Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No. Simply no. Everything you said here is completely wrong. My second build was minions zombies that i literally picked every "minion" node on tree and it just worked. Picked up couple of support to zombies to see how it works. It really doesn't take a genius to figure out something on your own. Even as a second build.
    Oh, your second build you say? So at that point, you knew a thing called minions even existed, and you had seem some minion nodes on the tree, so you guessed it would work. that's great ... for a second build. We are talking about FIRST builds here. Where people literally know NOTHING about the game.

I don't get why you are so passionate about not using a guide. You are literally coming across as some old grandpa saying "In MY day, we walked to school barefoot, uphill in snow every day, none of this fancy take the bus crap!"

Worked for every single of my friend that started with PoE. Except for one guy that started with a guide and asked 1000 questions before actually doing anything.
    Its funny because I saw alot of people that refused to read anything and then spamming general with same question over and over again. And if you follow a guide most people ask in the guide thread and theres always plenty of people happy to help and answer questions.
    Last edited by Mamut; 2021-03-17 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Oh, your second build you say? So at that point, you knew a thing called minions even existed, and you had seem some minion nodes on the tree, so you guessed it would work. that's great ... for a second build. We are talking about FIRST builds here. Where people literally know NOTHING about the game.

I don't get why you are so passionate about not using a guide. You are literally coming across as some old grandpa saying "In MY day, we walked to school barefoot, uphill in snow every day, none of this fancy take the bus crap!"
    That is called learning, improving, reading. First build was some melee skill on marauder that just finished campaign, but then i quit poe. Not because I hit a wall or anything. I simply didn't find the game to be interesting at that time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Its funny because I saw alot of people that refused to read anything and then spamming general with same question over and over again. And if you follow a guide most people ask in the guide thread and theres always plenty of people happy to help and answer questions.
    That is actually, a better way to play since these people will have a deeper understanding of mechanics, tho asking in general is kinda bad idea. Better to just google stuff.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

That is actually, a better way to play since these people will have a deeper understanding of mechanics, tho asking in general is kinda bad idea. Better to just google stuff.
    So if I ask about something or google it, I will have better uinderstanding of it compared to reading this in guide? How is this different than reading guide?

That is called learning, improving, reading. First build was some melee skill on marauder that just finished campaign, but then i quit poe. Not because I hit a wall or anything. I simply didn't find the game to be interesting at that time.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Well I don't get it then, because if you read a guide, isn't that also learning and reading? Your big issue is that you want everyone to fail first? Is that it? Seems like you'd make for a great GGG employee LOL

This whole discussion is dumb. Hopefully whoever asked that initial question got their answer (hint: follow a guide).

Your entire premise is completely wrong, you assume that someone who won't read a guide will "bangs their head against wall" = because he is too dumb to learn from his mistakes or is unable to read.
    The text doesn't actually say that, I think that's an assumption on your part. People learn differently, nothing dumb about that.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

- - - Updated - - -
    Well I don't get it then, because if you read a guide, isn't that also learning and reading? Your big issue is that you want everyone to fail first? Is that it? Seems like you'd make for a great GGG employee LOL

This whole discussion is dumb. Hopefully whoever asked that initial question got their answer (hint: follow a guide).
    Your big issue is thinking that making a mistake, learning from it is the same as failing. It's that type of a game. Everyone more knowledgeable about the game will tell you that best way to improve is to practice, then practice some more.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Your big issue is thinking that making a mistake, learning from it is the same as failing. It's that type of a game. Everyone more knowledgeable about the game will tell you that best way to improve is to practice, then practice some more.
    And your big issue is assuming that everyone enjoys making mistakes in a game that is clearly designed to punish mistakes. A lot of people don't find that fun. That's evident by the tiny percentage of people that actually finish act 10.

And your big issue is assuming that everyone enjoys making mistakes in a game that is clearly designed to punish mistakes. A lot of people don't find that fun. That's evident by the tiny percentage of people that actually finish act 10.
    Lets be real here, this game is pretty lenient when it comes to mistakes, unless you are playing on HC but SC is really forgiving. You never lose anything permanently and even time "wasted" is not an issue, its not a 50 min game that ends up with lots of frustration. If you fail you mostly just go agane.

So my best advice is to find another game as PoE will punish you sooner or later. Like first attempts on sirus, maven, shaper, elder or atziri. Not to mention if you are not confident in your skills, you can always sell boss/fragments in trade league. But that is only if you wish to not improve.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Really forgiving -> Lets be real here, this game is pretty lenient when it comes to mistakes, unless you are playing on HC but SC is really forgiving. You never lose anything permanently and even time "wasted" is not an issue, its not a 50 min game that ends up with lots of frustration. If you fail you mostly just go agane.

Super punishing -> So my best advice is to find another game as PoE will punish you sooner or later. Like first attempts on sirus, maven, shaper, elder or atziri. Not to mention if you are not confident in your skills, you can always sell boss/fragments in trade league. But that is only if you wish to not improve.
    I have never seen anyone contradict themselves as much as you are right now. but I did LOL 10/10.

Are you a politician by any chance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets be real here, this game is pretty lenient when it comes to mistakes, unless you are playing on HC but SC is really forgiving. You never lose anything permanently and even time "wasted" is not an issue, its not a 50 min game that ends up with lots of frustration. If you fail you mostly just go agane.

So my best advice is to find another game as PoE will punish you sooner or later. Like first attempts on sirus, maven, shaper, elder or atziri. Not to mention if you are not confident in your skills, you can always sell boss/fragments in trade league. But that is only if you wish to not improve.
    I don't think anyone is complaining about losing on your first attempt at a boss. What we are saying is learning by repeatedly failing to unclear mechanics does not teach you anything. Sirus is one of the most predictable fights in the game, it takes an attempt or two and you know the cues. That is learning, that is a good example of repetitive learning. Dying because a random mob one shot you through Molten Shell is not a good example of repetitive learning, what do you learn there? No where in the game will it explain the subtle differences between the various layered defenses. Hell, nowhere in the game does it explicitly tell you what layered defenses are, but they are critical to success.

Telling people that don't like to die to repeatedly unclear mechanics to find a new game is gatekeeping at its best. No one is talking about the boss fights, most are easy enough to learn and have obviously cued mechanics. You can watch a video or read a guide and at least understand the mechanics, if not quite the execution of any of the bosses.

You are arguing in bad faith, you have repeatedly attempted to twist everything everyone in this dialogue has said to make it sound like we are bashing casuals (we have not once), saying we want no failures (no one has said that), or that guides do all the work for people (good ones don't, they explain mechanics in detail). The only person trying to say someone is doing something wrong is you, the only person telling someone to leave the game if they don't like it is you. You are the toxic player that attempts to drive people away if they don't play the way you like it. You have repeatedly said "find another game" despite all of us "Guide users\Guide apologists" are still playing and enjoying the game just fine. We have used guides, and have encouraged the use of guides because it works. I have done all the bosses in the game minus Aul (i don't enjoy delving much anymore) and i feel i can make any build work from scratch, I got here with guides and time.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I have never seen anyone contradict themselves as much as you are right now. but I did LOL 10/10.

Are you a politician by any chance?
    What is it so hard to understand? Failing boss is not "super punishing", you don't lose anything besides possible profit. You either get better by trying and failing couple times or you sell the boss = zero punishment.

At this point Im glad GGG don't listen to players as it would turn into a D3 after couple of leagues with braindead bosses that you can't even fail.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

At this point Im glad GGG don't listen to players as it would turn into a D3 after couple of leagues with braindead bosses that you can't even fail.
    Again, I honestly don't think I've ever actually seen anything remotely approaching this. This is an accusation thrown around whenever people bring up QoL improvements or criticize GGG for continuing to push aggressive power creep that continues to push them into the corner of, "Ever endgame fight is going to be a boss with a ton of immune phases and one shot mechanics because that's literally the only thing that can remotely counter players."

Because realistically...that's how 90%+ of the bosses in the game are now. Once you get some power going, bosses from pretty much anything but more recent leagues are painfully easy since you can just melt them so fast you never even need to learn the mechanics.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2021-03-18 at 04:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Again, I honestly don't think I've ever actually seen anything remotely approaching this. This is an accusation thrown around whenever people bring up QoL improvements or criticize GGG for continuing to push aggressive power creep that continues to push them into the corner of, "Ever endgame fight is going to be a boss with a ton of immune phases and one shot mechanics because that's literally the only thing that can remotely counter players."

Because realistically...that's how 90%+ of the bosses in the game are now. Once you get some power going, bosses from pretty much anything but more recent leagues are painfully easy since you can just melt them so fast you never even need to learn the mechanics.
    I tried to think of a couple endgame bosses that don't have immune phases. I got Crusader and Hunter...... Am i missing someone? Warlord has a near immune phase, Redeemer leaves screen several times but could technically be globalled, so she is a weird case. I have rarely seen a community beg and plead for a nerf to damage, but with all the layered systems that pile on top of each other, there are tons of builds that can global bosses, and many don't require many tens of Exalts.

There is a niche minority group that thinks any QOL will ruin the game. Ive heard people defend currency falling as individual instead of stacks, saying it will ruin the economy if all the gumball currency was able to be picked up in a single click per orb instead of 30 clicks. This game could really use some fundamental QOL that would do nothing but help the game. I am not talking about radical changes like a better trade system or better tooltips (though both shouldn't be considered radical), i am talking about things that would ease repetitive stress injuries. These are the people that scare new players away, they beat their chests about how hard and complex is the only way and if it doesn't take 4000 hours to learn the game, the game is too easy.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    There is a niche minority group that thinks any QOL will ruin the game.
    I would love to see an open chest/trunk/whatever aura LOL

I got Crusader and Hunter......
    If you're fast enough...Anivia (frost lady) doesn't.

It's something they've used since the start (elder/shaper both have them, a fair number of other bosses can have brief immune phases like the dropbear map boss etc.). Thinking more...most endgame bosses have some fashion of it, but it seems to be a bigger part of fight design now. Immune phases with mechanics to do while the boss is immune or almost fully immune to damage (heart of the grove).

They're not all inherently BAD or anything, but when they're needed as a constant crutch to stop players from just one-tapping or melting bosses in seconds it becomes annoying as hell.

I have rarely seen a community beg and plead for a nerf to damage, but with all the layered systems that pile on top of each other, there are tons of builds that can global bosses, and many don't require many tens of Exalts.
    Yep. I don't think anyone was asking for Maven Orbs to elevate rolls for EVEN MORE power on top of what we were already going to get via normal improvements and access to harvest crafting. That just made things silly. 5% explode chests wut?

Ive heard people defend currency falling as individual instead of stacks, saying it will ruin the economy if all the gumball currency was able to be picked up in a single click per orb instead of 30 clicks.
    Lawd I hate this mentality. I was updating my loot filter specifically for valdo farming to filter out the garbage alteration shards etc. and don't even bother with moist cadiro drops since I'm not gonna click 20 times to pick up 25 coins when I can just like...buy a few hundred from Ritual or sell a unique in Harvest for upwards of 10K coins dropping in nice 1K stacks.

i am talking about things that would ease repetitive stress injuries.
    Know how many clicks it takes to make a Loreweave? At a bare minimum if you exclude pickups, about 125ish or so (60 to move them into your inventory, 60 to sell, a few more clicks for dialogue windows/menus etc.). Including pickups, that goes up to well over 250 clicks (including clicks to pick up, clicks to put in your stash). For a single 6 socket unique that you'll likely have to spam click a thousand times more to link it.

When, "Just set up a drinky bird to click your mouse and go out and do some chores and then come back to see if it's linked." is a the least awful option to try to 6L something, that's bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see an open chest/trunk/whatever aura LOL
    While that would be neat, i do agree that some things need an opportunity cost. Chests should be clicked to open, but i wish some barrels\boxes would break if you walked over them, some builds don't have a direct attack and its funny to get stuck in them with dash.

While that would be neat, i do agree that some things need an opportunity cost. Chests should be clicked to open, but i wish some barrels\boxes would break if you walked over them, some builds don't have a direct attack and its funny to get stuck in them with dash.
    Yeah, chests are always a "gamble", especially rare chests. OH, DOES THIS ONE HAVE CORPSE EXPLODE?!

Hear you on boxes/barrels, but I'm kinda fine with it. That's more a "mapping" type thing, so builds with more AoE that are better for map clear are going to be able to break all those pretty easily. Boss killers with less AoE and more ST focus will struggle, as they do in maps (unless they have explode chests, which blow up those breakables if they're nearby anyways).

It's one thing I actually kinda miss about characters like my spectral throw raider, just tossing out a GMP supported attack and giggle as every breakable in that general direction pops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, chests are always a "gamble", especially rare chests. OH, DOES THIS ONE HAVE CORPSE EXPLODE?!
    I wish POE chests had the telltale noise that Diablo 2 chests had when you opened them and they were trapped. I will always remember that noise.

Kinda had me thinking, i think a fun Private league mod would be to remove descriptors from chests. You see a rare chest, but have no ideas what it does, as if it was unidentified. My group likes to play in private league but wish some of the mods were more trolly. Id also wish there was a mimic style chest, click it and it turns into a miniboss type monster, and you can only tell by subtle differences.

Hear you on boxes/barrels, but I'm kinda fine with it. That's more a "mapping" type thing, so builds with more AoE that are better for map clear are going to be able to break all those pretty easily. Boss killers with less AoE and more ST focus will struggle, as they do in maps (unless they have explode chests, which blow up those breakables if they're nearby anyways).
    I just think there are probably 1000% too many barrels/boxes/trunks/whatevers in the game. Do people actually open all those? I'm sure I'm missing out on some cool loot, since I only open maybe 5% of them, but UGH.