Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just play Solo, there will be as much loot grubbing scum today as there was back then. Dickheads haven't changed in 20 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    is there going to be personal loot, or not? I need to know.If there is no personal loot, I'm not interested in buying it
    Learn how to play on your own or go play something with personal loot.
    I swear it's the same people who've never completed the game on their own, and who just get their chars boosted on bnet that want these changes.
    Last edited by KYH; 2021-04-10 at 12:10 PM.
    Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greats heroes, you're still only mortal!

I like how someone ask a question and people answer with passive aggressiveness. It's not like he asked to change the game into something, just a straight question if a feature is in or not...

Stop being so angry, people.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I like how someone ask a question and people answer with passive aggressiveness. It's not like he asked to change the game into something, just a straight question if a feature is in or not...

Stop being so angry, people.
    I like how people make threads for stuff they can google in 30 seconds
    Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greats heroes, you're still only mortal!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    any tips on how to do that 20 years ago? when the internet was barely a thing?
    Communitys were pretty strong outside of the game. D2 had some very trustworthy FORUM communities that lasted many years during D2.
    You had to trust people pretty fast, since muling valuable items from your main to MULES was a high risk situations with how fast games were crashing.

I really miss good old vanilla D2. But item sales for RealMoney was just insane before WoW even got to its first beta. There are allways pro's/con's for personal loot.
    No personal loot means usually that items will sell for RealMoney just as it did in D2, anything that was rare and valuable for the META gearing, was sold and not traded.

I am allways amazed how much shit D3 got for the RMAH. It was a much smaller issue as the insanity that was going on with D2. For some reason people forgot that HC D2 loot was sold for hundreds of EUR per item on EBAY. First ladder rare weapons were traded for 1000$+ even at the start, so its hard to believe that D3 players had any experience what was going in in CLOSED D2.

Naive single player offline cheaters that just got the online reality check with the forced online mode in D3?
    Last edited by Ange; 2021-04-10 at 12:24 PM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    No personal loot means
    i mean i do think personal loot is going to far, but the option to enable dice rolls for unique/set items at game creation wouldn't be to bad. (then the community can vote by their actions which version they prefer)

I am allways amazed how much shit D3 got for the RMAH. It was a much smaller issue as the insanity that was going on with D2. For some reason people forgot that HC D2 loot was sold for hundreds of EUR per item on EBAY. First ladder rare weapons were traded for 1000$+ even at the start, so its hard to believe that D3 players had any experience what was going in in CLOSED D2.
    eh. same story as gold in wow. small scale before legalization, dominates game economy after legalization. good thing its gone form the mainstream imo.

it might have stood a chance if the game wasn't so horribly balanced at launch though.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-04-10 at 12:59 PM.

is there going to be personal loot, or not? I need to know.If there is no personal loot, I'm not interested in buying it
    Yes there are 2 ways to enable person loot.

#1 - play in a private game with max players = 1
    #2 - play solo mode

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    What is fun about not getting loot because somebody across from you can click faster than god?

What the fuck? I realize this is how the game was, and how the recreate will be. But let's not pretend that aspect was *good*
    There was an element of excitement in drops, that you might get it over someone else. Public games the loot was a high risk element but if you wanted to Magic Find you did that solo because it was more efficient. The main content you'd do in a group would be Chaos and/or Baal runs for experience. Often you'd do this with friends or within a Clan.

It adds an element of engagement because you have to focus and pay attention in case something good drops.
    I think perhaps the current crowd of RPG players are very used to playing in random groups because that was more efficient? Solo play is the most efficient for getting drops in D2.

It is a solo friendly game.
    Last edited by Uurdz; 2021-04-10 at 01:33 PM.

20 years ago we had LAN Partys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KYH View Post
    I like how people make threads for stuff they can google in 30 seconds
    You could of just answered his question that quickly instead of being a jerk.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You could of just answered his question that quickly instead of being a jerk.
    Or just ignore the thread if it triggers one so badly. It's like some just seek out to be angry about something. Which is sort of interesting.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Whooaa... haha ok then no multiplayer!

Fascinating the progress we've made and the things we take for granted now!
    Diablo IV is the best MMORPG Blizzard has ever made!

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    Just wait for the bots to scoop up all the loot to sell you online just like back in the day
    thank you all for answering and clarifying my question. then I definitely will not buy it. I hate the group loot, it is very frustrating, I prefer the diablo3 loot. (personal loot)

Play the game with only people you know and it'll never be an issue. Not too complicated really.

- - - Updated - - -

thank you all for answering and clarifying my question. then I definitely will not buy it. I hate the group loot, it is very frustrating, I prefer the diablo3 loot. (personal loot)
    I get it, if you don't have friends it would suck.

gonna bot the shit out d2, and steal everything from everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Play the game with only people you know and it'll never be an issue. Not too complicated really.

- - - Updated - - -

I get it, if you don't have friends it would suck.
    Sounds good, but I don't know anyone I trust to play any online game.

Talk to people who played games? School? College? Work? I mean idk maybe there was a book on how to socialize at the local library back then lol.

Also you could find people for online games in the mid/late 90s. Wasn't a issue in 2000s.
    Last edited by Drench; 2021-04-10 at 10:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can play Closed BNet solo, just put a PW on the game before you start.

or you can play Local Single Player.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    gonna bot the shit out d2, and steal everything from everyone.
    I doubt blizz will allow people to bot, at least from the start lol

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    I mean shit people can ram hack overwatch right now and aimbot all day long without getting caught. Hacking / botting / scripting / etc in D2 is almost a feature

Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    Blizz has never ALLOWED people to bot in original D2 either (or D3, for that matter), and look how much that has stopped people ¬_¬