Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wavebossa View Post
    The term "casual" has no meaning on this board.
    You are implying (i think) that there are 10/10m casuals running m15s.

Other people think casuals are people who have only touched LFR.

That kind of disparity lets me know that everyone means something wildly different when they use the word.

For what its worth I haven't met a single Cutting Edge player that I would consider a casual, even if they only raid 3 hours a week.
    I might just be a old hand then. To me casual is time played not the level of skill of a player. I've met 2 hour a week glads that I consider casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavebossa View Post
    Upgrade your Mythic 0 gear.
    If only

10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Valor doesn't work for world players/casuals.
    My dude. You only have to do a +2 to get a piece you can upgrade.

If your position is that you only ever want to do Mythic 0 and WQs then it's 100% self-imposed limitation. What are the devs supposed to do for somebody who literally refuses to engage in any content whatsoever?

Where do we draw the line? If somebody wants to just run laps around Oribos because they think WQs are too hardcore, are we supposed to reward them with gear based on the number of laps they've completed?

It's just an insanely obstinate position. Get a grip lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post

Of course a 2 minute shouldn't give the same/as much gear as a 40min M+. But 20+ 2 minute WQs, on the other hand, why not?
    This literally tells me everything I need to know about you and your views.

You think that 20 2minute world quests is equivalent to a single 40min M+. Ignoring the fact that m+ has a lot of prerequisites, such as getting geared for it, learning the fights, finding a group, etc. Meanwhile 20 world quests requires... Literally nothing. No gear, no effort, no skill, no work. And you think they should both give rewards?

Honestly if world quests gave gear they should just make it so every day you log in you get one random piece of gear sent to your mailbox. Maybe make it so if you log in 7 days straight you get to pick a piece of gear. Save everyone the time, eh? If you want everyone to have gear anyway then surely this is the easiest approach right? And it makes everybody feel included, the people that don't have any eyes and can't find the world quests will still get their gear, only seems fair to me.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yes they did ... in 9.0.5 ... been there, said that - ignore reality if you feel that way inclined.

- - - Updated - - -

We aren't talking about people who barely play, we are talking about casuals.

I know casuals that play 5 times as many hours per week as hard core raiders.
    Then play the game if you want loot and stop wasting time no?

Why? You clearly get plenty of self-satisfaction by basking in your own perceived skill, so why do you also need better gear than those who "lack the skill"?
    Why do you need the gear then? What a stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    You are the one who is not informed or ignorant, maybe saw few MDI runs and thought "wow, boomie OP". My "LFR Talk" when you don't understand the mechanics behind. Exactly what I am talking about when I said that people don't understand why something happens and what are mechanics behind certain setups and conditions for certain specs to be much better than others. Btw have you seen Hpala dmg on first boss in mists? Or fire mage HoA pulls?
    I already told you not to come back to me before you got more informed. There is no reason to act like you know what you are talking about.

If you dont know the worth of insane burst in mythic+ there is nothing to talk about

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    "Because I pay $15 a month like everyone else and you are being elitist" is usually what it boils down to
    Want gear? Do the content, play the game or find a new hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I already told you not to come back to me before you got more informed. There is no reason to act like you know what you are talking about.

If you dont know the worth of insane burst in mythic+ there is nothing to talk about
    Burst is vital for extremely high keys, but the gear rewards stop increasing after +15, and you can time a 15 playing whatever the fuck you like. How you feel about your position on the meters is something different entirely, but nothing is practically stopping you from getting the best M+ rewards on any class/spec.

If you think your class is putting limitations on your ability to complete +15s, I'm afraid you're just not very good at your class.

Here's a link to the current 75th percentile rankings for +15 keys. There is a 3% difference between the best and worst performing DPS specs. Those differences become significantly larger at higher key levels, but at this level it's not your spec. It's you.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...=15&dataset=75

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't play my warlock well as my mage. This character is actually very new. This is definitely not a player issue. There is something wrong with class and specs balancing in the game right now. This has to be fixed. In Legion mage specs were all valuable for raids, now I barely see anyone playing Arcane or Frost. That's just an example of mage, but I believe there is much more classes that suffer a lot from it. Yesterday I went to mythic + and it was filled with balance druids. I was like "Ok, no". There is certainly "meta" which is preferred as you are saying but what I am saying is to give a bit of justice for everyone.

However, if druid imbalance issue is caused by Lore and what is currently happening to Tyrande. Then I will no discussing this further because maybe it's okay and it will resolve later on.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2021-03-11 at 04:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    if you dont do any mm+, valor you gain with wq and some quest has any purpose ?

they are only to upgrade mm+ stuff right ? nothing to buy with them ?
    Yes there is a vendor that takes valor to provide you with goods that are used for crafting. Those materials can also be sold on the AH.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I don't play my warlock well as my mage. This character is actually very new. This is definitely not a player issue. There is something wrong with class and specs balancing in the game right now. This has to be fixed. In Legion mage specs were all valuable for raids, now I barely see anyone playing Arcane or Frost. That's just an example of mage, but I believe there is much more classes that suffer a lot from it. Yesterday I went to mythic + and it was filled with balance druids. I was like "Ok, no". There is certainly "meta" which is preferred as you are saying but what I am saying is to give a bit of justice for everyone.
    dude, doing more dmg as 140ilvl than a 210ilvl and saying that it's not player issue is like saying that you only burn your hand because your hand is not made from metal, not because you are putting into a damn campfire.
    I mean sure, classes could only have one spell with same damage and only look different - same as you could have steel hand and not get burned.
    Stop blaming class for that, you are trolling otherwise.

Why? You clearly get plenty of self-satisfaction by basking in your own perceived skill, so why do you also need better gear than those who "lack the skill"?

More difficult challenges giving a greater reward is the most basic and simple concept of reward structure.

It’s straightforward, logical, and provides a sense of accomplishment from improving and overcoming challenges.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    dude, doing more dmg as 140ilvl than a 210ilvl and saying that it's not player issue is like saying that you only burn your hand because your hand is not made from metal, not because you are putting into a damn campfire.
    I mean sure, classes could only have one spell with same damage and only look different - same as you could have steel hand and not get burned.
    Stop blaming class for that, you are trolling otherwise.
    Not blaming my class. I love my mage. Just saying other specs are also nice and wish them more present in the gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    My dude. You only have to do a +2 to get a piece you can upgrade.

If your position is that you only ever want to do Mythic 0 and WQs then it's 100% self-imposed limitation. What are the devs supposed to do for somebody who literally refuses to engage in any content whatsoever?

Where do we draw the line? If somebody wants to just run laps around Oribos because they think WQs are too hardcore, are we supposed to reward them with gear based on the number of laps they've completed?

It's just an insanely obstinate position. Get a grip lol.
    You can even upgrade base mythic 0 drops from 184 to 200 with valor.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post

Ohhh, so now we move a goal post to doing MDI runs and not just simple m+15? Burst damage is important in high keys or extreme speeds, which I never talked about. Those are niche things and require niche set-ups. Your ass being blasted in a fight where boomie has perfect scenario for himself and good RNG to get some Full Moons has nothing to do with being "bad".

Btw, there are sustain damage classes in the MDI. :>

Seriously, educate yourself dude, you clearly don't know what you are talking about and don't act like you do. Coming to false conclusions just because you saw someone in MDI doing something is all you have shown so far.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Forget about casuals. Every aspect of SL is broken, but only hardcore endgame gets fixes. Casuals aren't needed in this game anymore.

1) Torghast isn't self-sustained content. It doesn't have reward structure. Same problem, as with Isle Expeditions. You can do it for legendary. But if you don't need legendary, then only option is - doing it just for the sake of doing it.
    2) WQs are only needed for anima, but anima grind is just rep grind 2.0. And I wasn't doing rep grinds exactly because they were unrewarding. Anima grind is even worse. It's considered xpack-wide grind. And therefore it suffers from BFA's syndrome. I.e. you can't do it on alts. And doing it on main only is pointless.
    3) Only option remaining - to level alts. But it's so called "unlimited" content, i.e. not time-gated. It causes burning out, if it's way too tedious. And it's tedious without flying.
    "Thread about valor use for casuals"
    "Wow is dead INSTANTLY changes it to a completly other topic"

You serious?

1) torghast does have a reward structure, legendary and a few cosmetics, after that you can ignore it, the most casual thing literally ever, you can just stop doing it if you want.
    2) anima... and gear... and rep... and gold... and profession items... and pet... and funny arnt you the same person who was complaining about not being able to get enoguh anima, now your admiting you just dont even try to get it?
    3) well wait a couple weeks/months and yo uwill have flying, maybe play another game, dont tty to play wow 12 hours a day every day and get mad there aint enough content. you can level through tons of different ways, normal campaign, threads of fate, dungeons, pvp, pet battles even.

- - - Updated - - -

Q. So how does a casual obtain high end gear?
    A. Before 9.0.5 - by doing their M10 key each week and waiting for the vault each week.
    A. After 9.0.5 - they can't.
    yes.. yes they can... they can literally still do a m10 key each week and wait for the vault, what is stopping them that was suddenly added in 9.0.5?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Casual here. Mains are 197 and 194. Don't care about valor. My only way to gear up atm is world bosses and bonus event. Not interested in raiding and M+. I have lvl 2 legendary on my Horde main. Not interested to go further at that price. I don't have any legendary on my Alliance main. Not interested to get one much. I only run Torghast for the emissary. I don't think is broken. I still have plenty to do and I have a blast.
    ??? You can gear up with casual pvp too, get conquest and buy 200 ilvl gear, simply from doing random battlegrounds, random epic battle grounds, areana skirmish, and the weekly brawl, you will be full 200 ilvl in no time.
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Rick View Post
    Why and when did we start calling poor to mediocre players casual?

You can full clear mythic raids doing six hours a week and polish off 15s by adding an hour or two more over a month.

The game shouldn't really be designed around getting the best gear from the easiest of content and this system seems to actively encourage people to push towards a 15.
    loooooooooooooooolll good luck finding a guild who will take you if you are the normal player

7+ Year Old Account
    Not any more, last week I got 10+ gear, next week 9+, next week 8+ etc...

- - - Updated - - -

The key deteriorates over time. That's what has changed.
    that is not how it works dude... you do a 10 you get a 10... literally do you even play the game?
    the key does not deterioate, it only goes down if you do NO KEY. if you do nothing, your key drops, simple as that dude.
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Not blaming my class. I love my mage. Just saying other specs are also nice and wish them more present in the gameplay.
    So do that. It's not like you can't - be one to set example. I play a frost mage when I don't tank. No problems there and by no means I play with bad players. My friend players BM, and while dmg is somewhat lacking for pushing over 18s, it does not stop us from doing 17s timed without scuffing the party. Serious pushing is done on mains and better comps for pushing, but that does not us from doing end game on "non meta" comps .