Ritual with the Vaal? I'm down.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why POE2 on the endslate when that shit isn't until like, 2022 at the earliest?
    Id guess there gonna start releasing info on it like say how blizzcon shows abunch of stuff and starts putting info out before the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Id guess there gonna start releasing info on it like say how blizzcon shows abunch of stuff and starts putting info out before the beta.
    If my guess is right, GGG will wait till D4 is month or two after release and then release PoE2. In this race, second one will win. They will probably also do this with promo stuff too.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    If my guess is right, GGG will wait till D4 is month or two after release and then release PoE2..
    How many years do you want them to delay PoE2? lol
    I'm willing to bet earliest a late 2023 release for D4.

If my guess is right, GGG will wait till D4 is month or two after release and then release PoE2. In this race, second one will win. They will probably also do this with promo stuff too.
    I'm sorry man, but PoE is never going to replace D2LOD:R. Not in a million years. D4 can go fuck off, I'm going with the older sister. (If reconstruction pays off, of course )

10+ Year Old Account
    The POE2 Teasing seems early. I mean there own words Source say they are unlikely even to beta until 2022. I fully expect POE2 to be a Winter 2022 or Spring 2023 launch. It seems like they want to hype POE2 to bury some of the current complaints about the game with distractions. Also I know the teaser is just that but definitely did not see anything that screamed must play yet. Ill hold back judgement until we see the full presser but I am feeling like it will be a skip league for me. Ritual was one of my longest play time league with 6 characters 90+ but the harvest nerfs and the performance issues people still experience (hence there is a performance patch coming in a week or so, per GGG on reddit) is kind of inexcusable.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I'm sorry man, but PoE is never going to replace D2LOD:R. Not in a million years. D4 can go fuck off, I'm going with the older sister. (If reconstruction pays off, of course )
    It doesn't need to replace it, PoE is simply better and more modern game with frequent updates, nostalgia trip ain't bad but its just that, nostalgia.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't love POE but.... I think you are wayoverhyping Diablo 2.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Diablo 2 is still the gold standard, in my opinion, but I don't think if it released today it would have gone anywhere.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Diablo 2 is still the gold standard, in my opinion, but I don't think if it released today it would have gone anywhere.
    Well yea.

Timing is everything. Most things that make a cultural impact is because they filled a market at the right time and hit a wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't love POE but.... I think you are wayoverhyping Diablo 2.
    It doesn't need to replace it, PoE is simply better and more modern game with frequent updates, nostalgia trip ain't bad but its just that, nostalgia.

Played D2 for over 10.000 hours, so no, I'm really not. PoE is a completely different beast. It's a good game most of the time, but in D2, I know why I died, in PoE, I basically never do. That's the difference. As an old man of 36, I can't catch up with the particles anymore. D2 never gave anyone a hard time figuring out why they died. I think that horse has been beaten to death, but PoE had to balance the game by countering overpowered characters with instant death. That on itself makes PoE a worse game, regardless of the fact that I agree that it's probably one of the best games of this decade.

I also have a slight fear for the future of PoE2. Tencent has left the game alone for the most part, but I doubt that will continue with the release of PoE2. I hope not, but I do have that fear.

Edit: That said. Of course there is a lot of nostalgia present, as well. I would love remakes of two games, they have always been Diablo II and Dungeon Keeper (1). No changes, just remade for modern systems. Even though I realize that Dungeon Keeper would need a difficulty slider (up,up,up).
    Last edited by Vespian; 2021-03-26 at 11:39 AM.

Played D2 for over 10.000 hours, so no, I'm really not. PoE is a completely different beast. It's a good game most of the time, but in D2, I know why I died, in PoE, I basically never do. That's the difference. As an old man of 36, I can't catch up with the particles anymore. D2 never gave anyone a hard time figuring out why they died. I think that horse has been beaten to death, but PoE had to balance the game by countering overpowered characters with instant death. That on itself makes PoE a worse game, regardless of the fact that I agree that it's probably one of the best games of this decade.

I also have a slight fear for the future of PoE2. Tencent has left the game alone for the most part, but I doubt that will continue with the release of PoE2. I hope not, but I do have that fear.

Edit: That said. Of course there is a lot of nostalgia present, as well. I would love remakes of two games, they have always been Diablo II and Dungeon Keeper (1). No changes, just remade for modern systems. Even though I realize that Dungeon Keeper would need a difficulty slider (up,up,up).
    You died because your character wasn't tanky enough.

That being said. Start recording your gameplay or use addon to record it for you. PoE overlay has death recap as video.

Also china client is better than official one so I would love if tencent make it like that. Even with P2W pet that grabs cheap currency.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

You died because your character wasn't tanky enough.

That being said. Start recording your gameplay or use addon to record it for you. PoE overlay has death recap as video.

Also china client is better than official one so I would love if tencent make it like that. Even with P2W pet that grabs cheap currency.
    It is self-evident, that at the time of death, I was not tanky enough for whatever hit me. I have not heard of this video mode before, does that exist ingame? The problem is usually, in what sense was I not tanky enough. Is it the build, the amount of mobs, unlucky crits, or just a freak combination of special mobs?

D2 doesn't have those issues. It's perfectly clear what you're fighting and how things killed you. Can't wait to play a game that's slightly more self-explanatory compared to PoE in that sense.

Again, PoE is a great game, even when I quit, I would still recommend it to others and Ive not just played the game, I have also payed the game. I was an early beta player and supporter, got my Kiwi pet and irl t-shirt to prove it and I have later supported the game several times.

That doesn't change the fact that to me, D2LOD was the perfect game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why POE2 on the endslate when that shit isn't until like, 2022 at the earliest?
    They are going to show some new stuff apparently.

During our livestream announcement for our 3.14 expansion next week, we'll share the first look at Path of Exile 2 since it was announced at ExileCon!
    https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3077132

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile..._generals_cry/

Awwww snizzaps, is it bad that I'm almost more excited about big updates to PoBuilding than I am to PoE? Because I'm kinda more excited about being able to get more detailed/useful information about my characters outta it.

Forgot the next league is announced Thursday. Haven't even logged in in ages, not sure if the engine improvements are live yet, but damned if I can't find a build that I actually want to play. I love the idea of an inquisitor using teh improved tree to weave attacks/spells for something silly like Crack Lance and/or would love to build a decent spectral throw/shield throw character but like...every time I look around or try to build one from scratch it either requires far too many specific pieces to be SSF friendly/viable, but more importantly they all appear to be absolute garbage.

I really hope they don't jebait us with another "we buffed over 40 skills!" only to give them the most minor of improvements and leave most of them still garbage. Buff more skills and make them viable/competitive again, for the love of all that is good.

PoBuiling is the real game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    PoBuiling is the real game.
    What's my deeps? Tooltip says 20K and that feels low...

*goes into PoB fork*
    *calculates actual DPS*

Oh... I guess 20K actually means 14.8 million DPS, neat!

What's my deeps? Tooltip says 20K and that feels low...

*goes into PoB fork*
    *calculates actual DPS*

Oh... I guess 20K actually means 14.8 million DPS, neat!
    I don't use PoB (maybe I shoould...) but yeah, I have no idea what my DPS is either with my current Ritual character. I have a Lancing Steel CoC Ice Spear Deadeye; all I can tell from my tooltip was that my Ice Spear's base damage was only like 9k non-crit, but then I have no idea how many Ice Spear casts I actually trigger each second with Lancing Steel, I gain a bunch of extra damage against chilled and blinded enemies that my tooltip doesn't account for, same with Sniper's Mark and my 50% cold pen and Frostbite.. and who knows if my Lancing Steel itself is contributing actual damage despite having no +phys on my weapon. (Most of my +increased damage passives are Projectile, and some Cold.)

So my character sheet says Ice Spear does like 22k (only first form taken into account) but I think my DPS in practice is upper 7-digit or low 8-digit... maybe..? I don't know, I've never played a character this strong before. =p

Pre-league engine update patch is out. Seeing a lot of mixed results so far, may poke around to see if the texture-streaming hell is back on SSD's for shits and giggles.

Pre-league engine update patch is out. Seeing a lot of mixed results so far, may poke around to see if the texture-streaming hell is back on SSD's for shits and giggles.
    Now, I just don't have any textures until a good 3 minutes into the game. But after that, seems less.