Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathspell View Post
    I just don't understand why they needed to help out the players who already have the most opportunities for good gear
    Because RNG is a bitch. I have been doing +15 keys on my Rogue since week 1 and I still haven't got a dagger from the vault. Now I can at least get a 220 dagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    ok, does this mean, given the example that every week the cap is raised by 750:

if the season takes in example 11 weeks (and we are in week1), i could spend now my 5000 VP and have 10 weeks left where i can

- either collect AND spend 750 VP every week (but nothing more in that week)
    - or collect a total of 7500 (if this would be the cap of the last/10th week) over 10 weeks (every week 750 without spending) and spend 7500 in the 10th week

right?

and where is the UI, i see how much i spent this week ? i do not get how the UI should work here, that is actually solely showing in example at the moment 2463/5000 VP. i mean: you say you can collect max 5750. so there will be a time (while collecting) where i collected 3000 and not spent any points yet. actual UI shows 3000/5000. after a while i have collected 5000 and still 0 spent -> UI shows 5000/5000. now i spend 2000. UI shows 3000/5000. how can someone differ between first (3000/5000) and last (3000/5000) state of the UI ? in short: how do i see if i reached the cap and just have 3000 left to spend, or if i just collected 3000 at the moment, without spending them yet ???

i not REALLY understand that strange system fully...

- - - Updated - - -

if i understand that system right, the best thing a high key player can do is:

- run +15 keys until getting BiS item (best sec stats)
    - now run +2 to pump Valor up
    - update BiS item with VP to max

right ?

but doesnt this mean, that no one will ever

- spend VP ever before having a high m+15 BiS item ?
    - go anything than +2 to farm VP quickly (after BiS is earned in +15) ?

if so, does this not make that system a big pile of SHIAAAAAT ?
    You are correct. Its not supposed to be the main gearing system. Supposed to help fill in ~4 slots over the course of a season. If you know ull be able to complete 15s, ots best to wait til u can get a 210 piece to upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    Really, the cap is what you're concerned about? Not the fact that the only decent way to farm valor is to chain run +2 keys?
    Ah, for people that play 5 hours a day it surely is.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    Yes, but only because the system was implemented mid season with a 5000 point cap. And it’s a 1 time catchup only, and also depends on how much of the cap you got from doing 15s before you got the items you wanted.

750 per week is 6 dungeons (or 5 with some callings) which if you are farming 15s for items and great vault it also covers your valor.

Season 2 and beyond will see no benefit for high key players to fish low keys (like it should be).
    ok. thx.

maybe good system for my main. but for my 196 alt this means i should spend ZERO valor until he gets from actual +6/+7 to 10-15+ where he get some base items that are worth to spend valor for. this means i get literally nothing out of that system, until the last 3 weeks of season or so. and thats pure shit.

if i were Blizz, when solely doing stuff to support high level players by filling their gear holes, i would use a completely another method to do so. there are a MILLION better solutions than this confusing shit, that is worthless for everyone else.

and IF i even implement that system we have now, i would drop VP (when its meant for high level players) also ONLY at high level players environment (i.e. only in m+10 upwards) instead of giving VP from Cov quests and make lowie casuals believe its a system for them.

that devs are so out of touch imo. what a worthless shit.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-03-17 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Of course it's not. Just because we get a new currency doesn't suddenly mean you can get 220 gear by doing world quests. Did you seriously expect that?

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. Especially "casuals" thought valor would be some magical system that would allow them to get 220 gear by doing world quests.
    You can get like 35 or 50 valor a day for WQs. No one was getting more than a few meager upgrades for that amount.
    Yea would've killed Blizz to let a casual upgrade a piece of gear by 4 ilvl once a week.

Holy crap that would've been game breaking!!! And holy crap why would you want to make 80% of your player-base happy.
    Hell better keep the 1% of our players that raid happy like this moron.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-03-18 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    You are correct. Its not supposed to be the main gearing system. Supposed to help fill in ~4 slots over the course of a season. If you know ull be able to complete 15s, ots best to wait til u can get a 210 piece to upgrade
    ok, thx. but why in the hell this system not solely drops VP in m+10 upwards ? why they confuse ppl by dropping VP in Covenant quests... ?!? cheesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    That's exactly why valor was implemented. Peopled cried about having some currency to offset bad luck with vault and now we got a currency to offset bad luck with the vault. Many seem to have thought it would be the primary way to gear up tho. Which is just community expectations running rampant as often is the case.
    To be fair, it's a weird solution that doesn't really solve the issue. It seems more like a compromise and/or Blizzard's reluctance to allow players to get or target higher ilvl gear through m+. Players who were missing a piece or two were already farming and settling for the 210 version while praying that their slot machine gv would drop the 226 version. The 210 version of loot is still somewhat difficult to farm. 220 is nice, but this only partially offsets the bad luck from your vault.

I'll give you my personal example. I've been farming the shit out of +15 spires and higher for Empyrial Ordnance just to use on mythic Sludgefist. It took 57 spires runs over the past 4 weeks to even see it drop once, and I didn't even loot it, the mage pug i was with traded it to me. Upgrading it to 220 is a nice bonus of 9.0.5, but it's not really much more of a meaningful upgrade from the base one I can farm pre-9.0.5. I will still be hoping for this trinket from my gv.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    He is saying that some people thought they could get full 220 by just doing the callings (hence WQs)
    Well... I'm kinda speechless It never crossed my mind that doing callings would be enough. It's like expecting Cutting Edge from LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    You can get like 35 or 50 valor a day for WQs. No one was getting more than a few meager upgrades for that amount.
    Yea would've killed Blizz to let a casual upgrade a piece of gear by 4 ilvl once a week.

Holy crap that would've been game breaking!!! And holy crap why would you want to make 80% of your player-base happy.
    Hell better keep the 1% of our players that raid happy like this moron.
    Calm down mate. First of all, you are not the 80 % of the player base and valor is not only for 1 %. Making up ignorant statistics like this is not helping your cause. The amount of players who don't do dungeons, raids or pvp is a small (but very loud) minority. Entitled, unskilled and lazy.

Secondly, you can get full 197 ilvl gear just by completing your covenant campaign and doing random bgs. That's more than enough. If you want to progress you gear further than that then you'll also have to progress the content further than that. It's a natural balance.

Being a whiny, entitled and lazy individual is not going to get you anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

ok, thx. but why in the hell this system not solely drops VP in m+10 upwards ? why they confuse ppl by dropping VP in Covenant quests... ?!? cheesus.
    Participation matrix. Use rewards to make people do unpopular content so it seems popular on the paper.

For me personally, my only goal is to get KSM. I already have it so I personally don't care abt Valor. Next season I honestly might spend it on lower m+ gear. Because by the time I unlock the highest tier of it, im done progressing and no longer desire the gear. Since getting ksm, I do 1m+ a week, hope for best from vault, and ohwell if its nothing useful

ok. thx.

maybe good system for my main. but for my 196 alt this means i should spend ZERO valor until he gets from actual +6/+7 to 10-15+ where he get some base items that are worth to spend valor for. this means i get literally nothing out of that system, until the last 3 weeks of season or so. and thats pure shit.

if i were Blizz, when solely doing stuff to support high level players by filling their gear holes, i would use a completely another method to do so. there are a MILLION better solutions than this confusing shit, that is worthless for everyone else.

and IF i even implement that system we have now, i would drop VP (when its meant for high level players) also ONLY at high level players environment (i.e. only in m+10 upwards) instead of giving VP from Cov quests and make lowie casuals believe its a system for them.

that devs are so out of touch imo. what a worthless shit.
    It is not only for high level players. It is for anyone doing mythic+.

Players that cap out at +5s, +7s, +12s, etc., all can benefit by bumping up some of their gear a few item levels they wouldn't have been able to do otherwise.

Blizzard introduced it explicitly as a system to help people who mainly just do mythic+ to have a path to gear other than the weekly chest.

Still waiting on Gaymer77 to post on this thread. Smug dude was so sure of himself (or delusional)

WoWhead isn't a reliable source of info and trust Blizz? The same Blizz that was tight lipped about many different systems in the past and fucked up a whole expansion multiple times (WoD/BFA)?

My only hope is no one took his speculation based on nothing seriously and upgraded shit pieces they didn't need to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorGHouse View Post
    Still waiting on Gaymer77 to post on this thread. Smug dude was so sure of himself (or delusional)

WoWhead isn't a reliable source of info and trust Blizz? The same Blizz that was tight lipped about many different systems in the past and fucked up a whole expansion multiple times (WoD/BFA)?

My only hope is no one took his speculation based on nothing seriously and upgraded shit pieces they didn't need to upgrade.
    To be fair, the wording on the official post was really poor. After reading it I questioned if maybe I was wrong about it working the same way as conquest.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I would suggest you get your information from more reliable sources like Blizzard themself with the patch notes. The post you quoted from me was word for word the patch notes regarding valor from Blizzard's website for patch 9.0.5 dated March 8, 2021 (you know 3 days ago). If you need to read the words (that I copied from their website directly) where it clearly states it "will start at 5000 Valor earnable in the first week, and will increase by 750 Valor each week" feel free to click the link HERE and read for yourself. There is no mention of a SEASON anywhere in that at all. Unless/until more dungeons are released, there are only 8 mythic+ you can run and each one of them will contain the exact same gear throughout the entire expansion. The only thing that will increase, assuming more dungeons besides the "mega dungeon" aren't added, would be the item level of the items in the current mythic+ dungeons to match the current raid gear item level. When valor was being messed around with on the PTR it had a weekly earned max (was 750 per week) and total carried max (was starting out at 1500 and increased to 8750 before stopping to increase). They removed the total carried max and simply added a new total max held which starts at 5000 and increases every week by 750.
    Well that turned out to be a pretty bad suggestion from you considering Wowhead was right and the information on the WoW website was poorly worded just as I said it might be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorGHouse View Post

Yes me too. Very smug indeed. I tried to explain to @gaymer77 that Blizzard often describe their systems poorly but he was too arrogant to listen. He was so condescendingly sure about his case.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    It is not only for high level players. It is for anyone doing mythic+.

Players that cap out at +5s, +7s, +12s, etc., all can benefit by bumping up some of their gear a few item levels they wouldn't have been able to do otherwise.

Blizzard introduced it explicitly as a system to help people who mainly just do mythic+ to have a path to gear other than the weekly chest.
    if this is really what Blizz wants, well.... then they have definetelly not thought much about it, when this not very well thought system is the answer.

so i stick more with the 2 previous posts before your quoted post, from @Kaver and @ellieg. these makes more sense than the whole gearing concept of SL. dont know what Blizz is doing there...
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-03-18 at 01:32 PM.