Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    you can't cast convoke against competent players... you might as well remove it from your bars when faced against competent players because you won't ever get to use it...
    This is so true, yet people still act like Convoke has no counter.

Every class has -multiple- tools to stop the convoke. Interrupts, stuns, disorients, silences, hard ccs, and it's like the biggest prio ability that everyone just looks out for.

Sure, you'll get some good uses out of it, but it just gets shot down so easily. If someone gets hit by the full channel, they're doing it wrong.

At an organized level, especially arena, you rarely make any use out of it.

Every dps class has a hard hitting window now, which is what makes the game fun for the players, and also demoralizing for the receiving end. Its like each class can be a 3min mage now as though we were back in vanilla. In open world pvp, you can die to anything actually. Not just boomkins. You could get ret slapped, hunted, poly combust meteor etc. Its just being wrong place at the wrong time. Solution is to get warmode off.

In rated pvp, convoke druids are actually that big of a threat. we know they will try to convoke, and we will always be cautious on that, trying to stop it ASAP. and with having >40k hp, convoke is not as scary at high level pvp too. Yes it is a hard hitting spell when allowed to go full channel, but so are many other classes being able to do ridiculous damage when ignored. The hardest hitting I ever faced was a chaos bolt hitting 40k. That's more scary than a convoke because it literally can 1 hit kill any class without defensive up against 31% vers players. the pre-nerf divine toll can accidentally kill a player in that 1 gcd. we see a pally with wings, and freedom, we run the hell away ASAP lol...

When i started pvping at low ilvls and game awareness, convoke was the cheesiest spell ever. but as we progress in pvp, knowing when the druid will try to convoke, its manageable and very often stopped. Players who complain are probably lacking the exp to deal with convoke, and if you are complaining about convoke, you will also be complaining when you get wingslapped by the ret, or the fire mage combusted you in a poly. or how rogues 100-0 you in a cheapshot. in an open world pvp, when they are prepared to global you with full cooldowns at hand, vs someone who has no idea that they will be ganked, it is always never in your favor, that's the open world challenge, ress up and move along.

Quote Originally Posted by wetul View Post
    Idc about Convoke and all of this discussion, but I'd give the PvP trinket a 1 or 2 sec CC inmunity after activating.
    Play pally

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that a Rogue can stun you once and kill you before it ends is fucking retarded.

Any class that basically presses one or two buttons and you explode is even moreso.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    The fact that a Rogue can stun you once and kill you before it ends is fucking retarded.

Any class that basically presses one or two buttons and you explode is even moreso.
    Are you talking about now, or in vanilla when rogues could do that while wearing nothing but a grey dagger?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Are you talking about now, or in vanilla when rogues could do that while wearing nothing but a grey dagger?
    I mean in Classic you could be stunlocked forever so that's not saying much
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I think I’ve died to a Druid convoke once, because I main one I expect it when I see one.

Ret Paladins however... how has this dogshit spec not been nerfed? As a Boomkin and Ele sham, which are both very strong.. when a ret pops wings I’m dead 9/10 times before I can even react. Even if I react, they bubble and continue the exact same dps. Or they WoG for 30k and continue....

I’m just baffled how the fuck this made it through ptr without devs going “yeah this seems a bit much”.

Also Wednesdays are the biggest cuckfest ever for pvp.. trying to do the weeekly? Nah.. premade gladiator teams... trying to queue ranked? Nah... gladiators boosting people...

As a pvp main, I can’t wait for a new game to come out with a better system than this obviously and hopelessly broken one.

Outplay your opponent? Skill doesn’t matter, you die to random 2 shots whenever.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Convoke was super broken when Full Moon could still proc because it could then literally 1 shot you, in fact I have a screenshot somewhere where I got hit for a 16k Starsurge and a 23k Full Moon and died in 0.1 seconds from 100% health. But since they removed Full Moon the skill is fine, it was broken and they fixed it, problem solved.

Boomkins aren't really very threatening outside of Incarn unless they're Kyrian, then they're threatening about every minute which is on par with every other class. Convoke requires way too much setup to be reliable, and even if everything is set up properly it's still pretty easy to stop it on every class. And if everything has to go right for your 2 minute CD to be effective I'd wager it's not a great skill.
    Go watch Whazz's boomkin alt pushing into 3.1k 3s just laughing his ass off at convoke. There's actually multiple R1 players shitting on other R1s with convoke on stream just laughing about how silly it is. If R1 glads arnt "Just kicking it" I highly doubt the 2500 elo gods are doing it :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I think I’ve died to a Druid convoke once, because I main one I expect it when I see one.

Ret Paladins however... how has this dogshit spec not been nerfed? As a Boomkin and Ele sham, which are both very strong.. when a ret pops wings I’m dead 9/10 times before I can even react. Even if I react, they bubble and continue the exact same dps. Or they WoG for 30k and continue....

I’m just baffled how the fuck this made it through ptr without devs going “yeah this seems a bit much”.

Also Wednesdays are the biggest cuckfest ever for pvp.. trying to do the weeekly? Nah.. premade gladiator teams... trying to queue ranked? Nah... gladiators boosting people...

As a pvp main, I can’t wait for a new game to come out with a better system than this obviously and hopelessly broken one.

Outplay your opponent? Skill doesn’t matter, you die to random 2 shots whenever.
    Ret paladin has been nerfed more than any other class in SL pvp

Quote Originally Posted by talnorosh View Post
    Go watch Whazz's boomkin alt pushing into 3.1k 3s just laughing his ass off at convoke. There's actually multiple R1 players shitting on other R1s with convoke on stream just laughing about how silly it is. If R1 glads arnt "Just kicking it" I highly doubt the 2500 elo gods are doing it :P

- - - Updated - - -

Ret paladin has been nerfed more than any other class in SL pvp
    and yet it still crits me for 25k through 31% vers...

I legit got 2 shot by a ret yesterday on my ele sham during my 40% dmg reduction shield wall and 31% vers. How is that balanced?

Go watch Vanguards stream, at 3k mmr he's globalling people with wings.. it's so fucking dumb.

15+ Year Old Account
    True every xpac balance seem to get worse.
    Now in a day that the numbers are so low it should be much more easy.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by talnorosh View Post
    So someone who has over 300 games played of Boomkin was able to put together a 10 minute video of him getting a handful of good convokes off. Yeah... I'm not sure that means what you think it means.

The only class in the game that needs to be nerfed right now is Ret Paladin, every other class is pretty much fine.

You'd think that Blizzard has learned their lesson though, but nope, take a look at the new Flagellation for rogue, it can pretty much kill a player by itself. Meanwhile, the objectively useless ability for warlock "impending catastrophe" (yeah, catastrophe for the user) got a 10% buff.

yeah boomkinds are way too strong atm.

as is retripalas and warriors imo.

Rouges has a little too much utility atm aswell.

and lol that lock slow needs to have an 8sec timer like all other slows, not a retarded 30sec one.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    True every xpac balance seem to get worse.
    Now in a day that the numbers are so low it should be much more easy.
    Is this your first Xpac? because i can tell you balance has been worse (and better) than it is now

They balance everything around 226 gear and their stupid tournaments. Who cares about 95%+ of the rest of the players wanting to have some fun in random bgs.

I mean fresh 60 has around 20k hp and you can be in a group with players with over 40k hp (not tanks). How is that supposed to be fun for fresh players? Of course, it is also not fun for the other team members, which will lead to flames "get gear before you join BGs". I mean wasn't the idea of random bgs to get gear?

Legion had one of the best random bgs because of the templates which made gear only have around 5-10% impact, but some ppl cried so load on the forums that blizzard changed it. That are these 40k players who have fun farming 20k players in random bgs...

Right now the burst feels like as if Call of Duty developers took over WoW pvp balance and thought that previous fights took way too long.

was playing aff/hpriest and we are 220gear and we met 2x rogues with under 30k hp at 1.9k cr and if they couldnt burst down lock on Opener all they did was run and wait for cds and dampening, then try again. We couldnt catch them if we survived..... the stealth thingi is useless when they just jump on u and sap.

PvP feels real bad now. You will die in a stun if you don't have a trinket. There is no intelligent back-and-forth it's all about popping DPS cds and hoping the other guy drops before you. There are also fewer players online at any given time... no surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    convoke is the dumbest spell in wow history
    Cannot agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarni View Post
    They balance everything around 226 gear and their stupid tournaments. Who cares about 95%+ of the rest of the players wanting to have some fun in random bgs.

I mean fresh 60 has around 20k hp and you can be in a group with players with over 40k hp (not tanks). How is that supposed to be fun for fresh players? Of course, it is also not fun for the other team members, which will lead to flames "get gear before you join BGs". I mean wasn't the idea of random bgs to get gear?

Legion had one of the best random bgs because of the templates which made gear only have around 5-10% impact, but some ppl cried so load on the forums that blizzard changed it. That are these 40k players who have fun farming 20k players in random bgs...

Right now the burst feels like as if Call of Duty developers took over WoW pvp balance and thought that previous fights took way too long.
    its not because people complained, its because pvp participation was the lowest it has ever been in legion

Just because snowflakes on mmochamp think its a better system because they use 90% of their time in pet battles, and do 1 bg a week, does not make it a better system for the masses

Imagine how many people would quit raiding if there was no raid loot, and everyone had the same stats?
    progression is the main thing in an mmo, specifically gear...
    Get out of that legion hole, legion was a terrible expansion for pvp, the only thing that carried that infinite AP grind, rando leggo that defines 60% of your classes viability, mess was M+

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post
    PvP feels real bad now. You will die in a stun if you don't have a trinket. There is no intelligent back-and-forth it's all about popping DPS cds and hoping the other guy drops before you. There are also fewer players online at any given time... no surprise.
    It should be like that
    players should be able to punish other players that misplay, not having your trinket up is something both teams should play around

Dont have trinket? play defensive, and cc goes
    dont trinket unless you see cooldowns, and you absolutly have to?

Its a learning curve, which is a good thing in this dumbing down everything meta that blizzard had going for it in legion and BFA

Quote Originally Posted by Rollatorklm View Post

It should be like that
    players should be able to punish other players that misplay, not having your trinket up is something both teams should play around

Dont have trinket? play defensive, and cc goes
    dont trinket unless you see cooldowns, and you absolutly have to?

Its a learning curve, which is a good thing in this dumbing down everything meta that blizzard had going for it in legion and BFA
    I don't even play PvP, but don't you think that it's a little ridiculous that the most important thing in PvP is this trinket? Not what class you play, not which talents you chose, no. It's one piece of gear that's important and decides if you even get a chance to fight.
    That honestly doesn't sound interesting at all. But to each their own. WoW's PvP was never good and it never will be. But as long as some people enjoy it, it's fine.