Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    For fuck sakes didn't this moronic women hating lunatic fucking kill himself trying some stupid all meat diet or some shit and wound up having to be locked up in a mental institution?

Seriously I am disappointed any sense of this mans stupidity would make it's way into a comic, sad lol!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I wonder sometimes, guys like jordan peterson, how much publicity would they have in a non-woke world if fame was determined by merit?

I think the guy gets famous n stays so by over-sensitive peeps...the sad part is that people think attacking him is the battle they should be fighting, or that they would 'win' anything by it..University isn't about trying to make people not disturb your echo chamber, but about exchanging ideas. You guys are really helping him sell more books is all...there's probably thousands other professors that are more qualified n should sell more books, but no, we need to take twitter into the real world..
    By merit he would be and was a nobody it wasn’t until the right leaning YouTube people
    Picked him up to rail against and lie about trans people that he got any notice and then he rolled with that gullible fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    For fuck sakes didn't this moronic women hating lunatic fucking kill himself trying some stupid all meat diet or some shit and wound up having to be locked up in a mental institution?

Seriously I am disappointed any sense of this mans stupidity would make it's way into a comic, sad lol!
    He got addicted to benzodiazepines (tranquilizers), which are notoriously difficult to detox from, and he went to some Russian hospital for sketchy treatment that I think almost killed him. But yes, at the same time, he was telling people that his all meat diet had cured his depression.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account

He ended up in Russia, on life support.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Wasn't he openly a fascist? He has that white supremacy show, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    I heard a rumor. Tucker Carlson and Co-host Glenn Greenwald will spend an hour discussing, "Who is the Red Skull? And why do libruls want to cancel him?" Gamergaters will be begging Jordan to sue Kathleen Kennedy and Marvel for besmirching his name.
    A reminder of Wolfenstein controversy...

Wolfenstein raises the question: When did punching Nazis become controversial?
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/11/16...year-in-review

Pointing out racism is woke... wtf is complaining about nazis being mistreated? If they cared about Americans, as much as they care about nazis in video games, a lot of our problems wouldn’t exist.

They are complaining again, with the new game trailer, but it’s relegated to Reddit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Wasn't he openly a fascist? He has that white supremacy show, no?
    No, he was openly a lobster... that’s about it... everything else is generic psychobabble...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    He got addicted to benzodiazepines (tranquilizers), which are notoriously difficult to detox from, and he went to some Russian hospital for sketchy treatment that I think almost killed him. But yes, at the same time, he was telling people that his all meat diet had cured his depression.
    Thank you for the clarification.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He ended up in Russia, on life support.
    Well I always hated the guy but honestly, I was surprised how wrong he would be when he found out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I always hated the guy but honestly, I was surprised how wrong he would be when he found out.
    Yeah, the year or so of him being sick, pretty much confirmed everything he said was wrong. From the cause, to the cure, to the recovery... it all contradicts his rhetoric.

I am not too familiar with comic aesthetics over the years, but that looks like it was drawn in a time before Jordan Peterson's fame?

I do also like that, it is a reference to young confused men, following a path after they found meaning be it in the flag, the badge or fascism; and that he apparently found the notion of his teachings weren't the first two (or something fourth), but instead that it was the fascism that was copying him...
    Last edited by Howel; 2021-04-06 at 06:36 PM.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    I am not too familiar with comic aesthetics over the years, but that looks like it was drawn in a time before Jordan Peterson's fame?

https://www.marvel.com/comics/collec...rade_paperback
    Collects Captain America (2018) #1-6 and material from Free Comic Book Day 2018 (Avengers/Captain America). It’s winter in America! For more than 70 years, Captain America has stood in stalwart defense of our country and its people. But in the aftermath of Hydra’s takeover of the nation, Cap is a figure of controversy, carrying a tarnished shield — and a new enemy is rising! Distrusted by a nation that seems to have lost faith in him, and facing threats including the Taskmaster and an army of Nuke super-soldiers, Steve Rogers is a man out of time — and out of options! Where can Captain America turn for help stopping the influence-broker cabal known as the Power Elite? And which surprising villain is pulling the group’s strings? Join acclaimed BLACK PANTHER scribe Ta-Nehisi Coates for the next chapter of Captain America’s life!

Oh never mind then. The aesthetic just looks older than that, but as I noted, not familiar with how its been over the years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    Oh never mind then. The aesthetic just looks older than that, but as I noted, not familiar with how its been over the years.
    Still, the comic is almost 3 years old... for him to just pick it up, was he in a comma or something? Oh... that’s right... he was... an induced comma in Russia...

"Told that the whole world is against them" sounds like what the left tell black people as well

I guess the horseshoe theory is right again.

Still, the comic is almost 3 years old... for him to just pick it up, was he in a comma or something? Oh... that’s right... he was... an induced comma in Russia...
    I am aware. Probably sent to him by some fan or something akin to that, "look daddy Jordan, they mock your greatness, please love me!". Better hope he doesn't find the other dozens off things that have actually intentionally parodied him or pointed out his ideology's darker sides etc..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    "Told that the whole world is against them" sounds like what the left tell black people as well
    The left isn’t the ones saying it... it’s black people... How fucking hard is it, to respond to Black Lives Mater... with “sure”?

Instead, ya’ll get conned into this nonsense:

Want to repeat the lyrics the dumb ass with the Blue Lives Mater flag is singing?

I guess the horseshoe theory is right again.
    No, you are just the sort to have an anti-anti-fascist flag as your avatar, without a lick of irony or basic logic. Want to talk more about black people, in a thread where a fascist realizes that he sounds a lot like a fascist?
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-04-06 at 07:03 PM.

Not gonna lie. This is funny as shit. It's also pretty fucking accurate.

I haven't read comics in decades, but this is some quality trolling. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Not gonna lie. This is funny as shit. It's also pretty fucking accurate.

I haven't read comics in decades, but this is some quality trolling. Well done.
    Marvel better thank him for any boost in Captain America comic sales they see in light of him discovering things from his coma days.

Reminds me of flyers/graffiti making generalized statements against fascism and Trump supporters taking personal offense to them because they feel it's directed at them/Trump.

Also works on positive statements. Generalized statements of things like, "treat your fellow human beings with respect" or just quoting Jesus. They feel like it's a liberal attack directed at them.

You'd think they stop and realize what it means that they identify with a nazi villain and oppose Jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    The left isn’t the ones saying it... it’s black people... How fucking hard is it, to respond to Black Lives Mater... with “sure”?

Instead, ya’ll get conned into this nonsense:

[video=youtube_share;ddrFt1BHkUQ/video]

Want to repeat the lyrics the dumb ass with the Blue Lives Mater flag is singing?

No, you are just the sort to have an anti-anti-fascist flag as your avatar, without a lick of irony or basic logic. Want to talk more about black people, in a thread where a fascist realizes that he sounds a lot like a fascist?
    Dear God someone needs to come get their grandparents, Not the first time I've seen people jamming to lyrics they clearly don't understand. I realize sometimes it can be hard to figure out like Hendrix etc.

But like Spring sting or Unfortunate Son being played at Trump rallies. RATM are pretty clear as crystal where they stand politically.

Well no wonder the American comic book industry is on its ass while Japanese manga and anime are taking over everything. Nobody wants to be politically lectured by a bunch snooty woke people.