Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    My girlfriend and I picked up a Stormcast/Nighthaunt set. I took the Stormcast while she took the Nighthaunts. We've both been obsessing over them lately as we get them built and painted.
    Warhammer miniatures are super fun, but they're usually a pain to glue together lol

I have a massive chest full of the Citadel paints, and minis. It's... a pretty expensive hoopy ;p
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Not to talk down on WoW lore or anything, cause I'm not...

But this video is so fucking wrong. I gotta make a damn essay on this shit.
    Well... It was not wrong, until it became just personal.

I'm not sure I agree with the conclusion. I feel like people can't help but being attached to characters, but they should stop projecting themselves into those characters and think that they are due to have the same development they want to see for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post

I'm not sure I agree with the conclusion. I feel like people can't help but being attached to characters, but they should stop projecting themselves into those characters and think that they are due to have the same development they want to see for themselves.
    Any story which lore is guided by rule of cool and nothing else will be dumb. Video is pretty much on point.

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    I don't know too much about Warhammer, but I've always had the impression that they lean very much into the "crapsack world" (to use a TV tropes term) feel for both Warhammer and 40k, every race is super gray and borderline horrible with a "whoeever wins we all lose" sort of feel.
    You are very wrong about that ^^

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    They have already announced it's coming back like a year ago, it will be set during the Age of Three Emperors also called the Age of War.

- - - Updated - - -

Aye they look amazing.
    Yeah, I know, "The Old World" project, but it's gonna talk about the past, so it's not a "return" per se. It's better than nothing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
    Yeah, I know, "The Old World" project, but it's gonna talk about the past, so it's not a "return" per se. It's better than nothing, though.
    The races of men like the Empire and Bretonnia will have new characters of course as they age (unless your a grail knight) but there is alot of races that's immortal and dont die of age like the lizardmen (unless your a skink), tomb kings, vampire counts and stuff like chaos champions and daemons then there are elves that can also live for several thousands of years and even Dwarfs can live for 400-500 years and if they are stubborn enough they can live for a very long time one example is Kragg the Grim that's 1600 years so there will most likely be alot of returning characters too.

- - - Updated - - -

But yeah the setting is 300 years in the past i believe so no Karl Franz and the likes but there will be characters like
    Louen Orc Slayer the king of Bretonnia and tons of other characters.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-04-04 at 02:03 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Warhammer miniatures are super fun, but they're usually a pain to glue together lol

I have a massive chest full of the Citadel paints, and minis. It's... a pretty expensive hoopy ;p
    Yea you sure are right about it being expensive lmao. But, I don't mind it. Just collect stuff over time.

I'm gonna have to take up glueing, as I've only got those pushpin models and those seams they leave behind are pretty bad lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Any story which lore is guided by rule of cool and nothing else will be dumb. Video is pretty much on point.
    What's dumb about it? Explain to me why the Warcraft cosmology chart is based on "rule of cool" only. Cause it's clearly not.

- - - Updated - - -

No. The video is wrong.

Do I seriously have to explain to you how the Warcraft Cosmos works?

- - - Updated - - -

It's the easiest shit to understand.

Do I seriously have to explain to you how the Warcraft Cosmos works?

It's the easiest shit to understand.
    Just because the schematic is easy doesn't mean it's good or it makes any sense when inserted in the whole setting.

I've only seen this cosmology bring retcons at best and misleads at worst.

Opposing Void and Light + that Alleria/Turalyon story has brought people to think mixing these two magic was like trying nuclear fusion.

Ingame examples until then brought some distinction between the Shadow and the Void and those two are now mixed up for the worst.

Arcane was the gateway drug that led to the Fel, but now they are opposite energies in the cosmos. Arcane is supposed to be the Order magic, but it's so much used to bypass the laws of reality that the main concern of its users is to not destroy said reality by using it.

Fel and Arcane are both used to destroy and to build, to the point their association with Order and Disorder doesn't make much sense.

Decay and Spirit don't make sense as elements, since they are a component of elemental and a mean to summon their power.

You get a Death plan and a Fel plan, but no Life plan and Order plan in sight. What would a Life plan even look like ? A plan where shits just... Live ??

Titans are creatures of Order but instead of being born from their own plan, they are born in our material plan.

Emerald Dream is defined as part of Nature forces but is an artificial plan created by Titans.

This schematic has been brought as a corner stone of Warcraft's cosmology, but it came many years too late, when the setting was already an amalgamate mess. It defeats its own purpose of clarifying the setting by bringing up even more questions and inconsistencies.

<text>
    You're throwing a whole lot of stuff together that doesn't actually mean what you seem to think.

Just for some examples, how exactly the Emerald Dream came to be isn't actually detailed and even in-universe it isn't yet entirely clear whether it was created or was actually part of a pre-existing formation that was either modified or simply accessed by the Titans.

There's also already been hints at Order (where else would Aluneth come from?) and Life planes (even a name: The Gardens of Life). Also, all of the forces have fairly significant overlap in what they can be used to do; the differences are generally in how it is done.

The retcons are a necessity to get the whole thing straigthened out, but they're mostly in regards to decades old stuff. You can't clarify things unless you resolve the inconsistencies.

3+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft lore takes inspiration from Warhammer to begin with. Add in the fact that most people including me aren't too impressed with Warcraft's writing and you've got my opinion on this matter: Warhammer has superior writing. And this is coming from someone who has been a Warcraft lore nut his entire life and only dabbles in Warhammer on occasion.

As much as I like Warcraft's lore (not including the latest expansions which butchered it), Warhammer Fantasy is just better in all aspects. Unless we're talking about AoS.

What's dumb about it? Explain to me why the Warcraft cosmology chart is based on "rule of cool" only. Cause it's clearly not.
    Like everything in warcraft it was thrown together because it sound cool and/or edgy enough. It is like lore star citizen. Just random stuff throw into a steaming pile. But hey - TITAN OF ORDER OPOSING THE BURNING LEGIONS OF FELL!!! THE VOID LORDS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Like everything in warcraft it was thrown together because it sound cool and/or edgy enough. It is like lore star citizen. Just random stuff throw into a steaming pile. But hey - TITAN OF ORDER OPOSING THE BURNING LEGIONS OF FELL!!! THE VOID LORDS!!!
    More like everybody against everybody FFA. The Titans didn't even oppose the Burning Legion, who was mostly fighting against regular mortals to prevent a Void incursion, until Sargeras directly attacked them, and that was more of a personal spat anyway.

We're only now even getting any real insight into the actual fights between the cosmic powers. Its kinda like up till now we've been seeing WH40k lore exclusively from the PoV of the Tau.