Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

"That guy that u just know is gonna leave"

So do you guys know what i'm talking about? Are you "That guy"? Just curious what's your PoV on this.

So we're 5 people running a 15 DoS . 3 of us are friends ranged from 1.6 - 2.1k RIO. We decide to pug 2 people a russian mage with 1.1 and a 1.3k RIO dk.
    We just got the first 2 people that qued up because we weren't that fussed about timing it .
    The mage did a bunch of mistakes but never once said anything and we didn't mind that much. We were also doing a bunch of mistakes tho and having fun pulling random stuff . We're not doing MDI or anything.

Then there's "That guy". He litearlly almost died on every single big pull we did if not to Spiteful due to his own stupidity . Every single pack he kept flaming either me (tank ) or the healer (2.1k holy pally ). He even ate a bunch of pride hits but whatever.
    Half the dungeon we tried explaining to him that he should interrupt stuff, watch where he's going and that we're just having fun when we made a few mistakes or some shit ( we were on discord laughing ).
    Each and everytime we said anthing to him he just started flaming us and telling us we're scrubs and shit to the point where i just stopped saying anything because i was sure if i kept talking to him he's just gonna leave.

What's the point of being that guy? ur not even good enough to have that attitude. Not even MDI champs have that attitude.
    He didn't leave tho, but i was certain if i kept explaining how stuff works to him and that he shouldn't move with the Pride buff and just stand still he'd just leave at that point so we just let him do his thing and finish the dungeon.

At the end he got a trinket he didnt need and i just whispered him that if he doesn't need it to give it to our friend warrior.

i get whispered "How about you shut the fuck up and stop telling me what to do you scrub" and ignored me and left.

Fun guy huh?

What % of people complaining here everyday that they aren't getting invited to m+ and shit like that u think are like that guy?
    Because i'm sure that's a lot of us.

Don't be this shithead. Enjoy yourself , it's a videogame .
    I dunno the point of the thread, but i'm just curios how many of u are actually like this and then start threads about people not inviting u to stuff and etc.

Yeah these guys are pretty normal. I notice spiteful seems to really bring them out. It is the one mechanic where "lol look at my dam" or "wtf heals" gets you laughed at because you just stood there while a mob mowed you down. It usually leads to them dying a lot and then flipping out. Sometimes it will cause a guy that is avoiding them to flip out too. Its a good week to observe human behavior on.

10+ Year Old Account
    This what I miss from FFXIV, everyone is cool and fun and most of them will help you, WoW is more toxic now, (Maybe the youngest player?) and lot of people are complaining a lot.

I do many 2vs2 , for fun, in ~1500 rating range, with random people, and usually 20% rage quit and blame me for everything.

Never I'll call someone noob or whatever, I can leave if everything is going bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveplay View Post
    snip
    Why does it even matter if you mostly play with friends, you just experienced what its been explained many times.

There is the 0.1-1% thats actually good and doesnt give a fuck, MDI, yourself, your friends at 2k r.io etc.

And then there is a secondary 1-3% that really tries to get into the top 1%, and they cant, which is the guy you met, he just plays so much that he eventually reached 1.1k r.io because if you spam keys all day with a meta class, even if you are shit, the people dont know that, he is gonna ruin 20 keys in a week but get 1k r.io.

And because we are talking about WoW, these % are literally 100-300k people depending on the period of the game, so yes, there are a LOT.

He lives in his own bubble, doesnt understand how utterly bad he is at the game, and no one can convince him otherwise, you see this in LFR when on alts multiple times.

There is always that random guy with 9/10HC, 2/10Mythic, 900 r.io 220 ilvl, (In terms of shadowlands, this is pretty average on any expansion, BFA/Legion , i just dont remember the ilvls exactly) acting like hot shit on his main, doing something like 4k DPS when he should be doing 6K and when he starts rambling against LFR players, and you point out how shit he is and others join in, he gets so butthurt, its all CAPSLOCK.

Then he notices he is yelling at someone with <more that he has done> and goes completely silent.

Normal human behavior from weak players that think they are good by accomplishing irrelevant easy shit like KSM/AoTC etc.
    Last edited by potis; 2021-03-17 at 12:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just one reason out of about a dozen or so that I have always abhorred M+, and would like to see it removed entirely from the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

This is what I call "elitist". Other ppl may use the term differently but I use it for ppl like these - who basically ruin your entire run but will blame everyone else for his mistakes. It's the guy who think he is godlike and too good for you guys.
    He will almost exclusively play a dps and for him the tank is always an idiot who doesnt know what to do or doesnt pull for him enough to dps. The healer is useless and never heals. And he's basically (thinking that he is) trying to carry the entire group only you guys are too bad for him to pull it off. He will usually not leave the party.
    Also, this guy will never realize he is "THAT guy".

Usually plays meta and has rio and thinks he is good because some of his pugs actually managed to carry him.

And this is why i also try to avoid pugging. While looking objectively, this is kinda funny, its enough to sour your day.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2021-03-17 at 12:54 PM.

it is simple - he thinks he is much better than he really is. His psyche cannot accept that he would do something wrong. Which leads to:
    - being unable to accept criticism. Having to face the truth infuriates him and that makes him flame and ultimately leave. If you explain to him then in his eye you try to pretend to be better than him and he cannot accept that
    - blaming everyone else for his own mistakes. Because it's never his fault, he will always find a way to explain to himself that whatever bad happened was not his fault
    - not improving - if you don't see your mistakes then you will not fix them

Those things are common to insecure children. Sometimes adults too, who simply don't have many friends and occasions for real social interactions.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Just one reason out of about a dozen or so that I have always abhorred M+, and would like to see it removed entirely from the game.
    Along with mythic raiding and rated pvp. This way nobody who had fun in some kind of content would be happy.

From my own experience I have to say that it's impossible to tell wether that guy is actually the problem or if the group that knows each other has just decided that he is the problem because trash talking the guy you don't know /who can't hear you is the easy way out. My friends tend to yell at strangers a lot while standing in the fire themselves.

I am however sure that putting Rio numbers next to everyone's name to make sure everyone can follow who is a good person that we need to trust and who is a non person that is wrong is a good idea for a dark mirror distopia.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

If he was soooo good, what was he doing in some scrub pug? Ironically, that is where you ALWAYS find them.

Quote Originally Posted by Twelveplay View Post
    Snippydysnip
    Anonymity and an audience just brings the worst out of many players, which cant be fixed - the are fucked up people anyways. whatever issues they have are projected onto people/players just for the sake of making them feel better by putting others down or harassing them and they have zero repercussions, so a fucktard has a perfect enviroment to live out his fucktardness. On top they have an audience and get the very much wanted attention.

This is the kind of person who whines on forums about how pugs are terrible and that they're wasting his time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    If he was soooo good, what was he doing in some scrub pug? Ironically, that is where you ALWAYS find them.
    Yeah,they're convinced that anything bad that happens to them is someone else fault.

Taking unnecessary damage in m+? tank and healer suck.
    Being bottom DPS? Blizzard can't balance games and his class is weak.
    No one wants to play with him? Game caters to casuals and scrubs who can't take criticism

I'll play the other side (lol DOS pun) here. Usually when I join a group of 3-4 ppl that are friends, I know its gonna be an issue. If I make 1 mistake im sure I'm gonna hear about it from them as they conveniently decide not to own up to their own mistakes. "Do this, do that". The classic "dont get hit by spiteful 5head" when there's 10 mobs in that pack and its the first time I happened to get hit once by 1. Always a ranged player letting the melee know. The worst is when they tell you how to play your class. "Grip this mob in" no shit but it has a cd and I gripped the other one in, and interrupted the 2nd.

Not saying its you, but groups have a way of unfairly targeting the solo player. After feeling frustrated all dungeon, I can almost guarantee he kept the trinket out of spite as thats the only control he felt in the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Russian people outside of WoW. However, when I see a Russian name in my M+ pugs, I am always super wary. I am not quick to judge a book by its cover, but I have never found a cyrillic-named player that pulled his/her weight, regardless of gear, and that stayed until the end of the run. They are usually the hindrance (according to meters) and yet they always leave first when 1-2 wipes happen. Anecdotal experience and all that, so hopefully other people had it better than me.

I had similar experiences with Italians, but in that case, it was just single players; pre-mades from Italian guilds (2-3 players from the same place) always went smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    This what I miss from FFXIV, everyone is cool and fun and most of them will help you, WoW is more toxic now, (Maybe the youngest player?) and lot of people are complaining a lot.

I do many 2vs2 , for fun, in ~1500 rating range, with random people, and usually 20% rage quit and blame me for everything.

Never I'll call someone noob or whatever, I can leave if everything is going bad.
    Do FFIV dungeons have a timer?

Because 90% of toxicity is caused by major rewards being locked behind a timer.

The question is.. will any of you learn from the stories that are always posted in these forums?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post

actually.. they dont iirc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post

This happen in non-mythic too or in pvp.

There's no reason to bitch in a videogame, WoW was not like LoL before... Maybe im getting too old too.

Try to ask someone to help you for free with something...

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone behaving in such a way or similar ends up on the ignore list.

I don't even get why people leave when a key won't be timed. Let me make that clear, I mean when a dungeon is well on its way, the timer expired and people just left. I'm like "the last boss is literally right there..."

The guy who is not good enough but he thinks he is "THE SHIT", classic Universal in online gaming. A lot of players are going through that phase. Some of them get stuck in it.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I abhor transmog, RP and rated PvP, but unlike you I can accept that other people can and do find stuff fun that I don't find fun, so I don't demand that it get removed.