Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The game makes this fairly evident and that's why people leave but unfortunately the developers need those people or at least any normal sane business would. What I'd really like them to do is expressly state this fact in public on record something like "hey paying customers our product really isn't for you but please keep subscribing thanks"
    Lol the company does not have to cater to 100% of the ppl. I dont subscribe to cosmopolitan monthly magazine cause I'm not interested in it, nor do they need to release a statement that this magazine is not for me. Due to the way this game is, its not for you. And thats ok. Blizz is under the impression that the way the game is now, keeps the most ppl subscribed. For all u know, making the changes you want would lead to less total subscribers. Vote with your wallet if you care

I like to talk about "value adds". You as a player must offer a value add to get people to do content.

I play fantasy sports. Usually it is hard to recruit and retain GMs for the teams in my fantasy league. Not for me. I solve this by creating a value add. I write up a weekly funny fantasy newsletter with detailed reports on what happened last week in the league and release it on a regular schedule. GMs love it. They say its one of the best parts of playing. So activity remains high and everyone has a good time. It makes it much more social.

I've never done for WoW, but if I had a raiding or PvP guild, doing something like this on a weekly basis might make it much more engaging and worth people's time. People would not quit and instead clamor to get in my groups.

Another thing you can do is stream your play on twitter and get people to beg to get screentime. That's a more typical value add to draw in players.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

People are free to decline any application (yours and mine included) if they are desired to do so. Nobody is granted an automatic invite just because the name just showed up on a signup sheet.

When I run my own groups, I choose the most "qualified" applicants from the list because for many reasons, and the word "qualified" doesn't always mean "all things RIO". If I have a privilege of playing at peak, and I want a particular class that is well suited and good at handling certain tasks, I would look for it. There can be many variables why you are getting declined, I don't believe that anyone is running a personal vendetta against you.

Get into a habit making your own groups, and if you can't, you can try asking for help in various "Keystone" related communities, you can look them up in "Guild Finder", and also in Discord.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I like to talk about "value adds". You as a player must offer a value add to get people to do content.

I play fantasy sports. Usually it is hard to recruit and retain GMs for the teams in my fantasy league. Not for me. I solve this by creating a value add. I write up a weekly funny fantasy newsletter with detailed reports on what happened last week in the league and release it on a regular schedule. GMs love it. They say its one of the best parts of playing. So activity remains high and everyone has a good time. It makes it much more social.

I've never done for WoW, but if I had a raiding or PvP guild, doing something like this on a weekly basis might make it much more engaging and worth people's time. People would not quit and instead clamor to get in my groups.

Another thing you can do is stream your play on twitter and get people to beg to get screentime. That's a more typical value add to draw in players.
    Your post didn't make sense to me until the last sentence. But you do realize there are quite possibly thousands of people streaming wow with 0 viewers right? Why on earth would anyone pick my stream over anyone else's? (For example)?

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Your post didn't make sense to me until the last sentence. But you do realize there are quite possibly thousands of people streaming wow with 0 viewers right? Why on earth would anyone pick my stream over anyone else's? (For example)?
    I've talked about this many times.

Charisma is not a mystery. It is an actual formula. It has been distilled long long ago. There are two aspects.

1. If you talk really fast, people sense it as charismatic.
    2. If you talk with a general overall level of frustration and annoyance in your voice, people sense that as charismatic.

Combine the two and you get the stereotypical charismatic speaker.

Steven Spielberg is well-known for using this formula a lot. Richard Dreyfuss in Close Encounters. Tom Cruise in War of the Worlds. Tom Hanks in Catch Me if You Can. Harrison Ford in the Indiana Jones films. They are all the same character, built around those 2 principles. If you haven't noticed, the vast majority of popular streamers also obey these rules. Asmongold, Sodapoppin, Towelliee, Dr. Disrespect, etc. They are all playing the basic identical "charismatic character" but probably don't even know it. People who don't know the formula just gravitate to it as they find it.

But there's not a whole lot of streamers doing that. So you have a pretty good shot if you follow the formula.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2021-03-13 at 06:00 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i see reading isn't your strong point try again
    'Don't tell me the obvious solution to my problem, come up with something outlandish instead!'

Make your own group.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    'Don't tell me the obvious solution to my problem, come up with something outlandish instead!'

Make your own group.
    i tried that, i wasn't getting the tanks, nor the correct keys

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post

Make your own group.
    the irony when even Preach lately officialy gave up on spreading this nonsense after years of repeating it.

why ? because majority people dont want to be leaders while playing game. same like majority of people playing wow dont want to be in guilds.

if they wanted to they would do it years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    im taking about needed curve for normal and hc and also 1 that really annoys me min 1300 rio to do 15s when currently its impossible to get that even if you manage to time all 15s.

how do you fix this? i lack 2 timed 15s to get ksm and the game stopped giving me keys that i need to get this achievement, how should these catch 22s be fixed// dint bother saying make your own grp till you get something useful as when you only have 2 dungeons left its near impossible to get a key you need.

an the other one needed arena rating to do rbgs and arena.....

how you you fix these catch 22s on a GAME wide basis
    Join a guild or community...

10+ Year Old Account
    I pugged my way to KSM as a warlock, which is pretty non-meta.
    Pushing my own keys, even when I didnt get the key I needed just to see what comes from it.

Don't just throw up your hand and say 'well no ksm this week, didnt get that one key I needed from the vault'.
    As others pointed out, you can perfectly pug your way to TSM with pushing your own keys, no matter the class or role. You just need patience.