Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    wtf ? Nothing changed about the vaulth dont spread misinformation!!!
    He is a firm believer that whatever his exact playstyle preference is, THAT should reward that absolute maximum gear you can get in the game.

If that playstyle changes, so should the game.

Its kinda fun how narcissistic some people are

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Sometimes "playing game" means completely different thing. It means inventing and playing by your own rules, yeah. For example I play ETS because "I'm male and like to play with toy cars". And when game can be played only by some strict rules - it's called sport. Because there is some sort of competition there and competition is fair only when all players can be compared with each other directly, i.e. obey the same rules. I just don't need sport game. I want to play "fantasy RPG". And there are no other RPG games in Warcraft universe, except Wow. And I don't ask to remove "sport" content from Wow. We have M+, we have raids, we have arenas, we have BGs. I'm 100% ok with them. I just ask for my piece of content in this game.
    Threre is nothing wrong with how you play the game, some of my most fond memories of wow are just goofing around with friends.

But you have no right to demand the game to adjust to your made up rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    They do not care about casuals.
    Someone hasn't found the covenant armor upgrade NPC...

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Someone hasn't found the covenant armor upgrade NPC...
    Hehe i used them for alts. I do some Heroic raiding and M+ (not arena anymore). I don't really consider myself hardcore. And don't really like M+, i will give you that.

But i still believe they do not care about casual. It's by design. They could throw casuals a bone but they don't. Traditional casual content like old raid soloing or random BGs are screwed because of scaling and ilvl powercreep. That's just the way it is tbh. Just my opinion though. I can understand many do not agree with that and think the game caters to casuals. I just don't agree with that.
    Last edited by Gratlim; 2021-03-11 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Not any more, last week I got 10+ gear, next week 9+, next week 8+ etc...
    The key deteriorates over time. That's what has changed.
    The effort to complete it decreases, and so does the reward from it. That is the general idea of a reward being tied to the effort put into the activity.

Also: I believe with 9.0.5 they actually changed it to not deteriorate if you timed your key. (At least my key this week didn't go down from +14 to +13...)

Then why on earth reward it ?
    It's called a cross-sale.

It nudges people who only do WQs to check what they can do with it (thus it hints they could do a m+ or 2) and on the other hand it nudges the M+ player to do an emissary once in a while.
    Not every type of reward needs to be 100% geared towards a single type of activity.
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2021-03-11 at 09:08 AM.

They do care, most casuals are Just delusional..you dont need, or even have right too het the best Gear. You are a casuals, you are fine with LFR and HC dungeons. You get your Gear from and for that. Sooooo, the valor system is useless for all the casuals. So dont bother. The casuals need to stop thinking they need Gear and other useless, trivial things. Just go collect your battle pets, and your shynie shit epics.

Note: the term casuals is horrible, but you prolly get what i mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then why on earth reward it ?
    Do you really expect what Blizzard does to make sense? At this point in WoW's history?
    But really, it's to try and push people into trying mythic dungeons who might otherwise not have tried it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    Also: I believe with 9.0.5 they actually changed it to not deteriorate if you timed your key. (At least my key this week didn't go down from +14 to +13...)
    Correct, they changed it yet again a couple days before release.
    Pre 9.0.5 you'd always get highest you've done, minus one
    Post you get the highest you did last week, or highest you've done minus one if you didn't time it

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Why does WQ drop renown when its for covenant upgrades?

Systems are intertweined all over. Just because you get some valor points doesnt mean you have to use them
    Covenant quests reward valor and covenant quests are mostly "do some worldquests in zone x". Thats why i said "basically WQs".
    And i just find it strange to give such a specialized reward outside of the content it is used for.

5+ Year Old Account
    It’s pointless because you need to finish 15 in every dungeon in order to upgrade your gear. Doesn’t make any sense, since dungeons are hell now. This week is so over-tuned that it’s demotivating itself to do dungeons without meta spec. It’s like Blizzard wants us to delete all our characters and play balance druids. Because I just logged my 140 ilv warlock and he’s doing more damage than my geared mage, and my mage is 210. The answer would probably be to go fire, but what if mage has three specs not just one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    It’s pointless because you need to finish 15 in every dungeon in order to upgrade your gear. Doesn’t make any sense, since dungeons are hell now. This week is so over-tuned that it’s demotivating itself to do dungeons without meta spec. It’s like Blizzard wants us to delete all our characters and play balance druids. Because I just logged my 140 ilv warlock and he’s doing more damage than my geared mage, and my mage is 210. The answer would probably be to go fire, but what if mage has three specs not just one.
    It is your own stupidity if you play the least performing spec on a DPS class.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It is your own stupidity if you play the least performing spec on a DPS class.
    It’s not, I play what I like. I have my own very right to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Covenant quests reward valor and covenant quests are mostly "do some worldquests in zone x". Thats why i said "basically WQs".
    And i just find it strange to give such a specialized reward outside of the content it is used for.
    Its 1/3 endgame activities. I dont find it that weird. It incentivizes participating in an endgame activity

- - - Updated - - -

It’s not, I play what I like. I have my own very right to do so.
    i agree with this. Balance is way out of proportion atm and thats a problem. Dont listen to the hater

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Because casual players likely do both parts of the content. I do callings most days and like to do a few M+ a week. I dont have time to do lots of M+ due to real life commitments so giving me a few points when I can do the content that requires only a few minutes a day to do is a nice bonus. So your saying because you dont want to do Mythic dungeons, they shouldnt give the points at all even though it has 0 impact on your playing style or progress from the content you are doing, or essentially stuff the rest of the players who will get some points because you dont want a currency slowly accruing in your currency tab?

Your comment could be viewed for every expansion btw, TBC why did heroic dungeons and raids give the same badges to buy raid gear? Raid gear badges should have only been from raids from your take. Wrath - Why did I need to do 5man heroics for raid gear? Cata - same deal. MoP you had to do world quests to get charms to get your bonus rolls, you also by the end needed to PvP, world quests and solo content to unlock a raid boss.

- - - Updated - - -

If your mage at 210 ilvl regardless of spec, is doing less dps than a ilvl 140 warlock (assuming its max level also for scaling of gear) then that is entirely a skill and performance issue rather than a class issue. If the warlock is lower level thats just because of scaling in the high level bracket, going from overgeared at 50 to entry gear at 60 plays a big difference.

Because I just logged my 140 ilv warlock and he’s doing more damage than my geared mage, and my mage is 210. The answer would probably be to go fire, but what if mage has three specs not just one.
    I mean even if your lock was 190-200 and did more dmg than a 210 mage, that's a player issue.
    Frost overall damage is not bad and not far from fire, it just does not have the burst which is preferred in some situations and uncapped AoE, which your average M+15 will not utilize because you would have to be doing 4 pack pulls.

Arcane is not as strong, but it's not "unplayable" by any means.
    People with BMs can quite easy do +15s and 5k overall dmg which is normally enough damage for 17s.

There is certainly "meta" which is preferred, but people saying that "I can't time +15 because my class sux" just don't play well. It's very frustrating to read frost mages, BMs, ferals saying that and doing 3k dps simultaneously at 215ilvl. People don't even know why certain meta picks work, so even if they played it, they would do mediocore damage at best and then blame RNG for not having that ring, weapon or trinket because apparently that's what adds 30% dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I mean even if your lock was 190-200 and did more dmg than a 210 mage, that's a player issue.
    Frost overall damage is not bad and not far from fire, it just does not have the burst which is preferred in some situations and uncapped AoE, which your average M+15 will not utilize because you would have to be doing 4 pack pulls.

Arcane is not as strong, but it's not "unplayable" by any means.
    People with BMs can quite easy do +15s and 5k overall dmg which is normally enough damage for 17s.

There is certainly "meta" which is preferred, but people saying that "I can't time +15 because my class sux" just don't play well. It's very frustrating to read frost mages, BMs, ferals saying that and doing 3k dps simultaneously at 215ilvl. People don't even know why certain meta picks work, so even if they played it, they would do mediocore damage at best and then blame RNG for not having that ring, weapon or trinket because apparently that's what adds 30% dmg.
    Who is saying that these specs cant time +15's?

Like literally. Give me some examples

Quote Originally Posted by Wedny22 View Post
    They do care, most casuals are Just delusional..you dont need, or even have right too het the best Gear. You are a casuals, you are fine with LFR and HC dungeons. You get your Gear from and for that. Sooooo, the valor system is useless for all the casuals. So dont bother. The casuals need to stop thinking they need Gear and other useless, trivial things. Just go collect your battle pets, and your shynie shit epics.

Pretty much this. If someone casually does anything, they probably don't need the best equipment for it.

If I decided to casually play piano, it would be fucking stupid for me to insist that I need to buy a top of the range concert grand. I literally wouldn't have the technical skill make good use of it. An entry level piano wouldn't limit what I would be able to do at my level of proficiency.

Same goes for content. If you do easy content, you don't need good gear. If you had the best gear, you wouldn't have to knowledge or ability to make good use of it.

ilvl go brrrr is not a good reason for being handed 226 gear off LFR and WQs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Because casual players likely do both parts of the content. I do callings most days and like to do a few M+ a week. I dont have time to do lots of M+ due to real life commitments so giving me a few points when I can do the content that requires only a few minutes a day to do is a nice bonus. So your saying because you dont want to do Mythic dungeons, they shouldnt give the points at all even though it has 0 impact on your playing style or progress from the content you are doing, or essentially stuff the rest of the players who will get some points because you dont want a currency slowly accruing in your currency tab?

Your comment could be viewed for every expansion btw, TBC why did heroic dungeons and raids give the same badges to buy raid gear? Raid gear badges should have only been from raids from your take. Wrath - Why did I need to do 5man heroics for raid gear? Cata - same deal. MoP you had to do world quests to get charms to get your bonus rolls, you also by the end needed to PvP, world quests and solo content to unlock a raid boss.
    But you could buy stuff with badges in TBC when you got them, you didn't have to raid to use them. I've never seen in WoW any previous example of a currency dropping from an activity that is totally unuseable unless you do a specific other activity.
    Anytime earlier honor or valor or badges or anything dropped you could use them without doing anthing else.
    This would be more along the lines of dropping the actual raid gear in WQs but making it unequipable unless you have some raid achievement. Although when i think about it, it's probably next on their list.

This look like a really blatant try to get people to do M+ by dangeling the (otherwise) totally useless currency in every covenant reward window. I think that is bad style and makes you wonder if M+ has such bad participation numbers that they have to use such methods to get people to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Who is saying that these specs cant time +15's?

Like literally. Give me some examples
    They guy who said that Blizzard wants everyone to delete their characters and they have to play boomies?
    Go and look at two threads from last week about "toxicity" in m+, i'm sure you will be surprised what people blame instead of getting good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    if you dont do any mm+, valor you gain with wq and some quest has any purpose ?

they are only to upgrade mm+ stuff right ? nothing to buy with them ?
    Valor doesn't work for world players/casuals.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Wedny22 View Post

New term for these people: lazies

They're giving us actual casual people a bad name.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.