Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Oh you caught me on that one...Wow wow wowowowow...Whooops!
    Whoopsi

/10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You’re the only one mad and crying and can’t handle someone else’s opinion.
    That would be true if other people weren’t calling you out for trolling. That would also be true if I wasn’t engaging in constructive conversations about the merits and demerits of the film with a diverse set of people. But it’s not true. And you’re trolling. Because you’re angry that people like the film. Kinda like how you get angry on this forum every time people disagree with you. Which is why you’re going on ignore now. Have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Apparently some Snyder fans are now review bombing Godzilla vs Kong.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/256...kong-heres-why
    I doubt it’s as wide spread as the article makes it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    Apparently some Snyder fans are now review bombing Godzilla vs Kong.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/256...kong-heres-why
    If I ever create a review aggregate website...I'm going to lessen the weight that all 1/10 and 10/10 reviews have on the average. Very, very few movies are so good or so bad that they deserve those ratings.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I watched it with a free trial of HBOmax so I didn't have to pay for it, and while it was a vast improvement over the original release it didn't exactly blow me away. I wouldn't have paid money to see this, but it's good to have a more complete version out there.

What the movie really made me ponder, though, was the entire big-screen-2-hour-movie format. It felt like this would have been much better suited to a serial format - stretch this over 10 episodes, give more backstory to things, etc. I really have been kind of turned off by the single-movie format over the last few years and I feel like this one really showcased the problems that arise when you try and compress things that much using a storyline adapted from a wide, serial format like comic books.

The thing that annoyed me most, funnily enough, was the 4:3 format. I cannot for the life of me figure out what's behind that supposed "creative vision", it really didn't add anything to my experience and just looked goofy on a widescreen monitor.

If I ever create a review aggregate website...I'm going to lessen the weight that all 1/10 and 10/10 reviews have on the average. Very, very few movies are so good or so bad that they deserve those ratings.
    People will just figure out the sweet spots and bomb them like that, it's not like 2/10 is really all that much better

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if they already did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

People will just figure out the sweet spots and bomb them like that, it's not like 2/10 is really all that much better
    Maybe. I'm not really sure about that...it's been years now and most people still haven't figured out how Rotten Tomatoes works.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    So...people out of their stubbornness got what they wanted, a snyder cut, and it's a mess n no good...hopefully DC cancel any future projects with him n reboot the justice league..

things have moved on
    Aquaman
    Critic: 65%
    Audience: 74%
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/aquaman_2018

Snyder's Justice League
    Critic: 72%
    Audience: 95%

But, aquaman was part of the Snyderverse. Is it different cause they allowed his solo movie to be more colorful? It was always going to have a different director. Honestly, it's just marvel wanna-be not being as good as marvel. I dunno. I like that Snyderverse cause it actually feels like DC and not Marvel lite.

They could continue the movie universe and do Snyderverse on HBO with short seasons, in the same format Marvel is doing with Disney+.
    But, i'm honestly not interested in more of these marvel lite movies. WW1984 was dreadful. Not expecting good things from Black Adam either. It's just gonna be "the rock" on a DC skin.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly doubt that is more than a handful of people. Most people don't have time to do crap like that.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2021-03-30 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    A
    I honestly doubt that is more than a handful of people. Most people don't have time to do crap like that.
    Then it wouldn't hurt anything if I were to implement that system. It's not just designed to combat planned attacks to lower a movie's rating...it will also help against people who are just being unfair to the movie because they had a bad experience at the theater or something. You see that shit happen all the time on amazon and shit...someone giving a low rating on a product because there was a problem with the delivery...not the product itself. Bugs the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    That would be true if other people weren’t calling you out for trolling. That would also be true if I wasn’t engaging in constructive conversations about the merits and demerits of the film with a diverse set of people. But it’s not true. And you’re trolling. Because you’re angry that people like the film. Kinda like how you get angry on this forum every time people disagree with you. Which is why you’re going on ignore now. Have a good day.
    None of that happened.

You engaged me because you were just so darn upset by my opinion that you had to attack and call me names. If anyone is trolling its you, sport.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Too much damn slo-mo. Why did every story beat need a solo-mo scene? How much shorter would this movie be if those scenes were just played out in normal time?
    I've read some news stating there were 24 minutes and 7 seconds of slow-mo in this movie. But considering most of slow-mos are for Flash, Superman or Wonder Woman "super fast" scenes, they didn't bothered me too much, I think only a handful were unnecessary.
    It would be unreasonable to think that it'd be interesting to watch Flash going lightspeed without slow-motion. Those scenes (Superman's rebirth, post-Unity rewind) would have literally been shorter than one frame.

5+ Year Old Account
    Aquaman
    Critic: 65%
    Audience: 74%
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/aquaman_2018

Snyder's Justice League
    Critic: 72%
    Audience: 95%
    audience score on snyder cut doesn't really count, since few that aren't already sold fans are going to watch a 4 hour movie..so u get a score way higher than it should be..

I was iffy on the original theatrical. I was laughing out loud at the bad parts, and was impressed at the effects that deserved being impressed at. This film is different though. The story is clearly not cut together using the footage of a different director, the characters are much more fleshed out, and the jokes that ARE in there are spaced out enough that the running joke of the film isn't the one liners. I wouldn't rate it a perfect film, but it's not terrible. It should definitely be lower than the 95% it has currently, but it's not the 5-10% I would rate the theatrical if I was writing a review.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

audience score on snyder cut doesn't really count, since few that aren't already sold fans are going to watch a 4 hour movie..so u get a score way higher than it should be..
    Same number of reviews though 25k+.

More than that, I'd surmise that many people who are going to watch the Snyder cut are going into the movie wanting it to be better than the original, then get distracted by some improvements. However, going back between the two films, ironically enough the Snyder cut breaks more things than it fixes... and I can't believe I'm saying it, but Whedon did improve on a lot of the inconsistencies that were in the Snyder cut. I personally have no stake in this, as I'm not attached to the DC films and have very little/no emotional attachment to the material... I just want a story that makes sense.

Don't get me wrong, both films are very bad when you consider the writing: plot points that break the story or the other movies in the universe, heavy reliance on luck or people acting out of character (people being stupid, 'forgetting' important things, etc). for the plot to happen, world mechanic inconsistency, and so forth. In the end, Snyder cut ultimately has the worst writing of the two films, and a lot of the Whedon changes make a LOT more sense from an outside perspective after seeing the Snyder cut. It's very obvious in hindsight that Whedon tried to bring the story into a more cohesive direction while try to preserve some integrity of the film itself and its relation to other films in the franchise (such as MoS and BvS). If I had to pin down why Snyder's version ends up worse in the end, it's because it has a longer run time to make more mistakes and/or compound upon the issues of his own making.

If I had to rate the Snyder cut, I'd rate it lower than the Whedon version... but just barely. Both films would maybe get a 2 out of 10 as there are some redeeming factors in both versions that are surrounded by an utter mess. However, just because I rate the films very low doesn't mean people can't enjoy them. Despite my 2 out of 10 rating, I did have moments where I did enjoy parts of the films as they were meant to be enjoyed, and there were a lot of times when I was laughing out loud at the ridiculous writing and the ludicrous spectacle I was shown. If you enjoyed these films or either cut, that's great!
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    heavy reliance on luck or people acting out of character (people being stupid, 'forgetting' important things, etc). for the plot to happen
    Totally exclusive to Justice League yeah, we've never seen that anywhere else before.
    This point has never been a huge problem unless it is really stupid. This didn't prevent Infinity War to be a huge success despite Thanos having been able to end the movie at will every time he had to be confronted to an avenger. But he didn't, because yes there was a movie to be told. Would you prefer to have a 5-minutes movie of Thanos stomping everyone ?
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2021-03-30 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Was it perfect no, but it was way better than Whedon's. It did Cyborg, Flash and Steppenwolf some justice and wow it made me like Cyborg. The CGI was a mess but it was fuck as hell to watch. 7.5/10. I want to see a Knightmare movie!
    I want to see continuation of JL... I liked it so much more than Avengers... But alas, they officially said there won't be such, didn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Totally exclusive to Justice League yeah, we've never seen that anywhere else before.
    This point has never been a huge problem unless it is really stupid. This didn't prevent Infinity War to be a huge success despite Thanos having been able to end the movie at will every time he had to be confronted to an avenger. But he didn't, because yes there was a movie to be told. Would you prefer to have a 5-minutes movie of Thanos stomping everyone ?
    I’ve found this movie is one of those divisive ones where some people are going to say ridiculously unrealistic things in favour of or against it just because. Best just to ignore it and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    The thing that annoyed me most, funnily enough, was the 4:3 format.
    I had to move my stuff around to get the clearance necessary, looked great to me ;-). I thought the movie was solid superhero flick too, never saw the original though.

Same number of reviews though 25k+.
    It doesn't show the total number of reviews just that they're over 25000. IMDB shows actual totals. Aquaman has 384000, JLS has 208000, JLW has 406000.

Honestly, the JLS total is a hair suspicious. This isn't a 10/10 movie. Breaking Bad has 1.5M reviews, 986k are 10/10. Dark Knight has 2.3M reviews, 1.05M are 10/10.

Is JLS really comparable to DK or Breaking Bad?