zandalari looked more like jungle trolls.

And it's not just the slouch, that can be more behavioral than anything, but the build; Zandalari are not only straight backed, but also beefier -yet not as big as Amani or Drakkari-

So beyond it just being an in game model choice, it does suggest that early Zandalari looked more like modern jungle trolls -and others- and that zandalari have indeed diverged from other tribes, not unlike elves continue to differentiate between each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Looked to wowpedia on this. Says Bwonsamdi talks to Vol'jin about being loa, which come before all trolls. Seems in hindsight this is more in reference to Muehzala, as apparently Bwonsamdi was elevated by Muehzala as a priest. So, at one point Bwonsamdi wasn't loa but (implied) he was a troll, as the only tribe left that worshipped Muehzala was Sandfury. We can't really take that to mean Bwonsamdi is Sandfury tho, as his complexion is different now. (But maybe that was part of his elevation.)
    Other Side makes it clear Mueh'zala lost a large part of his followers after empowering Bwonsamdi. Turns out they weren't all that happy about blood sacrifices all the time.

That aside, we have no indication of how long ago that happened. I think it's likely it predates the creation of the Sandfury tribe, though.

3+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if this means anything but, I noticed that the Dark Troll Priest from WC3 kind of looks a little bit like Bwonsamdi

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if this means anything but, I noticed that the Dark Troll Priest from WC3 kind of looks a little bit like Bwonsamdi

you mean that dark trolls who look like trolls, look like bwosandi, when he literally look like a troll?

I don't know where the "bwosandi was a dark troll or a sand troll" stuff came up but that would not make any sense in the lore ashow the tribes wre created/evolved a long troll history.

First they said/implied that Bwosandi predate even the zandalari, meaning he was probably part of the first trolls who later would create the zandalari empire which other tribes would evolve from, the dark trolls were not part of then since they themselves have evolved from other troll tribes

sand trolls came from the jungle trolls, after aquir wars, Dark trolls while already existing in the aquir wars were stated to be blue, before going purple skined with their underground lifestyle, and taking account they just mention color changing, and not physicall change, is more likely that, just like sand trolls, dark trolls came from a branch of jungle trolls who dwelve deep in this area

Bwosandi is supposed to be older than that.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    you mean that dark trolls who look like trolls, look like bwosandi, when he literally look like a troll?

I don't know where the "bwosandi was a dark troll or a sand troll" stuff came up but that would not make any sense in the lore ashow the tribes wre created/evolved a long troll history.

First they said/implied that Bwosandi predate even the zandalari, meaning he was probably part of the first trolls who later would create the zandalari empire which other tribes would evolve from, the dark trolls were not part of then since they themselves have evolved from other troll tribes

sand trolls came from the jungle trolls, after aquir wars, Dark trolls while already existing in the aquir wars were stated to be blue, before going purple skined with their underground lifestyle, and taking account they just mention color changing, and not physicall change, is more likely that, just like sand trolls, dark trolls came from a branch of jungle trolls who dwelve deep in this area

Bwosandi is supposed to be older than that.
    I think they retconned him. First he was this creepy Loa that Vol'jin (and other trolls) often called upon in rituals, and now he's this friendly Ryuk troll dude who loves to make deals with anyone who'll listen to him. Also, I think he might not be as powerful as he thinks if Mueh'zala can just trap him.

Could've sworn there's a quest where a Broker asks you to bring him a mask that can from an 'older civillization who worshipped Mueh'zala'. Not 100% what that even means, but it *could* hint at 'Proto-trolls' existing at some point

I think they retconned him. First he was this creepy Loa that Vol'jin (and other trolls) often called upon in rituals, and now he's this friendly Ryuk troll dude who loves to make deals with anyone who'll listen to him. Also, I think he might not be as powerful as he thinks if Mueh'zala can just trap him.
    I think you should look more into his real world inspiration... i mean, they didn't even bother changing the name. The Ryuk similarities are likely to be more coincidental actually.

Also, i think that should be "not as powerful as he would like you to think he is". At least part of which is down to him having traded away a large part of his power for bargains.