Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Sad, but not surprising. And for a few days Twitter is filled with the rich and famous demanding gun control, but no one actually does anything and life will go back to normal next week, until the next shooting. Silly Americans.

Is it odd that I read about the suspect being captured alive, and my first thought was "oh, he must have been white."
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Well... what a surprise. A white guy killed a bunch of people randomly.

We are opening up. Time to get back to weekly mass shootings. Then we will move to daily ones!

Fall 2021 is looking bleak... school shootings are going back to norm.
    The race card again... you just don't get tired of it, do you?

If this forum were filled of topics regarding tragic events were the perpetrators were anyone but "white", you'd be screeching "So the OP is a racist...".

Good thing you frequent a forum where you get away with your nonsense, hey?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Well... what a surprise. A white guy killed a bunch of people randomly.
    Come on now, don't be so quick to judge him. He may have been having a bad day for all we know and was just fed up with everything and this was his way of letting off a little steam.

I would say don't judge him until you've walked a mile in his shoes, but I'm not even sure that he was wearing shoes.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Guess the PR cycle for the next few days is:

- “thoughts and prayers”
    - randos sharing statistics about gun violence to minimize the conversation
    - obsession over the shooter, his background, the why
    - a 30 second clip of the victims’ funeral procession
    - silence until the next shooting

It’s almost like just hoping it stops isn’t working.

Again? Must be a day that ends in "y".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    Who the fuck cares what his skin color is?! Jesus get that fucking racist shit out of your mind! He’s a fuckin tool who deserves to burn for what he did and if you think his skin color matters you’re nothing but a racist using this tragedy to push your agenda
    The cops/media care about skin color.

Were he any darker he'd be dead, and Fox & co would be running week long segments how terrorism committed by minorities is the biggest existential threat to the U.S.

Lol .
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Lol .
    Why exactly do you find 10 innocent people getting murdered to be funny?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Why exactly do you find 10 innocent people getting murdered to be funny?
    I mean, at this point black humor is all you can have. But hey, let's head on over to the gun control thread and discuss some more, cos that's more important, keeping the debate (and the NRA) alive. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I mean, at this point black humor is all you can have. But hey, let's head on over to the gun control thread and discuss some more, cos that's more important, keeping the debate (and the NRA) alive. :P
    I mean, I love black humor, but that wasn't even to that level... it was simply laughing at people being murdered.

*shrugs*

Philly and NYC have had murders almost every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I’m assuming the user is laughing at how many shootings happen in America. It’s just another day in the US... which is both sad and funny that nothing is being done to regulate guns and improve mental health.

All people do is offer their condolences, while we remember the victims. It’s honestly just comical at this point.
    That is something I'd get, but there was little context to show that.

If he had said, "It must be another day that ends in "Y" in America," that would make more sense.

"So, did he go in naked, or did the exercise make him hot, so he decided to cool down?"

"He was just having a bad day."

Those I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I mean, I love black humor, but that wasn't even to that level... it was simply laughing at people being murdered.
    I mean... it's pretty funny to watch the US go through each cycle and still stubbornly deny the OBVIOUS solution that works everywhere else. In the end, you guys love these shootings, otherwise you'd do something about it. So far, you're doing fuckall about it. Who are we to judge the life choices people in the US make? And from that perspective, it is a bit funny to watch the fake outrage by people like you. You'll have forgotten about this thing next week and that'll be that. And that's why people think this is funny.

I mean, I get it. It's probably not funny from your perspective... please don't go on a rampage now. I actually do not want to be in the news. Calm down man.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I mean... it's pretty funny to watch the US go through each cycle and still stubbornly deny the OBVIOUS solution that works everywhere else. In the end, you guys love these shootings, otherwise you'd do something about it. So far, you're doing fuckall about it. Who are we to judge the life choices people in the US make? And from that perspective, it is a bit funny to watch the fake outrage by people like you. You'll have forgotten about this thing next week and that'll be that. And that's why people think this is funny.
    Once again, his lack of context was the issue, not the utter irony of America's love of mass shootings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good guy with a gun, turns bad, nothing you can do about that.

t&p

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Exactly. And those same people will just blame the shooting on staff not being armed with guns. The stupidity is just... unreal.
    He shot a cop. I mean, do the gun nuts really think armed clerks are more trained to fend off an active shooter than a cop?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Yeah it's pretty hard to expect anything to be done by now. If elementary school children being gunned down by a nutcase didn't sway the 2A fanatics - nothing will.
    I mean, there's always the maternity ward. Never expect humans to not find a way to sink lower.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    He shot a cop. I mean, do the gun nuts really think armed clerks are more trained to fend off an active shooter than a cop?
    Depends... are we talking clerks in Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    *shrugs*

Philly and NYC have had murders almost every day.
    Murders but why? Do you equate targeted gang related crime to.... random dude wanting to kill random people being.... they just want to kill a bunch of people?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    The race card again... you just don't get tired of it, do you?
    The issue isn't that he is white, the issue is that in recent years certain white people have been doing a lot of mass killings/terrorism etc.

Again.

Black doesn't make you a criminal.
    Muslim doesn't make you a terrorist.
    White doesn't make you a terrorist/mass shooter.

But a whole fucklot of white people have been buying into ideologies associated with violence. White supremacists, incels, conspiracy tards.

The issue is with just how much of the ongoing violence has to do with various "white identity" movements and shit associated with those things.

It's like this.

Muslim=not a problem.
    White=not a problem.
    Jihadist=problem.
    White supremacists and the myriad of bullshit groups and crap aligned with them=problem. But according to people like you, who have been spouting racist stuff for years, we now MUST ignore the problem because the problem "doesn't exist".

Also, people point out the whiteness of the perpetrators to highlight the fucking hypocrisy of having been bombarded for decades with racist messages about "violent' people of color, just for the same fuckers who have been doing that for decades to centuries to spin on a fucking dime the moment the bad guy is white. Like you.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2021-03-23 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    Who the fuck cares what his skin color is?! Jesus get that fucking racist shit out of your mind! He’s a fuckin tool who deserves to burn for what he did and if you think his skin color matters you’re nothing but a racist using this tragedy to push your agenda
    Yeah see, thats kind of the point. He DOES deserve to burn for what he did.

And if he was black, hed be dead and his soul would be burning in hell right now. Or... whatever afterlife you subscribe to.

But hes not black, so obviously the cops managed to arrest him without hurting a hair on his deranged little head.

Pointing out that white people get away with murder more often than anyone else isnt racist at this point, its just a statistically proven fact.