Page 28 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Wrong - wrong in every possible way - you are performing some amazing mental gymnastics here, but you are wrong, very, very wrong.
    how i'm wrong, every 2 raid night i partecipate in my guild wipe fest with the hope to drop equip (tools) that help me compensate for my unskilled ass with more raw power to kill the next the boss...
    if for some miracle magic lucky shot i finish mythic raid the last thing i want is equip, but a vacation or a mount XD
    and if a casual got better loot i do not care at all, good for them maybe they got good use for it or maybe not who cares

Maybe we just agreed to disagreed that we read the "carrot and stick" in different way...
    for u the carrot is the equip
    for me kill the boss
    Last edited by Scarnage86; 2021-03-31 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    The problem in the first place was allowing players to easily get high level gear in previous expansions so now those players complain about not getting gear they have not earnt in the first place.

If a raider doesnt do anything but normal raids then you only get 200 ilvl gear, just the same as you only wanting to do BGs so your actually being rewarded for the content your doing, its not good to just reward players with higher gear for not doing anything to earn it.
    It was never a problem before.

Answer the question then, what is the point of doing random battlegrounds if you have no hope of getting stronger and all you have to look forward to is getting beaten on by geared folks from the opposite faction, as well as getting yelled at by your own for taking a slot?

Enjoy your game I guess, the game, devs and community clearly doesn't want me around anymore.

This is an absolutely terrible analogy, because they dont get paid in "cars", they get paid in MONEY - so right from the outset, your entire premise is flawed. You know why you dont talk about the money? Because the question: Do you think Hamilton would be upset if someone racing gocarts in their mates backyard got paid the same money as him" - then the answer is EXTREMELY clear - hell yeah he would care - he would be going to his bosses saying "wtf is this shit? i need 10x the pay of that clown - i put in all the hard yards, all the training, all the work, the long hours practicing, i have honed my skill and improved continually, i have pushed myself and earned my spot - this kid just turns up once a month as he pleases, has zero motivation, zero input, zero training, and zero desire to improve - and you want to pay him the SAME as me?"
    You may be somehow right but I would like to pinpoint that time is not a skill.

Having tons of spare time to dedicate to gaming is not a skill. You can or you can’t. If you can’t, even if you would like, there’s not much you can do about it.

And if you can you have a whole set of advantages that the no time ppl don’t have, including raiding/pvping at a certain level and finding optimal comps to push M+ or to simply break through pugs due to the insane time you can spend and thus fails or waiting times you can afford.

The competition won’t EVER be even because /played is different for everyone and in a game like this it makes all the difference in the world.
    Last edited by chiddie; 2021-03-31 at 08:09 PM.

people value extrinsic rewards and the harder a challenge the better the reward they expect generally

Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post
    how i'm wrong, every 2 raid night i partecipate in my guild wipe fest with the hope to drop equip (tools) that help me compensate for my unskilled ass with more raw power to kill the next the boss...
    if for some miracle magic lucky shot i finish mythic raid the last thing i want is equip, but a vacation or a mount XD
    and if a casual got better loot i do not care at all, good for them maybe they got good use for it or maybe not who cares

Maybe we just agreed to disagreed that we read the "carrot and stick" in different way...
    for u the carrot is the equip
    for me kill the boss
    since you edited out my explanation, ill reply with that.

You are being extremely disingenuous to try and make a point. The character we play is our car - the gear we earn is our reward. Like i said, your entire premise is flawed right from the beginning, making your entire argument moot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

if you die in dark souls after a certain number of the attempts do you expect the game to just say "well you tried so here is the loot anyways"

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    You may be somehow right but I would like to pinpoint that time is not a skill.

Having tons of spare time to dedicate to gaming is not a skill. You can or you can’t. If you can’t, even if you would like, there’s not much you can do about it.

And if you can you have a whole set of advantages that the no time ppl don’t have, including raiding/pvping at a certain level and finding optimal comps to push M+ or to simply break through pugs due to the insane time you can spend and thus fails or waiting times you can afford.

The competition won’t EVER be even because /played is different for everyone and in a game like this it makes all the difference in the world.
    Correct - some people have more time than others. But you are insinuating that the only difference between a mythic raider and someone who only does WQ is time. There are also some amazing mythic raiders with extremely limited time, and some people with endless time who cant get beyond LFR. I raided with a guy who had 2 kids, worked full time (just a typical monday-friday job), and played sport at a regional level. He managed all this comfortably for years. He was one of the best players I ever raided with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    if you die in dark souls after a certain number of the attempts do you expect the game to just say "well you tried so here is the loot anyways"
    Read the thread - the answer is "yes - I expect to be given the loot the boss drops, so I can kill the boss - I don't want to improve or work on my skills at all, i just want the game to get easier."

To make things even crazier, some people want the loot without having to even attempt to kill the boss - they want the loot from the final boss on the hardest difficulty, while playing on the lowest difficulty and not leaving the start area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

my little brother have tryed darksoul after see me playing...
    after 5 dead he quit the game....
    some ppl do not care about how hard a GAME is, they just wanna finish it and maybe not feeling inferior when they set the game bar to super easy.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think suggesting that Dark Souls and WoW are comparable is a little bit of a stretch lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Read the thread - the answer is "yes - I expect to be given the loot the boss drops, so I can kill the boss - I don't want to improve or work on my skills at all, i just want the game to get easier."

To make things even crazier, some people want the loot without having to even attempt to kill the boss - they want the loot from the final boss on the hardest difficulty, while playing on the lowest difficulty and not leaving the start area.
    All I want is to be able to get the trickle of conquest in random battlegrounds I used to get in previous expansions and eventually get good PvP gear. It was never a problem before.

Correct - some people have more time than others. But you are insinuating that the only difference between a mythic raider and someone who only does WQ is time. There are also some amazing mythic raiders with extremely limited time, and some people with endless time who cant get beyond LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

And the point being? There are also a lot of amazing players stuck in sub 14 bracket because of little spare time mostly.

Exceptions will be always there.

I wasn’t insinuating anything, I just wanted to make clear that the more you can play, the better the result. An average joe with a lot of spare time can have better results than a good player with few spare time.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I think suggesting that Dark Souls and WoW are comparable is a little bit of a stretch lol
    yeah dark souls is way harder. But im not comparing gameplay, just the reward system.

Games are supposed to be fair, meaning your reward should be proportional to the effort you put into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarnage86 View Post
    Why skilled player got so mad about???
    It's a very basic answer: Loot is a reward for doing skilled content. If someone can just get lucky it invalidates the work put in that every skilled player puts in to EARN it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post

Answer the question then, what is the point of doing random battlegrounds if you have no hope of getting stronger and all you have to look forward to is getting beaten on by geared folks from the opposite faction, as well as getting yelled at by your own for taking a slot?

Enjoy your game I guess, the game, devs and community clearly doesn't want me around anymore.
    Dude if you expect a nice and friendly community, I’m sorry but this is the wrong game. Maybe there was a time in which it was, but now nowadays.

Just disbanded a 13 because a dps was continuously bishotted by everything and continued to insult me for not healing. He then left and gg.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Dude if you expect a nice and friendly community, I’m sorry but this is the wrong game. Maybe there was a time in which it was, but now nowadays.

Just disbanded a 13 because a dps was continuously bishotted by everything and continued to insult me for not healing. He then left and gg.
    I stopped expecting that around WoD. I used to have a game where I could have fun and progress on my own terms though.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    you have refuted nothing. nobody "needs" anything in a goddamned videogame and if you want to be flippant about it i can "refute you" and ask why does mythic "need" tight dps checks for bosses. you state that like it's a law of nature and not just one design choice among many.
    What a ridiculously obtuse post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    They get mad because "they worked for it".
    It doesn't occur to them that they've had the higher gear levels for longer and that they've been completing higher levels of content, that's not relevant to them.
    It's the same old human condition: the 'haves' do not want the 'have nots' to taste any luxury.

In today's WoW, the 16+ year old game that it is, gear levels are largely irrelevant to prestige.
    No one gives two shits if you stood in awe of someone in 2004 because they had a purple item; it's not 2004 anymore.
    Hundreds of people pay for carry runs every week to get the same gear Mr Mythic Raider gets.
    If you think standing around in Oribos with your 226+s on makes you an inspiration to the little folk, well, it doesn't. Not in any real impactful way.
    You're just a guy standing there that the majority of people see for 2sec as they run past to the flight point or to go to the inescapable maw for the 47th time that day.

The achievement of AOTC/CE is what matters.
    PVP mounts for the to % matter.
    Good mythic raiders and PVPers get that first, mediocre ones maybe down the road, and bad ones most likely not at all.
    That's your prestige.
    So, if you are that thirsty for attention, I guess run around Oribos/SW/Org with /yell and your achievement and see who cares.
    Dude, none of this **** matters. No one actually cares what gear anyone else has or what achievements you have. They care only in the sense of whether you meet a certain threshold to join a group. The whole 'omg, this guys gear is so leet' phase of wow ended about 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Dude, none of this **** matters. No one actually cares what gear anyone else has or what achievements you have. They care only in the sense of whether you meet a certain threshold to join a group. The whole 'omg, this guys gear is so leet' phase of wow ended about 10 years ago.
    It's really not lol. Groups won't take you if you don't have both the achievements and the gear. You also have to be what they deem "meta" at that moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadkins View Post

When has it been any other way? Since tbc, rated pvp gave better gear and allowed u to dominate in pvp.