Poll: Rate Shadowlands

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    7-8. Playing with friends is still enjoyable.
    Hi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post

as for that veiled attempt for insult (lets not pretend its something else), you accidentaly stumbled on truth - using logic instead of current mood swing would in fact be one personal trait important for good executive, in any company, unless you ofc want to bankrupt it...
    People pretending this is some mood swing is what will eventually bakrupt a company. People aren't rating it low en mass because everyone is on their period. They do so because things got boring. This isn't a single player game that you finish, leave alone and pick up again when you are feeling nostalgic. It is meant to be played constantly. Sure they say it is okay to unsub till the next patch but that is lost revenue for them. The aim is to keep players hooked as long as possible. And for that the single most valuable information for the devs is how long people can do something before it gets boring.

Yes a 5 point drop might look excessive, but you need to be extra bad at your job to not have a honeymoon phase where everything seems new and fresh. Oh the zones are so pretty.....one month later: meh getting around this zone is pretty bad. But at least it looks good..........one more month later: fighting trash mobs is boring. I wish this zones wasn't a labirinth...one more month later: screw this zone. I'm going to go to Revendreth......wait were flight paths always this long?

Of course this is probably not literally how it went, but you get the idea I'm sure.

Granted we always need to take into account that many here have played for 10+ years may have simply burned out now. But you would be hard pressed to find someone who would admit it.

Having great fun, leveled 6 chars to 60 so far and usually would only have 2 by the same point in the expansion.

Also really enjoying CN although only 2/10 mythic so far.

Been the perfect game to distract from COVID lockdown / winter.

Looking forward to the upcoming patches, but will generally play less during the summer months.

Guys just leave retail, join us on classic.

Also on a side note; we reqcruiting

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=chiddie;53093643]Dude I don’t want to enter again the “it’s a MMORPG, you ARE supposed to do group content to progress past a certain point” tunnel... but it’s exactly this.

Solo activities (for the moment) are too easy to give really meaningful gear, considering that ilvl 200 is M+9 drops, I think that actual brainless solo activities are rewarded more than enough.[

I appreciate you're not actually reading it, and just giving your kneejerk 'casuals shouldn't get stuff' response.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Rated it 7-8 in the last poll. Now 3-4, my subscription ended in January as I did all of the content in Shadowlands. Never looked back one day since then as there’s simply nothing exciting at the moment. And with the very late 9.1 I don’t have a reason to come back for at least another 2 months.

Shadowlands had a very good start and was very good in the first weeks, way better than BfA or WoD in my opinion. But it became tedious and boring very quickly and now it just exists.

World's okayest
    expansion

Shadowlands would have been my favorite expansion if not for what I consider a storyline with even less relevance to the game's forward plot than WoD did.

Time-travel and alternate dimension expansions I am not at all a fan of, and this being the afterlife makes it feel cheapened with a lack of consequence or danger, and it all operates so similarly to life it seems there's no difference between the two.

The gameplay itself though is fantastic

7+ Year Old Account
    Here's how I rate the expansions.

Classic: 8
    BC: 9
    WOTLK: 10
    Cata: 7
    MOP: 8
    WOD: 2
    Legion: 9
    BFA: 5
    SL: 3
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2021-03-26 at 11:23 PM.

If I put aside content lacking I could go with a 7 or 8. Because the content here isn't bad. A few of the systems could use some work though but the content itself isn't that bad. Considering the content is getting old and rumor mills have people talking like August.. well.. that can drop a 10 to a 2 really fast. But we are still in rumor territory so I am going to give it a 5 or 6.

Vanilla = 10
    TBC = 9
    WOTLK = 8.5

---End of Golden Age---

Cata = 4
    MoP = 7
    WoD = 3
    Legion = 7
    BFA = 5

SL = 5.5 so far

Basically SL is significantly worse than MoP/Legion but slightly better than BFA, and pales in comparison to the golden age.

I rated it horrible in the first poll and horrible in this poll. IMO, SL is bad and the devs should feel bad.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    6.5 / 7.

To sum up, It's a good expansion with improved classes, better dungeons and raid but the Maw, Torghast, anima systems are just terrible.
    improved compared to what? BfA? or for example, MoP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Voted OK (5) way lower than initial 8-9 I believe. Everything is so bland and unmemorable they couldn't even have music within all floors of Torghast lol. PVP gearing is somewhat an improvement to BFA, raid was decent but I can't seem to want to log in. After 4 months there are very few things worth doing and the massive gating on piss poor anima dropping in the world made it even worse for anyone who looks for different types of progressions within the game.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    improved compared to what? BfA? or for example, MoP?
    BfA of course, Legion too in terms of classes. However, this expansion is miles away from being at the level of MoP/Legion in general terms.

i would give a 7/10 for raids, classes and all the typical stuff. even when the immersion feels less warcrafty.

BUT:

i give it a 3,5/10 just for solely one reason: this fucked up treadmill/systems/borrowedpower Alts-Hating shit.

i did all this shit with my druid. ok. run thorgast every week just to be on par with that legendary. grinded 35 x dungeon to get the legendary pattern (remark: TOTALLY different from BfA essences...lol). ok. did that renown and all that campaign shit to have my pact and again: be competitive. then collected the conduits to be, again, competetive.

ok. i did all that fucked up shit i hate so much since Legion.

but now i leveled my sub rogue, SOLELY for doing PVP (BGs and 2v2 only). now i need again:

- renown 40 (or at least 22 for pvp unlock)
    - aprop. pact
    - aprop legendary (thorgast... puking)
    - get legendary pattern (yeah baby, farm thaeter of pain just to get ready for pvp - makes sense)
    - get conduits

I WISH I COULD PUT MY FIST INTO SOME BLIZZARD GAME DESIGNER PRODUCING THAT TREADMILL FUCK.

this makes me puke. really.

i nevr will get how ppl come to the conclusion that is xpac is ANY different than BfA or is in ANY way alt friendly and no treadmill. this ppl must be on the best drugs ever existed.

in reality i give SL just for this reason alone max 2/10
    Last edited by Niwes; 2021-03-27 at 08:32 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Good. Grading on a curve here, because my grade at this point is basically all about chores. An expansion with fewer chores is better than one with more, all else being close to equal. So it's better than BFA and Legion. I do Torghast once a week and it's easy, I go to my class hall or whatever it's called maybe once every two weeks because my bags get full of anima, get my renown randomly, never do dailies, never do callings, never do the maw. I just do what I want. It's a return to how wow was and always should be in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

I have always had a really hard time rating legion. On one hand, the raids and m+ were great. On the other hand, the systems were beyond awful, and burnout over the systems had me unsubbing over and over again every few months. So like, how do you rate something that is half amazing and half horrendous?

But my ranking would be:

Wrath
    Cata
    SL
    MOP
    Legion
    Wod
    BFA

If they go back to the chores next patch, SL will immediately fall below MOP and Legion.
    I enjoyed the systems in Legion. I never had any issues keeping two specs up. I never went out of my way to grind artifact power, just getting what I got from doing the daily emissaries and dungeons. I'm not a hardcore raider, but I still managed to get AOTC for Emerald Nightmare. I didn't do many M+, just the occasional one here and there...it was fun in small doses for me but I would not even consider grinding it. The amount of content they added during that expansion was great...I remember Kara coming out of nowhere when noone expected it, and I LOVED that dungeon. All the raids were good...heck I think all the content they added was good. Broken Shore and Argus were both a lot of fun.

All in all, I don't have any complaints about Legion. While I don't think it's quite the best expansion ever (nothing can top WOTLK, because it also introduced an amazing amount of new stuff, and Northrend itself was amazing - I rate Legion one point lower than WOTLK because the Broken Isles just can't top Northrend). I did unsub for a lengthy break at the end of Legion, but that's because I needed a break from MMO's period, not because I didn't enjoy Legion.

I never understood why people said "systems are awful". I don't care about legendaries...I got what I got, and if I didn't get a particular one I didn't care. I just considered it a bonus.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2021-03-27 at 06:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    5-6 - Okay but lacks any replayable solo content, nothing to do outside of the raids and dungeons sadly.

--- NO LIFE AGE---
    Classic: 6 (never played, just seen from my brother screen feels an old game even when launched)
    BC: 8 (much better but still for no lifers)
    --- GOLDEN AGE ---
    WOTLK: 9 (now that was a good game)
    Cata: 8 (class wise one of the best gameplay ever, story and world meh)
    MOP: 10 (GG)
    --- WTF AGE ---
    WOD: 3 (we got bait with "housing" we got garrison! like the "when u order on wish" meme)
    --- GRINDING/R.IO AGE ---
    Legion: 7 (best art style of all, but still AP grind, r.io born)
    BFA: 5 (grind and rng power on loot.... r.io decide who play and not)
    SL: 5 (grind and rng loot on less loot?!?!? r.io show that a 1500rio still do not know how to play)

I don't remember what I previously rated it in the "honeymoon" phase, maybe Good. Now I'm rating it Bad.

Combat/Class design- they need a major overhaul, and not just class redesigns like Legion. The direction of borrowed power isn't working, they've admitted as much multiple times, but they are sticking with it. They also need to overhaul secondaries, do something with them so we have something new to learn, new break points to discover, etc... Base classes feel bad, and this is some of the biggest imbalances we've seen in a long time.

World- Covenants are pretty great, but we still only interact with the world through world quests and its grown real tire some. Most of the zones are just miserable places to spend any time in. And there isn't a reason to even go into these places anymore.

Maw- I love harder content like this normally, except there are no rewards. WoW is an rpg, the biggest defining factor of success vs failure are stats. If this were an action game where skill played the majority role, zones like the Maw would be fine with no/little rewards because being able to persist in the zone is the reward for your skill. Maw needs gear drops and real rewards.

Torghast- I love torghast but its terrible. The concept of a rogue like card tower is a perfect fit for wow. Except they failed that concept, you don't build a "run" you just get shit dropped on you. For the normal runs, whether you get beneficial abilities or not, you still win because level 8 is easy. For the long runs, you become OP because you get all your abilities. And there are no rewards... again. Its a time sink that essentially guarantees success.

Raid- its fine, none of the fights are memorable, but most 1st tiers are like that.

Dungeons- they are terrible and they aren't dungeons any more, its not a surprise that the only "dungeon" that isn't just an instanced open world area, is the best (bobsalami). M+ and MDI have done an amazing job at both making 5 man endgame better and awful all at the same time.

Story- I dont think I've ever cared less about the story, thats more subjective, but it seems most people don't care anymore.

At the end of the days, this is just Legion 3.0, and Legion was awful until they fixed leggos and started adding more things that weren't Nighthold. BFA peaked around BfD but it was goodish the whole time. The biggest issues were the newly added content wasn't great or even repeatable. SL started off strong, but when the artificial time gate on the covenant campaign ended, its been showing its ass as not a very good expansion with compounding issues. New content is OK, but unrepeatable because its an unrewarding slog. Dungeons are the worst they've ever been and raid logging is boring because there aren't any real fun fights and gearing isn't rewarding (drop rates are fine, the gear itself for the effort isn't worth it).

7+ Year Old Account
    Its an okay expansion. But i feel no need to log in
    Its possible that all the years playing wow have taken a toll
    Also, i do not like the storyline of this expansion at all
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.