Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Leatherworking Drums Improvements in Burning Crusade Classic

Leatherworking Drums Improvements in Burning Crusade Classic
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Sorry is there a blue post confirming these drums?

Confirmed.

Leatherworking drums have been a hot topic since we first started working on Burning Crusade, since they would make Leatherworking feel mandatory.

In the first few patches of original Burning Crusade, the drums had a cast time and smaller radius, which limited their effective use. Leatherworking was an unattractive profession at the time, so the drums were improved in patch 2.3. That led to the fond memories we all have of drum rotations as one of the added layers of teamwork in later Burning Crusade encounters.

Right now in the Burning Crusade Beta, all Leatherworking drums now have an Uncommon and Rare (i.e., “Greater”) version. Our current thinking is that the greater versions will be acquired via recipe drops from Zul’Aman.

While it’s true that we’re generally planning to implement items (and spells and maps and everything else) in their patch 2.4.3 state, this one stood out as something we should make an exception for. By default, we don’t want to change the behavior of items from patch to patch, so we think the right thing to do is to introduce the greater drums as a new item, so that the behavior of the original items doesn’t have to change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like they are still committed to making things fairly authentic... even though I am sure there will still be those who find something to complain about from this.

Blizzard proving once again that they didnt even understand the problem.

Well done, keep inventing some Fel Reaver stories you can feed the community instead of doing something useful.

Make drums usable by anbody regardless of the profession or make a debuff so everyone can only get the buff once every 2 minutes or something. Those are your choices. Do it.
    Last edited by Exkrementor; 2021-03-25 at 09:50 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post

Well done, keep inventing some Fel Reaver stories you can feed the community instead of doing something useful.

Make drums usable by anbody regardless of the profession or make a debuff so everyone can only get the buff once every 2 minutes or something. Those are your choices. Do it.
    hurdur no changes.

No they are your choices. You obviously didn't understand what blizzard have said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Sounds like they are still committed to making things fairly authentic... even though I am sure there will still be those who find something to complain about from this.

Teach me your ways oh mighty Freedom.

15+ Year Old Account
    * Did not fix the problem of having to go LW for minmax.
    * Added a new problem having to change profession mid expansion for minmax.
    How is that not stupid?

Maybe Blizzard should take a look at how OSRS dealt with issues like this; keep everything in its original state and poll any potential changes you wish to make

lmfao wow this just goes to show how utterly inept and tonedeaf blizzard are.

what is this talking about LW. They didnt change the engineering before Classic release so it became mandatory, why would they change LW?

Quote Originally Posted by sephrinx View Post
    lmfao wow this just goes to show how utterly inept and tonedeaf blizzard are.
    What an oddly appropriate description.

Most people won't even care or notice so don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    hello? there's a freaking level boost being sold. and we're still defining good by authenticity when it suits..

even though I am sure there will still be those who find something to complain about from this.
    congrats you're just as clueless as blizzard.
    Last edited by huehuehue; 2021-03-25 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    hello? there's a freaking level boost being sold. and we're still defining good by authenticity when it suits..

congrats you're just as clueless as blizzard.
    You need some cloth for the tears?

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    This confuses me most of all..

How can something be "Mandatory" and "Required" yet also be "Won't even care or notice"

Are the people saying mandatory exaggerating?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know everything inside and out about TBC, being I played it at a low level, but I know this: if they nerfed drums hard like some of you want, other people would be upset, because like they said in the bluepost, "That led to the fond memories we all have of drum rotations as one of the added layers of teamwork in later Burning Crusade encounters." Even if people may not all really have loved the drums, they were a part of the authentic TBC experience, just like they didn't nerf engineering for Classic and it became mandatory for minmaxers. And if they do this ZA greater drum thing, then you're upset... so it really is about what group is bigger: the group that wants old drums, or the group that wants nerfed drums? They go with numbers, because money, because business.

Same for the level boost, really. Sure, it's not exactly authentic, but... I have read a lot of people on forums saying they wanted to play only TBC or up, and the boosts give a nice way for that to happen, and there's only one per account, no Horde paladins or Alliance shamans boosted to 58 allowed. And, again, business, money. So some people get to play TBC where they elsewise would have sat out, Blizzard gets some money, and the community has a larger pool of players to recruit from. If you can get over the "EWWW BOOST" factor, it seems perfectly logical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    what is this talking about LW. They didnt change the engineering before Classic release so it became mandatory, why would they change LW?
    Because engineering wasn’t mandatory. Even the top guilds on my server (Herod) don’t require it. Leather working will be required because drums are FAR more powerful than engineering was in vanilla.

Blizzards fine with making changes as we see with them adding fucking boosts and adding new mounts that didn’t exist so they should do something that will actually benefit the game and cut the drums out. It’s not like the raids will be too hard without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    True, just like wbuffs and engineering are things most people won't even care or notice.

Maybe retail players should keep their opinion on Classic to themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    * Did not fix the problem of having to go LW for minmax.
    * Added a new problem having to change profession mid expansion for minmax.
    How is that not stupid?
    Minmax is also to some extent a problem of choice. If they have to micromanage every feature of the game around optimization, the game will be trash because the players are trash

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    This confuses me most of all..

How can something be "Mandatory" and "Required" yet also be "Won't even care or notice"

Are the people saying mandatory exaggerating?
    The game is easy, all you need to do is follow the mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    True, just like wbuffs and engineering are things most people won't even care or notice.

Maybe retail players should keep their opinion on Classic to themselves?
    Everything will be fine.