Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Just subscribe then cancel immediately if you want to play month to month. Easy stuff.
    What? They still take the money.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoura View Post
    What? They still take the money.
    no they dont, if you buy a month, then cancel your sub, they wont charge you next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    So many people are going to fail at reading comprehension and think this affects the subscriptions rather than the one-time purchase of game time.

I wonder why they did this? And why 60 days? To push more people to the subscriptions, I guess. But isn't that already the overwhelming way people pay for the game already?
    This.

But it’s also astonishing how Blizzard constantly fails in communicating changes the clearer way possible.

Why not putting a final bolded line “standard subscriptions just remain the same”?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    But why? If you want just a month or longer you can sub and then unsub so what’s the point of making the one time purchase limited?
    Hoping you forget to unsub

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    What's the difference between game time and subscription?
    You can't pay a sub with Bnet balance.
    The big difference maker is tokens.

Many people, myself included, would buy Tokens with gold, turn those into Bnet Balance and then use that Bnet Balance to buy game time at the bulk discount, this gets you more gametime for your gold then simply using 1 token for 1 month of gametime.

This is basically a nerf to people who use tokens to pay for their sub.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    This.

But it’s also astonishing how Blizzard constantly fails in communicating changes the clearer way possible.

Why not putting a final bolded line “standard subscriptions just remain the same”?
    Blizzard has been horrendously bad at clear communication recently. It's kinda sad, honestly.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    So many people are going to fail at reading comprehension and think this affects the subscriptions rather than the one-time purchase of game time.

I wonder why they did this? And why 60 days? To push more people to the subscriptions, I guess. But isn't that already the overwhelming way people pay for the game already?
    Its to stop the people using Tokens to get Bnet Balance and then buy gametime at the same bulk discount rate that Subscriptions get.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    No hate, but oddly enough this might be what makes me quit
    ??? This doesn't apply to subs, you can still sub for 1 month only (you have to cancel ofc, but you can do that immediately). Please don't tell me you don't have paypal nor a credit card in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    So if I buy game time with gold converted into Bnet balance, I can no longer get 6 months' worth of game time with 5 tokens anymore? Am I understanding this right? Awesome...
    Because you can still subscribe/unsubscribe 1 month at a time, at will, I wonder if this is the real point. To reduce the number of people that can indefinitely sustain subs via gold.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wait a second. I just realized that by "Game Time" they don't mean Subscriptions. I never even realized there was a one-time purchase option for game time. Ok, most of us are unaffected and reacted negatively for no reason.

I would say every reduction on your freedom of choice is no good. They are on their right though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    This is basically a nerf to people who use tokens to pay for their sub.
    IN 3/6 MONTH WINDOWS
    nothing has changed for people who buy wow sub time month to month for tokens.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Its to stop the people using Tokens to get Bnet Balance and then buy gametime at the same bulk discount rate that Subscriptions get.
    You're probably right. But wouldn't it have just been simpler to remove the discount from game time if that was their goal?
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

It's like they want people to hate them because this stuff isn't explained at all.

Most people buy sub, they don't even know the game time option exists because it's all the way down in the optional services.

It's like whoever decided to post this thought "Hmm, what kind of shitstorm can I cause today?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously.

Can we get a giant, bold, FUCKING RAINBOW COLORED thing saying

THIS ONLY APPLIES TO GAME CARDS BOUGHT THROUGH THE BLIZZARD STORE. IT DOES NOT AFFECT SUBSCRIPTIONS AT ALL

Thank you.

There will rightly be a fucking uproar.

Quote Originally Posted by Castia View Post
    There will stupidly be a fucking uproar.
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    What's the difference between game time and subscription?
    Game time is transferable. You can gift it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Seriously.

Can we get a giant, bold, FUCKING RAINBOW COLORED thing saying

THIS ONLY APPLIES TO GAME CARDS BOUGHT THROUGH THE BLIZZARD STORE. IT DOES NOT AFFECT SUBSCRIPTIONS AT ALL

Thank you.
    Reciting for extra spread
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    IN 3/6 MONTH WINDOWS
    nothing has changed for people who buy wow sub time month to month for tokens.
    Those who used gold for long term game time would buy it in 3/6 month windows because you got the same discount subs get.
    Aka more gametime for your gold.

Since the start of WoW I always bought 30 days. I won't pay so far in advance for something I only play for roughly a month duo to heavy time restrictions and enjoyment. It's a small change, yet a change that made me decide to never buy game-time again if they do not reverse it. Also I don't see why they would put people in such a position in the first place. The small discounts you get from 'bulk' purchases aren't affecting the company. Bad move, Activision.

Side-note: It's ridiculous to pay so much monthly fee for a game you have to buy first, has an in-game store and has very limited content patches.