Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    This, and also it doesn't answer the question of why he picked 'prostitution salons' versus one of the shitsquillion strip clubs or adult video stores in Atlanta. Or why American media seems to have such a hard time reporting witnesses when Korean news is pretty open with the witness testimony quoting the shooter as saying "I'm going to kill all Asians."

- - - Updated - - -

There's no such thing.
    He targeted these locations because as was said in the police statement, he claims to have visited them before and attributed them to his addiction.

I'm glad there are psychiatrists out there helping sex addicts regardless of health organizations sperging about the technical limitations they've set around the word "addiction"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Do you think he was going and lurking a bunch of Google reviews? Why would he be lurking them for these places to begin with? Why didn't he hit up any strip clubs, I'm sure plenty of them have similar reviews on Google.

This seems like some low effort stanning for a fuckin mass murderer.

Do you know who else is a sex addict? Tiger fuckin Woods. I don't recall that one time he went on a shooting spree at salons and shit. He just banged a lot of ladies. Anthony Weiner? Naw, he just sexted some 16 year old or something gross. No mass murder there, either.

Or are we just taking mass-murderers words at face value and totes believing them because they just had a really bad day?
    In no way have I tried to make excuses for what happened. I just see people jumping on the racial bandwagon very fast despite conflicting evidence. It's like people immediately posting about islam in old terrorism threads.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    He targeted these locations because as was said in the police statement, he claims to have visited them before and attributed them to his addiction.
    He said that? I guess we just have to take him at his word, there's no way he'd ever lie or make shit up.

He's just a good guy who had a really bad day.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    They actually were prostitution spas. Check out the written reviews. https://www.google.com/search?q=gold...bf71f35d4e2b,1,,,
    asians make up 4.4% of the population in atlanta. are you trying to telling me it's totally just coincidence he targeted 3 asian businesses?

They actually were prostitution spas. Check out the written reviews. https://www.google.com/search?q=gold...bf71f35d4e2b,1,,,
    $500 seems pretty steep for a standard massage, doesn't it?

15+ Year Old Account

I'm glad there are psychiatrists out there helping sex addicts regardless of health organizations sperging about the technical limitations they've set around the word "addiction"

- - - Updated - - -

In no way have I tried to make excuses for what happened. I just see people jumping on the racial bandwagon very fast despite conflicting evidence. It's like people immediately posting about islam in old terrorism threads.
    I guess you just glossed over the witness testimony of survivors saying he was yelling he wanted to kill all Asians when he started firing.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    I guess you just glossed over the witness testimony of survivors saying he was yelling he wanted to kill all Asians when he started firing.
    "This one korean newspaper found a witness testimony that every other media in the world missed" You're conspiracy posting.

This article basically confirms they were sex spas https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rs/4737755001/

15+ Year Old Account
    "This one korean newspaper found a witness testimony that every other media in the world missed" You're conspiracy posting.

This article basically confirms they were sex spas https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rs/4737755001/
    Missed? It's in the public record, and the FBI and local detectives have dozens of eye witness accounts. He didn't murder every person in these spas.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Missed? It's in the public record, and the FBI and local detectives have dozens of eye witness accounts. He didn't murder every person in these spas.
    I'm saying mainstream media would be reporting the same if it were true. They'd love the opportunity to do so, asian hate is a hot topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    And how is that relevant?
    Last edited by Masark; 2021-03-19 at 03:40 AM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    And how is that relevant?
    Adds a layer of legitimacy to the shooter's claimed motive for those that desperately want it to be race-related.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why didn't he hit up any strip clubs, I'm sure plenty of them have similar reviews on Google.
    Strip clubs, even clean ones, are upfront that they're about sex. If this guy really had some major religious hangups about sex, he'd never go somewhere where it was out in the open like that. A massage place also gives the cover if you're seen going to one that you're really only getting a massage, there's no such question about what you're doing at a strip club. Strip clubs also tend to have security that massage places might not (club near me I've been to has about 6 security guys, the smallest one is about 6'5 250lbs).
    Last edited by Nellise; 2021-03-19 at 04:05 AM.

Adds a layer of legitimacy to the shooter's claimed motive for those that desperately want it to be race-related.
    this is the hill you want to die on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

You can compound it with the other evidence that it wasn't racially motivated and draw your own conclusions.

1. he didn't exclusively kill asians
    2. the summation of his police interrogation: he's a sex addict that frequented these locations and thought doing this would break his addiction.
    Let's face it, he's still going to be having plenty of sex, only now it will be with 300-pound guys named Bubba.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on now, the officer was just having a bad day when he made those racist social media posts, he was at the end of his rope and fed up, leave him alone.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, thank god he didn't go shoot up any place in response to his bad day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there security footage at each of the locations. Because that would be helpful in understanding who he targeted.

The non asians who were injured or killed could simply have been collateral damage. We have no idea.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Weird how you're so quick to take anything a murder says at face value, but you immediately dismiss any possible witness testimony as "conspiracy."
    I didn't take it at face value, it has supporting evidence. Why doesn't mainstream media talk about this testimony?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Weird how you're so quick to take anything a murder says at face value, but you immediately dismiss any possible witness testimony as "conspiracy."
    I mean there is value at taking things from the horses mouth.

No one is really asking you to side or accept his views but it seems reasonable to assume hes not lying about his motives. What gain would there be for him to do so?

I get trying to make everything into a race war is the current fade just like satanic cults in the 90s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I mean there is value at taking things from the horses mouth.

No one is really asking you to side or accept his views but it seems reasonable to assume hes not lying about his motives. What gain would there be for him to do so?
    Avoiding hate crime charges on top of what he's already facing.

A really fucking obvious motive to lie about his intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    less punishment if they believe it... it wouldn't be a hate crime...
    What's less in this scenario?

I admit I find hate crime laws as pointless trivialities crime should be punished more then the motive for it but he killed multiple people its death or life imprisonment isnt it.