Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    One of their better ones.

I think if you store them that way it should make them half effective when you use the displacer. That way they'll feel less mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    why would they care about time played metrics? they get your money monthly so as long as your paying for a month it wouldn't matter if you logged in once or a hundred times.
    There are psychological implications to playing everyday. You're more inclined to pay for another month(s) if you've been playing constantly. Keeping you hooked is the goal. And since they're failing to do just that with Retail, they might as well try with Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Guess you don't read the non-classic forums filled with complaints either.
    Gotta love the vocal minorities.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTherapist View Post
    Well...is not an April Fools joke.

source:
    https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic...n-classic-era/
    Everyone knows if you ask a cop if they are a cop they HAVE to tell the truth.

Interested to know if the buffs will be removed (it seems to imply the well, re: so you can't get a second set of buffs) and if you purchase multiple devices, are you able to just fill a bag with a full set of buffs (guessing not, with the first assumption).

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Interested to know if the buffs will be removed (it seems to imply the well, re: so you can't get a second set of buffs) and if you purchase multiple devices, are you able to just fill a bag with a full set of buffs (guessing not, with the first assumption).
    I figured they'd just make in a perma item and not a consumable requiring your to purchase new ones. Either way, they could just add a unique tag to the item so you wouldn't be able to even have more than 1 on your character.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    why would they care about time played metrics? they get your money monthly so as long as your paying for a month it wouldn't matter if you logged in once or a hundred times.
    Because it’s literally the metric they’re using for their KPIs with investors?

For each of Activision, Blizzard, and King, daily time spent per user increased year-over-year. For the Company overall, average time spent was approximately 50 minutes

There’s a general pillar in companies called “Deepening,” of which engagement falls. Time spent is part of engagement, and it’s a core indicator of success and profit potential.

If I told you what MY line of business considers Engagement metrics, you might think a bit differently about how your money is being used... :P some things that seem totally benign and not profitable are in ways other than what you think.
    Last edited by kiramon; 2021-03-31 at 04:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they do April's fools they would make it more comedic, however this bit is an actual concern that Blizz has had.
    We launched Classic with an intent to keep the game data the same as it was originally, and we wanted to make sure we delivered on that promise, but now that we’ve been through all the content phases we planned before launch, we took a step back to consider what it really means to have the world buff system stay this way in Classic Era. A persistent world where everybody is traveling around for magical items and spells to maximize their power is fine, but one where they then stop playing to avoid wasting them seems wrong. Having an additional stop that lets you “bottle your buffs” seems like a thematically appropriate change to alleviate that problem.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    Because it’s literally the metric they’re using for their KPIs with investors?

For each of Activision, Blizzard, and King, daily time spent per user increased year-over-year. For the Company overall, average time spent was approximately 50 minutes

There’s a general pillar in companies called “Deepening,” of which engagement falls. Time spent is part of engagement, and it’s a core indicator of success and profit potential.

If I told you what MY line of business considers Engagement metrics, you might think a bit differently about how your money is being used... :P some things that seem totally benign and not profitable are in ways other than what you think.
    They use MAU for investor reports not daily or time spent in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    so what blizzard wants you to do is lo in, gather your buffs, hit your thing, then go do other fun stuff.

What is going to happen is people are going to log in, gather, buffs, hit the thing, then log out to an alt. just like before.

the only people this applies to are the classic players who dont want to migrate to TBC and instead basically want to farm naxx indefinitely. those people use world buffs and they probably always will, i think this is a win for their qol

Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    They do something for the community, they complain.
    They dont do anything, they complain.

Why does blizz even bother dealing with these classic players? Just let that overhyped museum rot.
    Its not just classic players. Its the entire community (and truly the internet as a whole). Its nothing but complaining about every little thing.

Good change, good explanation. I agree 100% that world buffs play too much of a role in Classic and personally I would be fine with their complete removal. People are whining the raids are too easy in classic anyway.
    Still this workaround makes sense and I think it's a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeEU View Post
    Blizzard puts so much effort into this, when removing the world buffs all together (in raids) would have been the much easier solution.
    Do classic players really think its fun to collect all these buffs for each raid?

This is a question for all buffs, consumables etc. Is it fun to chuck 20 potions before each boss?

And then when you're what 50-100 % stronger, do you feel proud to have killed the boss?
    Quite an achievement !
    There is no prestige or achivement in clearing classic content.

Wbuffs just makes it more fun. More dmg = more fun always.

My server have specific times for each buff and it's never "Random", always cleared tribute runs available & summons to songflower etc, So i can never really understand why any one think it's hard or difficult to get world buffs.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

This should have simply been either:
    • walk into instance for the first time per day and you get a buff of all the world buffs instantly
    • remove them entirely

World buffs are a fucking pain in the ass. This is only going to open another meta where you get the buffs and bottle them for a specific boss. Why would you not kill, say, Noth and Heigan without them then pop them out for Loatheb? It is done now by waiting for the next day, if you clear Naxx in two days, or going out and spending an hour to rebuff. Sure, there is a time savings but it's going to just screw up the experience even more.
    Last edited by Domiran; 2021-03-31 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    They do something for the community, they complain.
    They dont do anything, they complain.

Why does blizz even bother dealing with these classic players? Just let that overhyped museum rot.
    Yes because Retail is perfect and literally nobody complains about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Don't know if it's the best solution, but I'm glad that they're at least trying to make sensible changes. Hopefully they don't go overboard and listen to feedback.
    I think it's the better solution under the light of the fact how reliant people have become on World buffs in order to clear Naxx.

Yes, people joke about the difficulty of Classic, but without World buffs, you can kiss <2h clears of Naxx goodbye, disregarding that a lot of people get another set of world buffs just for Sapp / KT, because wiping in Classic (especially Naxx) is fucking expensive.

Removing world buffs entirely is in my opinion something that should be reserved for Fresh Classic servers, where more significant changes to the game can be made (which have been hinted by Blizzard in a poll).

I mean, after the greater drums fiasco they had last week, it became pretty clear they are fine with the degenerate meta. This only confirms it. Guess that's what happens, when you let people who run pservers develop yout legacy games.