Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Excuse me... One thousand novels? O_O
    Yes well they have had over 30 years to flesh out their warhammer universes.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Warhammer lore by far, just isolating the writing concerning conflict with Daemons, even the ridiculous and bad parts, is miles better than most of Warcraft lore.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    My problem with 40k has been all the primaris stuff. I vehemently dislike the way gw decided that space marines weren't good enough space marines, shouldn't have happened the way it did.

However, everything outside of that is still pretty good, and the horus heresy (both books and on the tabletop) have been more than good enough in balancing the bad out for me. Also can't wait for old warhammer to return, I hope lizardmen get some nice additions.
    Yeah i agree there is a bit much focus on the primaris marines and Roboute Guilliman's Indomitus Crusade atm but GW needs to sell them models expect more xeno stuff though and there have been some recent really really good ones like Brutal Kunnin' for orks and The Infinite and The Divine for necrons.

But yeah very very exited for the return of the old world as i really miss some good old fantasy adventures where it's all about the world and the characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I could see it happening in the 41rst the last Fabius book seems to be leading to some fulgrim rumbling and the infinite and the divine’s ending should lead to clone fulgrim showing back up soon unless they just kill him off which would be a shame.
    Oh man cant wait for clone Fulgrim he's still loyal too right? Need to listen to The Infinite and The Divine again i have the audibook on audible but cant remember that part, very very good book in general though the discussions and stuff between Trazyn and Orikan is golden.

I know Bile traded the clone to Trazyn from other novels though for Trazyn's museum/galleri on Solemnace but that was a while ago
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-03-17 at 06:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    Am not that good english speaker to explain in details but in short it's missing the level of maturity LOTR has in storytelling and character development. But it's understandable i guess since those are books.
    So you've never read nor watched anything related to Warhammer, gotcha.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Easily Warhammer. WoW lore is a mess that contradicts itself from one expansion to the next and even when they release a book like Chronicles it is retconned almost as soon as it’s printed.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Oh man cant wait for clone Fulgrim he's still loyal too right? Need to listen to The Infinite and The Divine again i have the audibook on audible but cant remember that part, very very good book in general though the discussions and stuff between Trazyn and Orikan is golden.

I know Bile traded the clone to Trazyn from other novels though for Trazyn's museum/galleri on Solemnace but that was a while ago
    he's never directly brought up but if they follow up on how the book ends hes either gonna show up following it or die so heres hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    he's never directly brought up but if they follow up on how the book ends hes either gonna show up following it or die so heres hoping.
    Ah roger that yeah lets hope they build on the clone fulgrim story more.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    What hasn't been consistent?
    There are plenty, but lets not forget that one time blizz broke their universe in WoD, because for a time alternate universes were stable and only one burning legion was meant to wipe out life in all of them, or that time Arthas had a piece of humanity, but wait in the end he regretted nothing, but he seems to care again somewhat nowadays, because the walking garbage can ultimately resisted mr clean, since he was supposed to be his tool all along, or that one time the broken Isles housed some of the oldest standing cities and mecha odyn all of a sudden, or that time sylvanas hated to be warchief, but really she wanted it, or dear old derek hey look at me I have been at the bottom of the ocean for decades, but my corpse is still mostly here.

There is so much more of this stuff

Ah roger that yeah lets hope they build on the clone fulgrim story more.
    Could you please stop talking about Warhammer 40K? You've been almost three pages discussing about something that hasn't got anything to do with this thread.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
    Could you please stop talking about Warhammer 40K? You've been almost three pages discussing about something that hasn't got anything to do with this thread.

Thank you.
    Sure let's keep it Fantasy think I'm done with the others here anyways and there is plenty oh plenty of fantasy to talk about too and even more to come in the future when it comes to the new setting

It will be set a couple hundred years before though and will be called the Age of Three Emperors also called the Age of War.

So no issues there Warhammer fantasy is what i grew up with and love the most.

How about you then what novels have you read and what do you like the most?

I can list just a few i recommend if you want some good old fantasy reading.

Gotrek and Felix novels, there is 5 Omnibus collections alone from just Gotrek and Felix with everything you could ever want and you also get a great overview in general of the warhammer world from these novels like Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Skavenslayer, Manslayer you get the point you can kinda get from the name of the novels what races or stories there is going to be. Quite abit of humor in those novels too.

Vampire Wars Trilogy
    The Legend of Sigmar
    The Sundering trilogy
    Skarsnik
    Knights of the Empire
    Witch Hunter trilogy
    Rise Of Nagash trilogy
    Knights of Bretonnia trilogy
    The Blackhearts Omnibus
    Dreadfleet
    The Thanquol trilogy

Malus Darkblade, there is 6 of them all writen by Dan Abnett and they are very dark if your into that pretty much anything with Druchii aka the Dark Elves are but many other novels are too.

Drachenfels if you want a horror novel

There is tons of amazing ones but there is a couple good ones.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-03-18 at 02:05 AM.

Sure let's keep it Fantasy think I'm done with the others here anyways and there is plenty oh plenty of fantasy to talk about too and even more to come in the future when it comes to the new setting

It will be set a couple hundred years before though and will be called the Age of Three Emperors also called the Age of War.

So no issues there Warhammer fantasy is what i grew up with and love the most.

How about you then what novels have you read and what do you like the most?

I can list just a few i recommend if you want some good old fantasy reading.

Gotrek and Felix novels, there is 5 Omnibus collections alone from just Gotrek and Felix with everything you could ever want and you also get a great overview in general of the warhammer world from these novels like Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Skavenslayer, Manslayer you get the point you can kinda get from the name of the novels what races or stories there is going to be. Quite abit of humor in those novels too.

Vampire Wars Trilogy
    The Legend of Sigmar
    The Sundering trilogy
    Skarsnik
    Knights of the Empire
    Witch Hunter trilogy
    Rise Of Nagash trilogy
    Knights of Bretonnia trilogy
    The Blackhearts Omnibus
    Dreadfleet
    The Thanquol trilogy

Malus Darkblade, there is 6 of them all writen by Dan Abnett and they are very dark if your into that pretty much anything with Druchii aka the Dark Elves are but many other novels are too.

Drachenfels if you want a horror novel

There is tons of amazing ones but there is a couple good ones.
    The Gotrek and Felix series is absolutely fantastic and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere to start with the Warhammer world. The first two books are good but it really picks up the pace by the third and after that it's just a great tour of the Warhammer world.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW Gotrek survived the end of the world and found himself in the Mortal Realms in an audio drama read by Brian Blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The Gotrek and Felix series is absolutely fantastic and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere to start with the Warhammer world. The first two books are good but it really picks up the pace by the third and after that it's just a great tour of the Warhammer world.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW Gotrek survived the end of the world and found himself in the Mortal Realms in an audio drama read by Brian Blessed.
    Still need to listen to that audio drama by Brian Blessed i heard good things about it though.

But yeah agreed wonderful books to get a good feel about the world and i just love their adventures

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Warcraft has lore? LOL Don't you dare compare those franchises please...

For many years now, everything related to Warcraft has been nothing more than a parody
    No lore is better than Warhammer lore

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Warhammer races seem even more one-note than Warcraft races. All orks are dumb gits, all dwarfs are grudge-obsessed grumps, all Asur are arrogant prima donnas, all Druchii are 14 yr old internet edgelords.

Lizardmen are cool though. Lord Kroak is a WMD in Warhammer Total War 2.
    This.
    As terrible as warcraft lore can be, warhammer doesn't even seem to try to be anything other than simple rule of cool moronicity.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Many of you say that Warcraft's lore is tied to the game and therefore, you cannot take it seriously. Well, Warhammer's lore is based on a tabletop wargame, and if you have a look at, for instance, End Times' story, it has a lot of battles that make no sense, and they're there just to justify the campaign.

It's the lovely Flesh-Eater Courts hehe GW have yet to add proper vampires to the setting but they will come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Got damn those models look sicks as hell.

Looks like Revendreth, with some extra steampunk stuff.

"Stairs go up".
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Looks like Revendreth, with some extra steampunk stuff.
    Think there is 3 different undead factions in AoS so far with a 4th coming with vampires like the fantasy setting.

There is so far

Flesh-Eater Courts
    Legions of Nagash
    Nighthaunt

All with their own models and they look so got damn amazing specially the nighthaunt. Need to paint me some of those soon.